IGNORED

Christmas 2005 Tv

Preacher

I agree, a poor Christmas TV line up- and strangely it didn't feel like Christmas because of it.

Too true.

It's odd, but I like to know that the effort's been made and even if I've not watched any of the Christmas TV, families up and down the country have sat down together and watched something.

They didn't even show A Muppets Christmas Carol!!! ;)

Gremlins wasn't on either, was it? Or Die Hard? Although, both aren't neccesarily Chrisstmas movies, they're both set during the holiday season, so they count. :unsure:

Die Hard was, but on ITV2!

I agree, it's been the worst TV year for ages. I remember last year, for the whole week, I could pretty much turn the telly on at any time and find a decent movie being shown, it's like a barren wasteland now.

Looking through the remainder of my Radio Times it's only downhill from here. It's been like this for three or four years, though. Christmas TV has deteriorated because of declining ratings, not vice versa, and the top show this year, Eastenders, only got something like 10 million viewers. People have better things to do now, either in front of their TVs or away from them, and the schedulers have accepted this. The big Christmas movie used to be at the centre of Christmas Day TV, but now everyone has already seen whatever BBC and ITV have to offer as many times as they have any desire to.

Anyway, despite 10 million viewers being nothing special, it's quite a turnaround for Eastenders after it's annus horriblius.

I've enjoyed listening to the radio this Christmas.

It already didnt feel like Christmas with it being at the weekend, felt like just another..well, weekend.

I agree, the Tv has been shocking this year, probably because they are spreading their programming out over all the freeview channels like never before.

Christmas shouldnt be allowed to fall on the weekend.

Jerry Maguire was on Christmas Day so we all watched that. It's one of my favourite films so no complaints here. And Chicago is coming on New Years Day I think, so that'll be good (if you like that sort of thing...and I'm guessing there's a good chance that you don't). :P

Die Hard was, but on ITV2!

I agree, it's been the worst TV year for ages.  I remember last year, for the whole week, I could pretty much turn the telly on at any time and find a decent movie being shown, it's like a barren wasteland now.

Man, that SO makes me want to go get a freeview box... :)

See I think Channel 4 on the 5th of Jan is showing a programme about Gervais meeting Larry David. Could be best thing ever or a mutual masturbation session I guess.