Xbox Live Arcade

Doot-da-doo-da-doo-da-doo-da-dooodoooooooooooh

According to a recent Australian Classification Database rating, Daytona USA may be making its way to multiple platforms in the near future. Its listing mentions merely that it’s multi-platform, but given Sega’s recent push to re-release Sega Dreamcast, Genesis, Sega CD and Saturn classics to Xbox Live Arcade we’re putting our money on an XBLA release. Ratings usually mean a game is fairly far along, so we should be hearing something in the near future. Thanks to @lifelower for the tip.

This thread needs more Renegade Ops love. Seriously, download the trial (which is put together very well I might add as once it's done you'll have no choice but to get the full game :D) and see for yourself how much of it is a balls-to-the-walls-ass-kicking-action fest.

Daytonaaaaaaa...

Interesting if true.. Would be lovely to get a REALLY good conversion, have to wonder which 'version' we'd get a port of though..

The arcade one was recently re-released (Sega Classic Racing?) though running under emulation on what's essentially a PC IIRC and is essentially identical to the original..

Model 2 emulation is in a decent state now..

Though there is the original PC port...

And PC Daytona Deluxe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqMUWXPVjQU

And of course 2001 on the DC

So god knows what we'll get...

I wouldn't make my mind up purely based on the trial. It isn't particularly indicative of the whole game. In fact, as a demonstration of the game proper, it's actually quite misjudged (much like the Bangai-O trial).

Well i mean it starts off pretty hard anyway.

Its very much a positional schmup rather then one you can freely move around in. That and the weapon/puzzle elements, IMO, make it a very niche shmup.

*edit*

ooh. Whats that Daytona news? I can't see the whole post here.

Is that Sumo working their magic again?

Ok, think about this: Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure. Sega WILL fuck this up, so stop getting your hopes up. If by some utter miracle against all probability they don't manage to make a complete pig's ear of it then we're all good, but the possibility of that happening is the square root of fuck all.

Ok, think about this: Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure. Sega WILL fuck this up, so stop getting your hopes up. If by some utter miracle against all probability they don't manage to make a complete pig's ear of it then we're all good, but the possibility of that happening is the square root of fuck all.

hammernail.jpg

They got Outrun and Sega Rally Online Arcade right though. So there is always hope.

That's because Sega didn't do EITHER of those, man. Those lovely Sheffielders Sumo did both of them. If someone told me tomorrow that Sumo were remaking Daytona I'd deck myself out in blue and white, dye my hair into a massive blue spike and run around in red shoes while wanking myself into a frenzy because it would, literally, be the best thing ever. Or at least the best thing this week.

So, if you know summat we don't spill it now, because I'd need to edit this post before tomorrow if it turns out to be true.

Daytonaaaaaaa...

Interesting if true.. Would be lovely to get a REALLY good conversion, have to wonder which 'version' we'd get a port of though..

The arcade one was recently re-released (Sega Classic Racing?) though running under emulation on what's essentially a PC IIRC and is essentially identical to the original..

Model 2 emulation is in a decent state now..

Though there is the original PC port...

And PC Daytona Deluxe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqMUWXPVjQU

And of course 2001 on the DC

So god knows what we'll get...

Hopefully Sega Racing Classic. ;-)

That's because Sega didn't do EITHER of those, man. Those lovely Sheffielders Sumo did both of them. If someone told me tomorrow that Sumo were remaking Daytona I'd deck myself out in blue and white, dye my hair into a massive blue spike and run around in red shoes while wanking myself into a frenzy because it would, literally, be the best thing ever. Or at least the best thing this week.

So, if you know summat we don't spill it now, because I'd need to edit this post before tomorrow if it turns out to be true.

I know nothing...Just keeping the hope alive.

Yeah, let's just hope someone doesn't quote it..

Sumo would be the obvious choice... which means it almost certainly won't be them.. :(

Is there a reason why Rare haven't spruced up the old Killer Instinct games and shoved them on Live Arcade? Or Blast Corps? I want those.

Rare ~should~ be in the same boat with those as they were with Banjo, Conker and Perfect Dark... the IP is theirs, not Nintendo's

Unless they've been toying with full sequels instead..?

Is there a reason why Rare haven't spruced up the old Killer Instinct games and shoved them on Live Arcade? Or Blast Corps? I want those.

Because Rare's old IPs are basically dead now. As for as Microsoft are concerned, Rare are now an Avatar and Kinect factory. From what I've heard an XBLA version of Jet Force Gemini was canned, along with sequels for Perfect Dark, Kameo and Conker. Most of the talent has left Rare now, including their old composers, who publicly stated they left because they weren't getting the chance to make the soundtracks they liked with Rare's new focus. RIP.

Either they've only just got around to doing it or I just haven't visited that often, but it seems like our Gamestation store (Cheltenham) is selling prepaid cards for individual XBLA games. Looking around I saw cards for Perfect Dark, Portal, Limbo, Trials HD, Worms, Worms 2: Armageddon, Super Meat Boy and Castle Crashers. Whilst I have my own ideas about which games they should be promoting, at least it helps give XBLA a bit more exposure, and I'm sure they'd make nice gifts. :)