rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Xbox Live Arcade

I've been wondering how one would go about this.

It would be something I'd do in work I guess although I'm not sure how seriously we're looking at it at the moment.

I suspect an individual would need approval from MS and then you'd also have to put it through their approval process which usually costs a reasonable amount of cash although I'm not sure what Live Arcade demands are.

That and you'd need to get the missus away from watching Eastenders...

I haven't been on Live in almost eight months or something - I've actually forgotten what you shouting at your wife mid-Halo session sounds like <_<

Hang on Szczep, please don't start naming all the titles you would see on Live Arcade. I would have to come up with my whole list of 'Chat &' games again.

Oh yeah. It's time for Chat & Chess, Chat & Monopoly and Chat & Katan. I would embrace them all.

Outpost Kaloki X - i thought id like this as it sure sounds fun but i didnt think it was worth buying. Two things put me off, the first is the TINY icons on the hug, its very hard to make out what is what, and theres so much space on the screen they could have been bigger.

Also its rather limiting, i wont say it isnt enjoyable because it is in a really limited way, but just placing items onto the planet and then setting the speed to 5 till you have completed it isnt great. And thats the problem you are limited to where and how you can place objects, if you could do it on a plot of land it would have been loads more fun as you make up the land, as it is its sorta like having all the paths laid out for you and objects will only fit into certain spaces on them paths removing a lot of the freedom.

Outpost Kaloki X - i thought id like this as it sure sounds fun but i didnt think it was worth buying. Two things put me off, the first is the TINY icons on the hug, its very hard to make out what is what, and theres so much space on the screen they could have been bigger.

Also its rather limiting, i wont say it isnt enjoyable because it is in a really limited way, but just placing items onto the planet and then setting the speed to 5 till you have completed it isnt great. And thats the problem you are limited to where and how you can place objects, if you could do it on a plot of land it would have been loads more fun as you make up the land, as it is its sorta like having all the paths laid out for you and objects will only fit into certain spaces on them paths removing a lot of the freedom.

.::: Psst, you can adjust HUD size. ;)

Original, 2D Worms would be genius.  Especially over Live.

Exactly, now you're thinking. Stuff like that, Bomberman or Puzzle Bobble. Stuff that surely doesn't shift that much at £29.99 but whacked on Live Arcade for £8 with multiplayer and it's fantabulous and the biggest impulse buy because you don't even need to get out of your chair.

Not sure how much they save with going to retail against Microsoft's Live Arcade fee but it's gotta be a winner for smaller games.

Exactly, now you're thinking. Stuff like that, Bomberman or Puzzle Bobble. Stuff that surely doesn't shift that much at £29.99 but whacked on Live Arcade for £8 with multiplayer and it's fantabulous and the biggest impulse buy because you don't even need to get out of your chair.

Not sure how much they save with going to retail against Microsoft's Live Arcade fee but it's gotta be a winner for smaller games.

£8?! Sod that, most games are 400 points, which is about £3. Bomberman per favor!

The full marketplace thing has amazing potential. Especially the arcade section.

It really opens up a viable route for a budget label if you see what I mean. With these games revolving around relaxing and social type games to be played over live with friends.

I would even buy board game interpretations etc. Card games could be a winner also.