rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Xbox Live Arcade

I went back to Crimson Alliance. I was still struggling hugely with the difficultly level, and only 4 or so levels in.

About to give up when I discovered I somehow switched the difficulty to Hard! :lol:

Switched back to Normal, and it's fun again :)

Just spent nearly an hour on the WARP demo and it only felt like 20 minutes. I enjoyed it a lot, until I came up against what seemed like the start of a boss battle (which I couldn't really be chewed with this late on tonight, so I left it there). Dunno much about the full game, so I might try and find a review or two before I commit myself to the full version.

Definetly interested though.

• Upvote 1

Started playing Crimson Alliance last night co-op, it's really fun, sure its not deep or complex but it hit the spot perfectly.

Yes, it's brilliant. I played it to death on release, always playing co-op with a couple of mates, always on the higher diffculty settings.

I've only tried the demo and aside from some tearing, Warp actually seems pretty good. I could imagine the teleport mechanic could become frustrating later on if the difficulty increases, but it works very well in the demo. Kinda strange that a title that's part of Microsofts house party promo and seems decent, gets almost no attention. I get the feeling that XBLA will have to evolve quite a bit to keep up next gen..

Anyways, I'm gonna take the plunge on Warp. Can't recommend the full game yet, but I would advise people to try the demo.

Yes, it's brilliant. I played it to death on release, always playing co-op with a couple of mates, always on the higher diffculty settings.

Thats what we've been doing, its been so much fun, it's more like an arcade game than rpg. Really glad I bought this.

A few random bits of Fable III content is this weeks Deal of the W

EDIT: Sorry, I seem to have fallen asleep half way through typing that.

EDIT2: And next weeks Deal of the Week is a bunch of Gears of War 3 contenzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Upvote 8

If you've got Toy Soldiers Cold War, Happy Action Theatre, or Joe Danger, you can win three free XBLA games this weekend.

http://playxbla.com/weekend-cheev-challenge/

All you have to do is earn four (out of the 12 specified) achievements in one of or across all three of those games, email them your GT, and you win three XBLA games.

Achievements you've already earned count and so I imagine a lot of people here have already met the criteria for winning, so you may as well send the email. Apparently everyone that earns the four achievements gets the prize.

• Upvote 1

EDIT2: And next weeks Deal of the Week is a bunch of Gears of War 3 contenzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Where do you get your info? I missed the Season Pass discount last time and would go for it if it's reduced again.

Is it any three XBLA games or of their choosing?

It'll be whatever three they give you. I'd expect probably a Keflings game, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, and something else, but it really could be anything. They'll likely be Microsoft published titles though.

Where do you get your info? I missed the Season Pass discount last time and would go for it if it's reduced again.

MajorNelson, or xbldb.com, or xbox.com - various places!

• Upvote 2

Nexuiz - 800 MS Points - 29th Feb

I was browsing one of my regular gaming bookmarks when I spotted a news piece about this - it's an arena shooter with some nice UT vibes and CryEngine 3 gorgeousness. A trailer popped up on Machinima yesterday...

If you've got Toy Soldiers Cold War, Happy Action Theatre, or Joe Danger, you can win three free XBLA games this weekend.

http://playxbla.com/...heev-challenge/

All you have to do is earn four (out of the 12 specified) achievements in one of or across all three of those games, email them your GT, and you win three XBLA games.

Achievements you've already earned count and so I imagine a lot of people here have already met the criteria for winning, so you may as well send the email. Apparently everyone that earns the four achievements gets the prize.

Just a reminder if anyone's not done this yet. You've got until about 5pm I think. Just earn four achievements and you get three free XBLA games!

I've got the Toy Soldiers ones, which will take no time at all if you've already beaten the campaign, and not too much time if you haven't.

If everyone wins the same codes, I'll give mine away if it's stuff I've got. Or if we win different codes, will trade for owt I haven't got yet! Aqua and Lode Runner are some other games I've seen Microsoft give away a fair bit, so between them, Keflings or ITSP I'd expect them as prizes. Could be aaanything.

• Upvote 1