IGNORED

Richard Ashcroft

villenium

I've got to admit that I really liked The Verve, even though a lot of their early fans will tell me they went a bit crap.

Anyway Ashcroft has a new LP out in the New Year, the first single (out Jan 9th) he did on Jonathan Ross tonight and the video was previewed on Channel 4 a few weeks ago.

I've listened to his last album, Human Conditions, on and off since release and can't wait for the new one...the fella just does something with his music that really gets to me and his lyrics are effortless.

If anyone is interested, there is a stream of the new single on his website. It bodes well for the new record, I think.

I've done a Scrooge today and entered into the Christmas spirit. Goodwill to all men and all that, for one day at least.

Anyway, back to the song in question. I still think it's outdated shit. Happy holidays :D

So you throw away all your old CDs, etc after a few months? After all, they'll all be outdated by then! -_- Jesus! Lighten up!

So you throw away all your old CDs, etc after a few months? After all, they'll all be outdated by then!  :D Jesus! Lighten up!

No, I just don't listen often to the latest Oasis album because it's a pale imitation of their former glories. And the same can be said of the new Richard Ashcroft single. It's songwriting at its most pathetic and as cynical as anything Simon Cowel will put out in 2006.