IGNORED

Ngc *115

eves pudding

Buying this a lot now - it has done what I suspected it would and bought the GBA and DS games into the main review section

The only independent Nintendo magazine now

Free Mariokart DS track guide

Zelda: TTP on the cover and a good feature it basically seems that Zelda is being delayed as much to add features so it is a Revolution title as well as a cube one

'Exclusively' reckons Revolution will be released November in the UK

DS

Animal Crossing: Wild World 92%

Nintendo Touch Golf 90%

Harry Potter Goblet of Fire 35%

Lunar Genesis 59%

King Kong 73%

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble 81%

Need for Speed Most Wanted 17%

Electroplankton 81%

The Incredibles Rise of the Underminer 40%

Spongebob Squarepants the Yellow Avenger 28%

Toney Hawkes AMerican Sk8land 90%

The Sims 2 67%

Gamecube

Mario Party 7 55%

Fifa '06 75%

The Incredibles 60%

True Crime New York City 70%

Shrek: Superslam 65%

Spongebob Squarepants Lights, Camera, Action 54%

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones 74%

Harry Potter Goblet of Fire 65%

Shrek: Superslam 65%

GBA

Alien Hominid 79%

Driver 3 42%

V Rally & Stuntman 68%

Juka and the Monophonic Menace 55%

What worried me was this comment

"NGC can exclusively reveal that Twilight Princess will be playable on ... Revolution using the console's unique controller. Zelda will actualy 'bring in' the Revolution by launching fairly close to the new system, which is set to be released around November of next year, according to our sources"

I thought that Zelda would get a cube release this Spring?

If it's not till next autumn that means it's a taster game on the cube and a killer app for the Revolution

The Gamecube is just completely dead at the moment, isn't it? One game coming up (in 4 months time, right?) and that's it.

Not entirely true, there are several other games, the most promising being Chibi-Robo, not sure if itll actually get a release over here, but its due in the US in February, then theres Odama...after that its a little thin on the ground, VJ:RHR and Sonic Riders being the only perhaps worthy titles I could see (other than that other game of course).

Anyway its been an ok year release wise for my Gamecube, one of the best games of the generation and 5/6 other quality titles. Next year is firmly in the hands of Nintendo's next machine and the DS as far as I can see (Nintendo wise that is).

Ouch, that's harsh. I know NGC have never been the biggest fans of the series, but surely Nintendo can't have screwed it up that bad in this year's version?

The game itself may be fun, but common, its Mario Party SEVEN, its getting old, its not even like its doing new things every year, its the same boardgame over and over and over again.

If it's not till next autumn that means it's a taster game on the cube and a killer app for the Revolution

Actually what we know for sure is that it definately will not be getting a release in spring May or later.

Not entirely true, there are several other games, the most promising being Chibi-Robo, not sure if itll actually get a release over here, but its due in the US in February, then theres Odama...after that its a little thin on the ground, VJ:RHR and Sonic Riders being the only perhaps worthy titles I could see (other than that other game of course).

Fair enough. None of them interest me, though, so it's completely dead as far as I'm concerned.

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd have unplugged the GC months ago. :o

I'm quite enjoying the glut of second-hand GC titles at the moment. Gamestation still have a GC section in Bristol, and it's chock full of cool stuff - I got Viewtiful Joe and Timesplitters 2 for £20, which rocks as I've never played them.

I'd be going crazy with old PS2 games as well, if the PS2 itself wasn't still so vastly overpriced.

.::: Let's randomly ban people who havn't played it yet. Including those unable to.

Admittedly I didn't make it to the second disc, but I found it illogical and repetitive. Not my cup of tea at all.

Interesting ideas in places, but it seemed to me it was being kooky for the sake of being kooky. And 'You're fucked' every time you shoot one of the thingies is possibly the most irritating soundbite in any game I've ever played.

(Not really game related: It reminded me of that Simpsons episode where Chief Wiggum is having a dream and Lisa keeps on saying 'Chief Wiggum don't eat the clues' in a distorted voice.)

Well I'm certainly not going to play it through on the Cube and then re-buy it to play through on the Revolution. It'll be one or the other, and I'll wait for the Revolution if it's a dual platform release.

I love their strict scores. It's as if they've got nothing to lose, so they just say what they really think, and happily dish out some really low scores.

I like the magazine, it's always a very good read, and it still does remind me of the old N64 Mag, and Super Play before that. There seems to be a passion and honesty there that you rarely find in magazines these days.

Well the Rev plays GC stuff so surely itl be on the cube. Theyv as good as finished it and theyre probably tweaking when you get the boomerang, and the hookshot, and the fishing minigame, and the spider quest. . . .

etcetera

and have every chest opened feel like you'v beaten the game. da da da da da da! you have found TEN RUPEES!!

Ah, gaming satire on the internet.

It's tough for nintendo.

On the one hand they have the foundations of one of the greatest ever launch games. A wonderful IP offering gentle episodes of wand play within a friendly and comfortably traditional template.

On the other, if it is a dual release, it sends out totally the wrong signal -here's a past-it, traditional console worth £50 playing the best game minus frills available on a much pricer and supposedly revolutionary console.

You're either paying for a game you can't access in its entirety or a tarted-up last-gen effort.

I suspect, in the end, a Dinsoaur Planet situation. The Spring release will be missed, it'll be too close to rev launch, what were mini-games become rev specific dungeons, and the whole thing is tarted up for launch.