rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

The Shield

Fucking hell! Just finished season 5.

Shane, you utter cunt. Utter fucking cunt! I'm in shock. What a cunt! I feel like I've been gut punched.

:( I got so involved with The Shield and loved it so much that it hit me hard. I felt miserable for weeks after this - the feeling you get when a relationship ends.

Yeah, I definitely get the Breaking Bad vibe from it, the way it just seems like one massive long story rather than a series of seasons with the same characters in, if that makes sense. It's ducking brilliant as well.

I'm going to start this. Hopefully it should help with my Breaking Bad withdrawal. :)

You've definitely picked the right show. Get ready for AWESOME.

I miss this show. There's something slightly lightweight about it, something fun, compared to Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad anyway. Maybe it's the short episode length. But it's no worse for it and it's so good. Vic is a massive cunt though!

Fuck! Finished.

Amazing, amazing, amazing. The end to the penultimate episode broke me. Properly broke me. Just too much to take in.

Not sure where it stands in my favourite TV shows but definitely up there with the best.

Utterly amazing.

• Upvote 2

The pause! The pause before he says anything. It was like he was dragging that opening statement from the depths of his soul, like he had buried what he did so deep that he could barely bring himself to say it... And then when he does the floodgates just open.

Chiklis' performance was simply spellbinding at that moment. I'm not sure I breathed during it.

• Upvote 1

Further reading reveals post production was done in SD too, so there are no HD masters of finished episodes. They'd have to go back to the original film and redo everything, like with Star Trek TNG, but with less sales than that would produce to recover costs. There's also claims that there were parts filmed on SD video, which will forever be SD.

There's also claims that there were parts filmed on SD video, which will forever be SD.

Oh I remember noticing something weird, maybe that's what it was - in a couple of episodes it goes from looking like a film to Eastenders and back again across a few scenes. I thought the frame rate was jumping around or something but the lighting and general picture quality looked different as well