IGNORED

Spong Reporting 360 Mod Chip "within Weeks"

mr_rmg

:)  :(  :rolleyes:

?

Gamecube's been cracked, 360 hasn't. So the quote is true.

And I don't believe there is going to be a 360 modchip in the next 30 days or whatever. It sometimes takes them longer than this just to adapt the modchips to each new version of Xbox, let alone a whole new system.

Exactly.

The lack of cheap wifi and a decent media player make the Xbox 360 a massive step back from a modded Xbox.

Why, exactly, do I want to pay £280 for something which can't play my music or video?

That's without even mentioning emulation.

BUY A FUCKING COMPUTER

Jesus McChrist. Microsoft would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER make a £280 open platform.

This is complete rubbish. They could, and should have made every format playable. People won't spend £280 on a machine just to play their Xvids, but they're quite likely to not spend £280 on a machine that won't.

It's a games machine. Aren't the media features just a bonus? It still pisses over everything else on the market.

Until it gets properly cracked, I don't think MS have done *too* bad a job i'm an idiot. At least it showed they learned a thing or two from Xbox modding, rather than just sweeping it under the carpet.

Did someone else type into your post when you weren't looking?

BUY A FUCKING COMPUTER

Jesus McChrist. Microsoft would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER make a £280 open platform.

It's a games machine. Aren't the media features just a bonus? It still pisses over everything else on the market.

Except a hacked Xbox 1. JEEESUS we could be here all day.

I'm just saying that they're giving with one hand while taking away with the other. We have an extraordinarily capable little machine, crippled by a vague DRM excuse and a poor marketing ploy.

I just liked the idea of using the 360 for EVERYTHING. They've gone and pissed that 'hub' idea right into my eyes and it burns like crazy. Their hub isn't worth shit, and there's no hope of Sony's being any better.

It is, like you say, a cracking gaming platform. It's just a shame that MS chickened out on everything else they promised due to some abstract whim.

Okay, so the 360 as it stands is a missed opportunity, as far as MS' hopes for a multi-function console are concerned, mainly thanks to MS having to compromise to keep big music/movies happy, sod the consumer etc. Obviously when developers actually start creating games that are genuinely 'next gen' then this might not matter as much. I'm certainly not writing off the 360 (I've not had a proper go on one yet), but I'm positive once it gets chipped things will get seriously interesting.

As for "GET A PC!", the magic of a modded Xbox was it was on the big telly in the living room, no need for fancy networking, you had the emulators, the media player and the games, no hassle, no DRM.

Can't believe I'm having to justify it. Right now one machine has been cracked, the other hasn't. Which would you say is more secure?

Let me put it another way - even now some Saturn cdrom drives are resistant to Saturn modchips. By your logic, that would make the Saturn more secure than a Gamecube? I disagree.

Can't believe I'm having to justify it. Right now one machine has been cracked, the other hasn't. Which would you say is more secure?

If I lock the front door of my house and leave it for a year, and when I come back it's been burgled, but my friend leaves his door wide open for two minutes, and it doesn't get burgled, whose house is more secure?

If I lock the front door of my house and leave it for a year, and when I come back it's been burgled, but my friend leaves his door wide open for two minutes, and it doesn't get burgled, whose house is more secure?

Sorry, I missed the part where the 360 was actually cracked now.

Im with Linkster, took them year/s to crack the cube. Yeah its not secure now but it was. 

Same for the 360.. its secure until cracked which will be a lot sooner than the cube was.

Japanese gamers were already using the PSO exploit in May of 2002, it didn't take years, hell it didn't even take one year.

Im with Linkster, took them year/s to crack the cube. Yeah its not secure now but it was. 

Same for the 360.. its secure until cracked which will be a lot sooner than the cube was.

I agree with both those statements. How? Because hackers have a lot more resources now than they did before. So there's nothing conflicting there. The Xbox can still be cracked in a shorter time but have had better security, if you see what I mean.

If you read up on GC and 360 security, I don't think anybody will claim that the 360's security features are inferior.

No it's not, unless you'd care to explain why.

You leave your house locked for a year, a burglar is going to know you aren't home and know they can rob you and take their time doing it because no one is going to be coming home in the middle of it.

The other bloke leaves the door unlocked for a few minutes, the only person that is going to rob him is someone who is an opportunistic thief who would figure there is too much risk for a snatch and grab.

It has fuckall to do with who is more secure.

You leave your house locked for a year, a burglar is going to know you aren't home and know they can rob you and take their time doing it because no one is going to be coming home in the middle of it.

The other bloke leaves the door unlocked for a few minutes, the only person that is going to rob him is someone who is an opportunistic thief who would figure there is too much risk for a snatch and grab.

It has fuckall to do with who is more secure.

You could replace "lock" with "burglar alarm" if you want.

If I alarm my house and leave it for a year, and when I come back it's been burgled, but my friend doesn't alarm his house and leaves it for two minutes, and it doesn't get burgled, whose house is more secure?

If I alarm my house and leave it for a year, and when I come back it's been burgled, but my friend doesn't alarm his house and leaves it for two minutes, and it doesn't get burgled, whose house is more secure?

I give up, what's the answer?

It still has nowt to do with whose house is more secure.

You and your mate both leave your houses for a week starting on a Saturday, you rely on a Yale lock, your mate has a mortice lock.

Two teams of burglars get started on both houses. Your house gets burgled on Sunday Night, your mates house gets burgled on Wednesday night.

Whose house is more secure?