Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

do we know what underwhelming delights await us tomorrow? i'd love it to be worms, but realistically it'll be some shitty picture pack, or a conversion of 2600 ET.

is there any news on the arrival of worms and SWOS?

Was just going to ask the same thing. XBLA has been shit for too long now, we need one of the big hitters to arrive!!! (Castlevania/Worms/Sensi/Settlers).

It's well worth a punt, lacks the charm and mini-games of the Monkey Ball series but the level design is right up there.

I do wish Microsoft would knock up a release schedule for the Arcade, the potential of the system is miles ahead of the Virtual Console yet a year on, it hasn't progressed at all. You rarely know what's coming from week to week and the games themselves get very little promotion. Using the Marketplace to upload some video footage of stuff in development would be a start.

10 New live games announced!

Microsoft just announced the list for the next ten games set to hit the Xbox 360 Live Arcade starting next month.

Here's the full list in non-chronological order:

· "3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures," from developer Wanako Games and publisher Sierra Online, allows gamers to putt their way through 36 fun-filled holes of manic minigolf action on wild courses that range from the Old West to outer space and feature a bevy of crazy hazards and obstacles.

· "Alien Hominid HD" from The Behemoth features side-scrolling, hysterical cartoon action with a quirky twist and exclusive Xbox Live Arcade features.

· "Band of Bugs" from NinjaBee is a fast-paced tactical strategy game that offers gameplay deep enough to satisfy tactical genre fans and friendly enough to appeal to casual gamers. Creative gamers can even design their own levels with the built-in level editor, then play them solo or over Xbox Live with friends.*

· "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" from Konami is a faithful version of this legendary classic updated for Xbox Live Arcade and featuring the game's full soundtrack and memorable side-scrolling vampire-hunting action.

· "Catan," from developer Big Huge Games Inc. and publisher Microsoft® Game Studios, is a faithful remake of the immensely popular strategy board game.

· "Eets: Chowdown" from Klei Entertainment Inc. is a completely revamped version of the popular PC title of the same name. It offers new items, 120 new levels and the exclusive debut of Marsho Madness, a high-adrenaline action game in which players must keep the impending evil marshmallows at bay.

· "LUXOR 2," from developer MumboJumbo LLC, sets a new standard for action puzzlers as players match and shoot their way through the land of ancient Egypt.

· "Paperboy," from developer Digital Eclipse and publisher Midway, is a classic coin-op hit, specially enhanced for Xbox Live Arcade.

· "Root Beer Tapper," also from developer Digital Eclipse and publisher Midway, features fast-paced reflex action as players scramble to keep thirsty patrons happy without dropping root beer mugs in the scramble to earn the biggest tips.

· "Worms" from developer Team 17 Software Ltd. features armies of adorable weapon-toting worms locked in tactical combat.

Sorta interesting list, at least they are not all retro ports

http://kotaku.com/gaming/retro/ten-new-liv...nced-232588.php

You made it up. First quarter 07 for Sensi, can't wait.

Those 10 aren't all due in February though, it just says starting February, I don't expect them to release more than 1 a week at any point, and seeing as they say there will be some weeks when theres nothing released that means nothing other than those 10 games till May (which would be Q2).

Those 10 aren't all due in February though, it just says starting February, I don't expect them to release more than 1 a week at any point, and seeing as they say there will be some weeks when theres nothing released that means nothing other than those 10 games till May (which would be Q2).

Hmm, it specifically says "next ten games" which I think can only be taken as one them will be released each week from Feb onwards (altho not in that order - the list is alphabetical and thats not realistically gonna be how theyre released is it...)

edit:

Oh wait - I've changed my mind now :( Major Nelson links to this article: http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/200.../30/540427.aspx which lists the same ten games but has totally different text. This bit in particular clears things up a bit:

These 10 titles are just a sample of the diverse and entertaining games that will be coming to the service in 2007.

and

All these games are scheduled to become available during Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays in the coming weeks, and specific game information will be announced closer to each game’s launch date. Although a game may not be launched every week, every Wednesday is an opportunity to share in the Xbox Live Arcade experience with friends and family.

Starting with the first release in February, 10 highly anticipated titles will begin making their way to Xbox Live Arcade, including these (titles are not listed in chronological release order):

3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures

:(

N+ coming to Xbox Live Arcade

n.jpg

N+ announced for Xbox360 Live! Arcade platform

Woah, we haven't updated the news in a whole year -- it's been a boring year, apparently!

Metanet Software has decided to join forces with Vancouver's Klei Entertainment to produce a version of N for Xbox Live Arcade. Development is slated to officially begin on February 1, 2007, and finish at the end of this summer.

We will make sure that this incarnation of N remains as close to the original as possible, in terms of gameplay, graphics and fun. We're including a level editor so players can make and swap their own levels, and we're testing out exciting new features such as multiplayer modes as well.

Expect to see N+ on Live Arcade fall 2007.

And in the meantime, we're working on Robotology and hope to have it finished sometime before the end of time.

MS don't seem to annouce release dates for arcade titles, some might argue that MS simple don't even bother releasing arcade titles either.

:o

So it looks like we're not getting a game this week either*

*I loved the Lumines stuff as I'm a huge fan of the game, but it should have been released along with a game.

Really pleased to see N+ is getting a release, more like that please. Plenty of other good stuff in that list as well, Golf, Alien Hominid, Castlevania, Catan, Paperboy and Worms are pretty much definites and Band of Bugs sounds interesting. _However_, surely they could start doing some release dates for these games and although it was nice when we got a game every Wednesday for a month or two, they need to start knocking them out on a more regular basis.

I'll be getting the golf game for the wife and I'll try to find cash for most of the others for myself, but I'll try to be more choosy than I have been in the past.

It suddenly hit me a few days ago that 360 and Wii points actually cost real money.