Curb Your Enthusiasm On More4

Amanda

I've just watched 3 episodes of this show over the past 2 days on More4 at night, and it's great. My question is, has it been filmed with a camcorder? Why is the lighting and camerawork so bad? And so low-resolution? And not in widescreen?

And the acting is appalling too - mainly Larry David.

Apart from that, it's fantastic. Some really funny situations and scenes, reminds me of Fawlty Towers a bit. The bit with David Schwimmer's dad (and the car crash) made me laugh so much.

Anyone else a fan? It's this great show...with the worst production values ever.

The other half is a fan of this. I'm not an expert, but I believe the camera work and such is meant to give the impression of a home recording - you're spying on him, to all intents and purposes. Production issues doesn't come into it - it's meant to be that way.

As for the widescreen thing - that's just the nature of American TV. Widescreen TVs haven't really kicked off majorly across the pond, and many shows are still in standard 4:3. Some programmes are in widescreen, but usually this is due to the show in question being popular overseas - i.e, widescreen for export.

I've just watched 3 episodes of this show over the past 2 days on More4 at night, and it's great. My question is, has it been filmed with a camcorder? Why is the lighting and camerawork so bad? And so low-resolution? And not in widescreen?

And the acting is appalling too - mainly Larry David.

Apart from that, it's fantastic. Some really funny situations and scenes, reminds me of Fawlty Towers a bit. The bit with David Schwimmer's dad (and the car crash) made me laugh so much.

Anyone else a fan? It's this great show...with the worst production values ever.

Jesus christ.

What's the big deal? Is she wrong?

Anyone here think it has does have high production values?

The show is great, tremendously funny (which she said herself) and has low production values.

The handheld nature of everything is due to the show just being about the life of Larry David and even though it's fictional (for the most part) it's supposed to be a fly on the wall feel hence the cheap look.

As for him being a bad actor, he's essentially playing himself Amanda, albeit a slightly exaggerated version, or let's hope so. Surely no-one can be that intolerable?

Best to forget about the look of the show and just take in the sublime comedy gold it produces.

It's supposed to be ad-libbed. The cast are given a general plot outline and told to come up with the lines themselves.

It's great, but I've finished watching the third season, with Larry starring in The Producers, and the way each episode is put together, it's becoming very transparent and predictable, and far less funny one-liners which invariably cropped up, whether intentional or not.

Still, the last episode of the season was worth its weight in gold just to see Larry start a routine when he can't remember his lines! And Jerry's reaction in the audience was priceless <_<

Come to think of it, I'm off to watch Seinfeld!

What's the big deal? Is she wrong?

Anyone here think it has does have high production values?

The show is great, tremendously funny (which she said herself) and has low production values.

The handheld nature of everything is due to the show just being about the life of Larry David and even though it's fictional (for the most part) it's supposed to be a fly on the wall feel hence the cheap look.

As for him being a bad actor, he's essentially playing himself Amanda, albeit a slightly exaggerated version, or let's hope so. Surely no-one can be that intolerable?

Best to forget about the look of the show and just take in the sublime comedy gold it produces.

I think people think she's taking the piss, like. I thought I'd be nice to 'her'.

I can't believe anyone thought for a second that Amanda actually was new to the forum.

Me neither.

Still, for what it's worth, I was serious with this thread (unlike the 'Ive been raped' thread that I was about to post on Off Topic). Curb Your Enthusiasm HAS got shit production values. But apparently that's intentional.

Anyway...Buffy, eh. Good fucking show, that.