Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

The Shield

S5 ep7

OMG!

Dutch was brilliant again - his totally pathetic "it's a code" bit was just great. Again with his talk about Claudette quitting. I really hope she isn't out of the show now.

Looks like things are really getting interesting from the IAD angle too. If Kavanaugh keeps digging at the Aceveda / Mitchell thing it's gonna get real messy. He doesn't really have much on the strike team at the moment though. The drugs thing on Lem is all but useless, and the cash on Vic (and his attempts to ply Shane) are not going to amount to anything useful, as I said before, a tax dodge is the best he'd be able to manage, as there are no traces to the money train anymore.

Fantastic episode though. I didn't think the show could get much better after the last few episodes, but it somehow has <_<

Well, hmmm! I'm a little bit confused!

I loved the first episode, then the next two or three left me cold.

:)

Then it really picked up. The bit where he put the two warring rappers in the bulkhead was brilliant, and the cherrypoppers episode where Dutch finally got some integrity was ace.

It's a little more focused on the whole cast that I expected, which makes it better imo.

great show.

Oh man.

The episode with the white kid shooting up the spanish gangs was fantastic, and the crystal meth one too.

Watched 4.5 episodes yesterday.

Real good stuff.

Could it be better than Alias :o ??

Seeing that Alias fell apart some time during the third season, I'd say that's a big YES.

It is usually up really promptly.

I have never looked for it on a Wednesday morning and not been able to find it. It was not there yesterday so I concluded it had not been aired. Although TV.com has it up as having been aired and a short episode synopsis.

I shall have to have another look tonight.

A better release wont be coming by the looks of it. Seems the cappers arent putting it out anymore, or something (eztv are saying it wont be coming out, along with some other show).

Utterly fantastic episode though. I cant wait for next weeks ep now, I narrowly avoided the preview of the next ep too, I do hate that they leave that in.

Kavanaugh's mad panic at the end was brilliant, that whole childish shouting trying to stop Vic an Lem, then throwing his weight around to get people to do his bidding was just great. It's good seeing how his attempts to build up his evidence and his case keep getting undermined by the other characters either deliberately or accidentally, you really get a feeling that he's burning all his possible bridges by tring to cut off everyone in the barn from his investigation.

I was disappointed by the lack of Dutch screentime, and barely a mention of Wimms too. I hope she's back soon.

edit - as soon as I posted this a better release appeareed on the ususal place :)

Yeah I agree horribleman, the pilot was amazing then it tailed off somewhat. Stick with it though because it builds amazingly and once you know the characters it really takes off.

Well here we go. The most amazingly fierce TV show I've ever seen. Only one episode I could live without (throwaway) and possibly the best ever last episode.

The cast is absolutely phenomenal, and the production values are just out of this world.

It's not all that much better actually. Audio is an improvement, that's all.

Just watching ep now.

The MINT copy I watched was a lot better than the first one I found, both in video and audio. The video was at least as good as normal.

What an episode though. Action, drama, plot twists all over.

There was an advert for Deal or No Deal flash up in the middle of it as well. I had no idea that had gone international already.

That latest episode was a corker.

The ending was just bonkers. There's me thinking Vic and his team will be using his new found knowledge to get to Kav, but he catches them with their hands in the cookie jar. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Did I miss something, there was no mention of Claudette was there?