rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

The Shield

Just watched eps 6 and 7. Things are heating up nicely. :D

TV-related understatement of the year :D

Christ this show is immense. I'm getting scared by the fact we are NOW closer to the end of the season than the start though, assuming 13 episodes.

Watching the finale right now.

Vic's undercover! :P so funny.

25 minutes in and it's really fucking good stuff. What a season.

Dutchboy moving on to Danny. This episode has way more comedy than it should do.

Dutch and Danny locker room scene. Again with the YEAH!

FUCKERS! What a massive set up for the next season. Didn't deliver on a whole lot but has certainly left me screaming for more.

Shit, that was the whole season? It was just getting into its stride! You're damn right it didn't deliver very much, I was fully expecting the rest of the season to be about:

Vic and Ronnie vs. Shane, plus the Spanish blackmail stuff on the side

So 6x10 is the last episode?

Fairly underwhelming finale, I thought.

Man, I was kind of wishing Shane would shoot Corrane just to shut her up; she has such an annoying screech.

Strange season overall, Ronnie was underused as usual and sticking Julian on the Strike Team didn’t make much sense.

Huh? I thought this was the last season. There's going to be a 7th?

Certainly is. I was worried that they'd blow their load with 6 and as a result 7 would have nothing in the tank, but at least now there's so much to resolve.

But the wait, oh the wait!

Are you guys sure that was the last ep? I'd heard this was the last season too, so was expecting a couple more to cap it off.

This ep would have been awesome if there was one next week to keep it going...instead it's all a little Halo 2.

A quick search suggests that FX have indeed ordered season 7. tv.com are only listing the episodes aired in the US so hard to determine if ep 10 was the last. It was an extended length episode which suggests it was the finale. Bit strange though as most previous ones have been 12/13 eps.

Yeah, I was surprised to hear it is only ten episodes too. Mildly dissapointed. As diggler says, it's all a bit Halo 2 and feels like they have chopped the end off.

Fucking great stuff though.

Highlight of the season imo:

The Shane and Vic chat which ended with Shane saying something along the lines of "I did it so yoy could sleep at night" OR the look on Shane's face when Vic shoots the guy he thinks killed Lem, in fact that whole totrure scene, you can see the pain on Shane's face throughout

UBERacting.

I saw season 1 on Hallmark ages ago and meant o pick up season 2 but never got round to it. I'm halfway through season 2 now and its amazing, and Catherine Dent is :)

Just started this, first episode = wow, brilliant shit! And now I've nearly finished the first season, seems great. Hope it doesn't continue forever with the crooked cop almost gets caught storyline though.

That is one of the main long running plots throughout the entire series, but it doesn't get tired, as the stakes continue to get higher. There's plenty else going on as well.

• Upvote 1

I got as far as season 4 (bought the box set) and took a break from it as I was doing two episodes a night.

Then Netflix turned up! So yeah I really need to go back to it. One of the best things I've seen on tv.