All 360 Owners

kerraig UK

Watchdog was a shambles - we provided them with LOTS of information, along with other people and they did fuck all apart from read out a statement basically saying everything is fine and dandy.

It kind of shows up how little real companies care about Watchdog. They can put the willies up small time builders and economy package tour operators 'til the cows come home... but give them a multinational and they flake the hell out. Weak.

Watchdog can do fuck all legally - they can only highlight problems and issues.

I remember recently watching a show about a bloke who organised discos, parties and the like and in a previous show he was shown up to being a complete arse. The latest show said "He's still at it!" meaning that they did bugger all to rectify the situation.

Plus Julia Bradbury's mouth scares me.

Shame nothing came of the Watchdog show, but I still think people here can be pleased with how quickly they got the issue onto national TV - it's a start.

The gaming press are finally growing some balls on this issue, and although I thought national press might get in before them, they look like they will follow on by reporting this eventually instead.

What I am surprised about is that neither Sony or Nintendo have taken massive digs at MS over this. A few well timed comments from either of them would really raise the profile of the issue, and if MS still failed to sort it out, then they could see people switching over to their systems...it's not like these companies have never said bad things about each other in public before :)

Imagine if during an interview with Phil Harrison about sales figures he said:

"Yes we are trailing the 360 sales wise but it's not as bad as it seems. How many people who bought a 360 last month were replacing a failed machine? What with the anecdotal evidence of the manufacturing problems MS are having, I imagine you could knock around a million off their total installed user base just because of the breakdown rate. We're really not that far behind..."

Fucking World War III would kick off :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

New problem!

360 is a month old, was just playing Forza, finished a race and then I heard what I thought was a neighbour mowing the lawn... This noise became louder and louder before I realised it was my 360! It sounded like it was eating my Forza disc so I quickly opened up the disc tray and thankfully no scratches, but it won't let me close the disc tray, it just re-opens every time like something is in the way (even though it goes all the way in.)

Very strange, even when the 360 is turned off the disc tray opens.

I think mine's about to give up the ghost. It kept locking up on boot or when I first started Crackdown last night. Launch machine from Woolies.

Anyone had any luck returning a faulty launch machine to Woolworths?

And surely the consumer is protected under the Sales of Goods Act from all these failing 360s? It seems like MS are making a nice little earning out of all the repairs they're doing.

Thanks chaps, will try that. Do MS give out these fault refs easily then? I guess if it means one less 360 coming back to base, that's good for them. Then again, they miss out on the juicy repair fee!

:lol:

Well, add another one to the list :( mine has just died (3 red lights) after only 9 weeks. Have to try and take it back to game and see if i can get it replaced....

Hurts, doesn't it? :(

At least you're in warranty so shouldn't have any problems getting a new one from Game. If you ask nicely they will probably let you keep your existing Hard drive.

Well, add another one to the list :lol: mine has just died (3 red lights) after only 9 weeks. Have to try and take it back to game and see if i can get it replaced....

demand a full refund,

and then rebuy it from them, this is the only way to keep your 1 year warantee.

I have done this twice now at Game, otherwise I would be shelling out 85 quid for a repair by now.

demand a full refund,

I have done this twice now at Game, otherwise I would be shelling out 85 quid for a repair by now.

Repairs only work temporarily, Ive had mine repaired twice from GT Electronics and its now back to the 3 red lights

shoddy bit of hardware, dont know if i can be arsed with it anymore..........

I think I lobbed my box away, and don't know where my receipt is. I guess this scuppers my chance of getting anything from Woolies. How about when getting it repaired by MS?

Did you pay cash or credit card? If by Credit card and you still have the statement dunno if taking it in would be of any use.

See I'm tempted to get a 360 (particularly with some of the offers recently, but then I read threads like these....

Did you pay cash or credit card? If by Credit card and you still have the statement dunno if taking it in would be of any use.

See I'm tempted to get a 360 (particularly with some of the offers recently, but then I read threads like these....

Well i've had mine for about a year with no problems whatsoever. Even if i didn't have one and i was reading threads like this, i would still get one as the games are too good to pass up.

What I am surprised about is that neither Sony or Nintendo have taken massive digs at MS over this. A few well timed comments from either of them would really raise the profile of the issue, and if MS still failed to sort it out, then they could see people switching over to their systems...it's not like these companies have never said bad things about each other in public before

Perhaps (I'm assuming for a moment that they're sensible) they're just waiting a bit to make sure that their own consoles don't break after 6-12 months.

