IGNORED

Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Action Jack figures

Hehe! I had shitloads of those, all purchased from a local GT News. I used to make death-slides using cotton and curtain hooks from myparent's bedroom window to the bottom of the garden. Some of them died (melted) in horrible, fire-related, incidents too...

Even though a 360 mag has a story about how it definitely isn't coming out this month? :wub:

The latest NGamer has the story as well. :(

Why, Iwata? Why? Microsoft said yes. Activision said yes. Rare said yes and spent a year working on it. 'Nintendo' said yes... but Iwata through out his rattle and said no.

I believe I speak for everyone when I say: WTF?

Nintendo in utter cuntery shocker! From CVG last month:

The site reports: "Sources within Microsoft who were very close to the project have told us the game was canned not because of disagreements between the two parties, but because of Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata, who believes that, as a title which appeared on a Nintendo console, GoldenEye shouldn't be made available on a competitor's system."

MS need to get Perfect Dark on XBLA and be done with it. By my approximation it was roughly 100% better the Goldeneye and thats a fucking fact. Fuck Goldeneye, everyone will play it for all of 10 mins and realise it was good for the time but does not stand up today.

Nintendo in utter cuntery shocker! From CVG last month:

The site reports: "Sources within Microsoft who were very close to the project have told us the game was canned not because of disagreements between the two parties, but because of Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata, who believes that, as a title which appeared on a Nintendo console, GoldenEye shouldn't be made available on a competitor's system."

What a twat, he didn't complain when SEGA came crying to sell Sonic on a viable platform, did he?

...Fuck Goldeneye, everyone will play it for all of 10 mins and realise it was good for the time but does not stand up today.

Totally agree, played it for a bit last week on N64 xbox emulator, it was my absolute favourite in the day, but now... I didn't realise how far we've moved on.

MS need to get Perfect Dark on XBLA and be done with it. By my approximation it was roughly 100% better the Goldeneye and thats a fucking fact. Fuck Goldeneye, everyone will play it for all of 10 mins and realise it was good for the time but does not stand up today.

And that's the double truth, Ruth.

Glad I checked in this thread before making a new topic... as much as I think it deserves one :(

1up reported on the licencing problems a few months ago, so with any luck C&VG's screenshot is a sign that it's going ahead.

post-5310-1203706533_thumb.jpg

I could go on and on about GoldenEye (I have done many times...), but in summary: I think it still stands up (though admittedly that's partly because I've been playing it reasonably regularly ever since I got it so the graphics and framerate don't bother me), and I think it's better than Perfect Dark (as Gwynster explained here).

Also, while searching the forum to check if this had already been posted I found this thread about David Doak's comments on the making of the game... how did I manage to miss that? :wub:

Glad I checked in this thread before making a new topic... as much as I think it deserves one :(

1up reported on the licencing problems a few months ago, so with any luck C&VG's screenshot is a sign that it's going ahead.

post-5310-1203706533_thumb.jpg

I could go on and on about GoldenEye (I have done many times...), but in summary: I think it still stands up (though admittedly that's partly because I've been playing it reasonably regularly ever since I got it so the graphics and framerate don't bother me), and I think it's better than Perfect Dark (as Gwynster explained here).

Also, while searching the forum to check if this had already been posted I found this thread about David Doak's comments on the making of the game... how did I manage to miss that? :wub:

It's not going ahead.

But it was ready to go.

I've still got both originals next to me, I can't imagine playing them on a quarter of an SDTV nowadays though, or not using twin-stick control.

If Perfect Dark came out I'd want counter-operative over Live. That was great fun, but the various ambushes and griefing exploits never worked when you could see each others' screen.

N+ has the most brilliant piss-easy level design editor I've ever seen in a game. Its really bloody good, its a massive shame then that there is no real way to share your creations online. I hope some sort of upload space gets patched in but Im not holding my breath.

http://kotaku.com/359668/microsoft-cuts-in...yalties-in-half

News of Microsoft's democratization of indie game development was overshadowed this week by an increasing discontent among established indie developers that the company was halving the royalties paid to them for future Xbox Live Arcade projects, several well-informed sources told Kotaku.

Several developers directly affected by the cut told Kotaku that the once generous royalty share of 70 percent given to them by the company was within the past few months cut down to 35 percent.

The move, some believe, may be tied to Microsoft's future reliance on the recently announced initiative to deliver games created using the company's XNA software package to Xbox Live users for a still undisclosed price.

At least one developer I spoke with said they were considering moving over to Sony and its Playstation Network in light of the cuts.

Why would they do this?

It can't be right that both N+ and Rez are selling for the same price.

N+ has '400 pointer' written all over it. I still wouldn't buy it for that price.

Erm, having spent a bit more time with the demo, I've discovered that it's actually really quite good after all. If it were 400 points I would have it already. 800? Still not sure.

It's just a rumour at the moment isn't it though? Maybe the service is more expensive to run than they initially anticipated? Maybe it's just Microsoft being plain old greedy. Are developers really going to jump ship now the 360 has by far the biggest on-line userbase?

There's a thread over at NeoGAF where a mod seemingly confirms it. If developers don't defect, don't you think it's likely that they'll want to charge more for their games?