Zero

Xbox Live Arcade

.::: Completed...

Gauntlet...

100%...

CO-OP...

Reaching level 20...

Worse than HELL...

NEVER EVER WANT TO SEE WIZARDS WHO CANNOT TELL DEATHS FROM CLUBBERS AGAIN!

GAAAAAAHHH!!!!

If they ever wipe Achievements, THERE WILL JUDGEMENT AND BLOODY DEATH!

You do realise that if you're playing online you can simple wait for about 3 minutes and all the walls turn to exits? When you start the next stage you're immediately back at 700 health so you can basically complete the entire game in one (very tediously long) sitting.

You do realise that if you're playing online you can simple wait for about 3 minutes and all the walls turn to exits? When you start the next stage you're immediately back at 700 health so you can basically complete the entire game in one (very tediously long) sitting.

.::: You can also watch paint dry.

I wouldn't get too enthusiastic. Gauntlet etc. are fucking ridiculous for lag.

Smash TV isn't but yes Gauntlet does have rather odd problems. Not lag but big pauses. Odd netcode that one. If you're getting lag then check you're connection. You were the only one with lag in Quake 4 as well so either we're all lucky or you blink too much.

Screw releasing Street Fighter 2 as a live arcade game.

Microsoft should get off their arses and make Street Fighter AC backwards compatatible (and CvS2 and GGX2 while I'm at it), seeing as it can be picked up for the price of a live arcade game now and comes with 3S on top of SS2.

Smash TV isn't but yes Gauntlet does have rather odd problems. Not lag but big pauses. Odd netcode that one. If you're getting lag then check you're connection. You were the only one with lag in Quake 4 as well so either we're all lucky or you blink too much.

.::: Only experienced some Gauntlet-lag with foreigners... Usually I play with Dutch only. Although we could put this to the test of course.

Nice to see that Xbox Live Arcade is being treated to a bit of a love-in here.

It may sound mad, but Live Arcade is the only reason I've bought my Xbox. Geometry Wars 2 and the other Live Arcade games have done far more to persuade me to get a 360 than the sorry full-price line-up.

It may sound mad, but Live Arcade is the only reason I've bought my Xbox. Geometry Wars 2 and the other Live Arcade games have done far more to persuade me to get a 360 than the sorry full-price line-up.

It's certainly a big reason for me returning (as well as DVD playback, full-size games, downloadable content, demos etc).

But I really don't agree with "sorry full-price line-up". Some wonderful games in there.

It's certainly a big reason for me returning (as well as DVD playback, full-size games, downloadable content, demos etc).

But I really don't agree with "sorry full-price line-up".  Some wonderful games in there.

Yeah like Perfect Dark Zero............

but you're right, some tasty treats tucked away. How can anyone still be calling it a sorry line up having played PGR3, CoD2, Condemned and some other stuff that is no oubt gold.

Yeah like Perfect Dark Zero............

but you're right, some tasty treats tucked away. How can anyone still be calling it a sorry line up having played PGR3, CoD2, Condemned and some other stuff that is no oubt gold.

I said some wonderful ones in there, Perfect Dark is awful.

PGR3 and CoD2 I haven't touched in around a week (for any amount of time), Condemned and King Kong I've just plouged through, when I'm past the end of Condemned it's Kameo next. Weird, as I'd never play these games without Live and Gamerscore intergration. Lovely!

.::: It's far from mad. It simply IS a big reason to buy a 360. The service has the potential to 'revolutionise' game-buying habits (and is already doing so). I find myself scrolling through Marketplace every day in the hope something new pops up.

Which is its weakness, if Microsoft push this as hard as downloadable content during the Xbox era, it's going to fail. They can seriously gain some ground here on even Nintendo and their Virtual Console downloads.

Just Street Fighter II won't do, bring in ALL the Pop-Cap games, get a port of Weird Worlds in, make Darwinia available, anything, just keep the thing filled to the brim so you never get bored.

I'm somewhat afraid Microsoft is not realising themselves what Arcade could signify. It's more than just a place to catch some casuals with.

Darwinia - awesome idea. I'm guessing they've already had that idea, well, they better have done.

What other Pop-Cap games are there?

I really hope they can do something about Return Fire, somehow.

.::: It's far from mad. It simply IS a big reason to buy a 360. The service has the potential to 'revolutionise' game-buying habits (and is already doing so). I find myself scrolling through Marketplace every day in the hope something new pops up.

Which is its weakness, if Microsoft push this as hard as downloadable content during the Xbox era, it's going to fail. They can seriously gain some ground here on even Nintendo and their Virtual Console downloads.

Just Street Fighter II won't do, bring in ALL the Pop-Cap games, get a port of Weird Worlds in, make Darwinia available, anything, just keep the thing filled to the brim so you never get bored.

I'm somewhat afraid Microsoft is not realising themselves what Arcade could signify. It's more than just a place to catch some casuals with.

See, I'd agree completely. It's just MS don't seem like they're big-time caring about HDD owners. They'll trickle things through to us... and that's it. That's my guess, anyway.

The whole "optional" hard drive thing stinks. If it was cheaper, it'd be a good thing. It's simply too expensive.

Cores should never, ever have existed.

Premiums should have outnumbered Cores from the off by a lot if they were to exist at all.

Got your words mixed up there Meh?  Non-HDD right?

We'll see... we'll seeee...

But I really don't agree with "sorry full-price line-up".  Some wonderful games in there.

Each to their own I suppose.

I've only played a few games:

Perfect Dark - Seems like it could be good. Will probably get this for the online multiplayer.

Project Gotham 3 - Looks amazing, but I'm more of an arcade racer fan (OutRun 2). Nothing wrong with this if you like this sort of thing, just not my bag.

King Kong - Terrible. It looks almost like a PS2 game. Awful, awful, awful!

I'm just hoping more games continue to be available via the Marketplace over the next few months.

I'm guessing they don't want to bombard Live Arcade with too many games because...

1. People would sit at home playing them all day and not go out to buy 'proper' games

2. Having too many games available would put some people off bothering to find out which they like and want to buy, I know it would me. I'd end up only buying ports of retro games, which would be a shame.

It certainly is dangerous though, I've just realised I have no idea how much I've actually spent on there so far. A quick check of my e-mails reveals I've bought 2000 points, which is about £17 if I'm not mistaken. Not too bad I guess, but if my car insurance wasn't up next month I'd have spent a lot more.

A quick note on Outpost Kaloki X - I downloaded the demo pretty much entirely because it has a stupid name, and I wondered what it was. I bought the full game straight after finishing the demo and I've not regretted it one bit. It can feel a bit linear, but I look at it like more of a puzzle game, some of the later levels get very big and fairly complex, and you need to manage your resources pretty well to get a decent time. Aside from that, the music and art style are great, it's a very charming little game. Exactly what I want from a Live Arcade download.

There was a time when Geometry Wars was getting far more play than any of my other games.

Frankly I have very little time for gaming and all I play is PDZ - online or Arcade Games. Perfect for me. Would love to rack up some time on some other games but difficult with busy schedule.

Also Mrs Sardan likes Hexic and I suspect a few of the other games will really appeal to her too.