I spoke to Consumer Direct and got the deets on what to write to Woolies, claiming a free repair/replacement under the Sale of Goods Act (stating that a console costing £280 should reasonably be expected to last longer than 18 months). I'll post up the contents of my letter if it gets a successful result.

I'd much rather write a letter then get into altercations with lackeys down at the local Woolies, especially as they don't have a shop near me.

By the way, I phoned up MS first of all to get a fault ref no, and he said a repair would cost £88! It's going up!

demand a full refund,

PCWorld have been great in that aspect, both times they've just given me a new console with another 1 year warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft receiving 2500 consoles in the uk per day?

According to Lee Sherman (Gamertag, Toxic Daywalker), who sent us details of his horrible experience, his Xbox 360 had been sent to Prague for repair, which has extended the repair time considerably.

Lee even claims that when he asked to speak to the repair centre direct, he was told this wasn't possible because they don't have phones... However, using a directory enquiry service he was able to obtain the number for the repair centre, where he was shocked to learn that his console was actually in Prague, not Havant as Microsoft customer service reps had claimed.

Additionally, the call to the Havant repair centre revealed some other worrying stats: "A shocking statistic we found out though is that between 1,500 to 2,500 consoles get sent to Havant by three UPS lorries per day, to then be shipped to Prague for repair," Lee told us, going on to add, "[We] phoned up Nora the [customer service] supervisor again, who then admitted my console was in Prague and hadn't been looked at yet - she seemed amazed that we knew!"

Comments from users on the Xbox.com forum reveal similar woes, and some have also discovered their consoles are indeed in repair centres outside of the UK: "I just spoke to the customer support people because my 360 has been gone since the 8th of June," says forum user, LordBrown in a post dated 23rd of June. "Apparently because of the backlog in Havant they're sending 360s to repair centres outside the UK! And that because of this Microsoft are legally allowed an additional ten days to get your 360 back to you."

Mircosoft are fucking disgusting. I used to get annoyed at cliched anti-MS rants, but now I'd really like to have one, only I'm too drunk to make it witty or worthwhile, so I'll just repeat that Microsoft are cocking fuckshitters, and that they should die for making so many dogy 360s. ANOTHER one of my friend's has just failed, as if the other three weren't enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a copy of the Darkness the other day. I've been away for a week or so, and before that the 360 had only been on briefly for a quick bash of Dirt and to watch a couple of .wmvs off a usb stick.

Switched it on this evening and was greeted by a single red flashing light and an error code of E74. Same thing with or without the hard drive attached.

I figured a lot of 360s were breaking cos of the amount of time they'd been on leading to overheating and stuff, but apparently not. Mine's never been on for an extended period of time - for a good long while anyway. I only bought it last October so it's still n the 1 year warrantee which is just as well, cos as no doubt everyone else was aware, but I only just realised the extended warrantee only applies for hose with the 3 red lights.

Sucks. Still, I'll send it off, they'll repair it - it'll break again, only worse. Repeat.

The guy on the phone was very helpful, if a little slow. Still the helpful overrides that I suppose.

• 1 month later...

Raphski, if you're under 1 year shop warranty, do a quick swap with them. I'm nursing mine on day one. Got my massive oscillating fan on full whack just to see if that does it any favours.

Oh, and round of applause for Smith's 360. Good innnings, man. Good innings.

• 2 weeks later...

the following has just happened to my console:

- the DVD playback had loads of 1cmx1cm blocks appearing round it, and flickering intesnely (basiclly making it unwatchable)

- the oringal xbox games (for example, Ninja Gaiden), have strange blue blocks appearing on the ceiling and floor (still watchable but rather annoying, and kinda ruins the atmosphere a wee bit)

- the downloaded demo 360 dont seem to work, either they freeze on the main screen (or sometimes even before that) or they say the disc is dirty.

i dont actually have any 360 games imo as i am poor and needed to trade them in for Guitar Hero 2 lol. but if i was to guess id say they wouldnt work either.

also the dashboard works 100% fine

anyone have any idea what is wrong with it? and is there anything i can do about it? would mircosoft fix this kind of thing? or is it just fucked? also if it is fucked, what part of it would be fucked? cause if its just the core console im thinking just buy a new core console