rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

All 360 Owners

For all those people having no problems at all, have you got PGR3?

I put the PGR crashing down to software, but if there are people for whom its not happening at all it makes me think it may well be a hardware problem after all.

Maybe someone with the power could set up a Sticky Poll topic.

That would give a much better indication of the problem.

Something like:

• Have you had problems with your 360?
    Don't own one
    Yes, had to send it back
    Intermittent hardware issues
    Intermittent software issues
    No problems at all

Then we'd get percentages.

Just a thought.

Someone make it happen.

I forgot to add earlier that a mates 360's power button on the front is 'stuck'. Not that anybody probably uses that button but it doesn't work nonetheless.

Maybe someone with the power could set up a Sticky Poll topic.

That would give a much better indication of the problem.

Something like:

Don't own one
    Yes, had to send it back
    No problems at all

Just a thought.

Someone make it happen.

narrow it down to fine/noisy/borked, surely?

Mine crashes on PGR when using the guide all too often when playing on Live or offline. It has done it a couple of times in PD0 too but only in offline. It's not especially loud, is on it's side and has been left on for over 24 hours with no overheating issues. Oh, I lost 5 hours play in Kameo although that was down to the software I guess and not a console problem.

Something like:
    Don't own one
    Yes, had to send it back
    No problems at all

You could probably get rid of the "don't own one" category, given that non-360 owners are unlikely to experience problems with a non-existent console crashing.

And while I'm sticking my beak in, I'm amazed people with crash-less 360s are describing themselves as lucky. You've forked out the best part of a monkey on a console, you shouldn't be acting all relieved that the slag actually works.

Hasnt crashed once but my machine is loud.Although I dont know if this is normal 'loud' or excessively 'loud'

On the subject of loudness, with this owner as an exception. Have the crashing consoles only been loud ones?

Loud could mean two things:

1) Knackered fan, improper cooling, crashing.

2) Nature of the beast, great cooling, no crashing.

Mine was loud because of the dvd drive. I put it horizontal and it got quieter... but not by much, mind.

had mine about a week now and these are the problems:

Had a couple of crashes in PGR3 while accessing the guide and gotham tv but nothing apart from those 2.

DVD playback via component is useless. Light lines and patches all over the place.

I've noticed the transparent objects glitch but I'm not bothered about that.

It doesn't always sign me in to Live! if I boot direct to Halo 2. I have to go to the guide, sign in and then come back.

I've had mine 8 days.

1 time: Dashboard hung when streaming MP3's from my PC. Reboot fixed

1 time: PGR3 crashed when going from the garage to the arcade game loading

Regular crash: Buckshot Billiards hangs when joing games. (Know software error)

If I continue to get random hang situations I will contact MS support.

Currently I think it is purely software related on my machine.

The Fans & DVD drive are very loud, but I suspect no different from other 360 consoles. They are about 2 times the volume of my PC: (xfx 7800GT and P4 3Ghz)

Matt

Never had a single crash. Though I am fairly careful in PGR3 not to overdo it on looking at gamercards and things. So not a single artefact, red light, crash or anything else has gone wrong.

And I've dropped it off my desk. Twice.

I'm now going as wireless as possible.

I have been playing PD0, PGR3 and Half-Life 2 (Xbox) on my 360.

It's been fine for the most part. I've had literally one crash (in PGR3) where the screen went an odd colour and looked a bit like a C64 loading screen. I turned it off and it was fine.

I have had some problems with Half-Life 2 - the physics went wrong at two separate points in the game (some sort of software bug, I think: every movable object in the game lost its 'weight' and wouldn't fall to the ground when picked up). But I just went back a few saves and started again and it was okay.

PD0 has been fine, but I've not put much time into it really.

It is quite noisy, but not unusually so. It's only really loud when playing PD0 and PGR3. Then the disk drive (I think) really kicks in and makes a bit of a racket, but nothing massive.

Other than that, it's been fine.

I had one Xbox guide crash in PGR3, I think that one is well documented as a software issue. Then on Boxing Day it went into total screen freeze for the first time and does it fairly consistently since then. Mine is being collected by MS and a new one is being delivered, I say is but it's not happened yet as I'm waiting to hear from their courier.

Mines been ok. Not crashes but the DVD playback is shit. The picture jumps about every 2 - 3 seconds. The sound is fine no jumps. Just the picture. I thought it was because it was a Dual Disc at first. But since then have tried others and they have done the same thing. During in game movies it's fine though.

Also the dashboard is now in black and white. Everything else is in colour, games DVD's. Not sure what's up with that.

personally i think there would be a lot more returns on here for the 'issues' mentioned (instead of people working around the problems), if stock of the 360 was plentiful. Unless your 360 has totally packed in, and is thus unplayable anyway, then no one seems to want to return them as they know they wont have one to play, in whatever state, over the xmas period. If i was most of you, i'd wait until 360's are mostly back in stock around the country (that must be in a month or so right?) and then get them replaced.

I'm not saying all 360's are a shoddy mess, but it's clear that the manufacturing process is leaving a little to be desired...

since Xmas day had 4 crashes in PGR3, 2 when accessing the guide and the others the game just hangs. It also put a huge circular scratch on the PGR3 disc. No other games have been scratched though.

Sometimes hangs when just in the dashboard.

Screen froze on Most wanted this morning as well. Give it another week of rthis and MS can replace it and the scratched PGR3 disc.

It has been caned since xmas though and these faults are really sporadic?

since Xmas day had 4 crashes in PGR3, 2 when accessing the guide and the others the game just hangs. It also put a huge circular scratch on the PGR3 disc. No other games have been scratched though.

Sometimes hangs when just in the dashboard.

Screen froze on Most wanted this morning as well. Give it another week of rthis and MS can replace it and the scratched PGR3 disc.

It has been caned since xmas though and these faults are really sporadic?

On my hangs,

Just had a chat with MS support. They advised that it is important the the date & time are set correctly in the dashboard.

Also advised that know bugs that are being worked on are:

PGR3, Various issues, the games lobby being mentioned.

Dashboard hanging when using media player over media connect

Also that they will cover all machine repairs for a period of 1 year in UK, and 2 years in Norway.

He reckons most issues are software related, so I will sit tight (As the issues only happen now and then)

If they haven't fixed it by February, then I'll have to see what options I have.

It's funny, the last time I had a "Bug" was a boot error on MSR for dreamcast. Anyone else remember that one?

Coincidience?

Matt

You could probably get rid of the "don't own one" category, given that non-360 owners are unlikely to experience problems with a non-existent console crashing.

I'm fairly certain that you can only view the current poll standings in a thread if you have voted yourself.

That's why I included the "Don't own one" category.

No takers on my poll idea then?

:D

Had one crash while looking for online games in PDZ and some bizarre slowdown in Smash TV the other day but apart from that its been fine. Its not really that noisy but the console and the power supply does get fairly hot after extended play. Unsurprisingly.