Phantasy Star Universe [PC/PS2]

Gorf King

:( Sorry you've called it a day (even though I did ages ago). In fact, it's probably for that reason - I feel a bit guilty about trying to whip up enough interest to get a big community together, then promptly leaving (due to a combination of at the time unforeseen circumstances, I might add, but still...I wouldn't have lasted that much longer without C-Mode).

I hope you enjoy WoW. Although...if, instead, you fancy shooting people's faces off at an asteroid belt and making them cry in real life and having all your work of the last 6 months dashed by a war declaration by the vengeful victim's hired mercs, then assiduously training an alt to infiltrate said corp over the course of a year only to find you like the life of the merc corp better and end up double-crossing your own old corpmates to commit massive corporate theft and the slaughter of their fleet resulting in them eventually quitting the game, only for you to find you've become everything you used to hate, fit only to wander friendless through low security space ganking miners while wistfully thinking of how things could have been for you and your once-friends had you not shot first that time at the asteroid belt all those years ago, you might try Eve...

..uhm, not that I've done any of that. I usually just sit in station typing stuff.

So anyway, enjoy WoW. Happy trails, Montague.

o/

Sounds fine by me. Make it somewhere around 9-10pm tommorow night.

And drag 'tilda on too. Might be worth trying to contact Bebop/DS so we have the full team for our last hurrah ;)

I fired off some in-game Simple Mails. Hopefully Darkstone should pick up on one today - he's usually synthing stuff in the afternoons. Bebop...I think work commitments will get in the way :) , but here's hoping!

Tried logging in tonight and said my subscription had expired, which I thought a little odd. Checked the website though and sure enough:

09 Apr 2007 02:14 BST BILL £6.99 FAILED

Then I remembered that I got a new credit card so my details haven't been updated. Considering we are all stopping I pretty much doubt Ill bother repurchasing. ;)

Hope you all had a lovely time.

It's been fun guys :D

455882285_748db20cf8_o.jpg

:blink:

Brilliant. Aww, I'm pretty bummed I missed out tonight, but still, it's been a good fun few months that even with our relatively small community did see me put 300+ hours into it.

And we easily outlasted the 360 lot ;)

Good times, and I hope we manage to see each other again on some other online RPG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumpity bump!

I haven't got this yet, but I'm interested and want some info.

- Is it fun to play? Is it vastly different to PSO?

- Is it worth holding off until the new version is available (if and when)?

- Following on from the last point, is the Japanese version difficult to navigate?

- Do RLLMUKers still play this regularly? Times helpful.

- Are there any differences in regional versions of the game (e.g. connecting to regional-specific servers)?

Bumpity bump!

I haven't got this yet, but I'm interested and want some info.

- Is it fun to play? Is it vastly different to PSO?

- Is it worth holding off until the new version is available (if and when)?

- Following on from the last point, is the Japanese version difficult to navigate?

- Do RLLMUKers still play this regularly? Times helpful.

- Are there any differences in regional versions of the game (e.g. connecting to regional-specific servers)?

- Yes. Yes, but not vastly. It's still kill everything in the area and move on to the next.

- No idea, I thought it was an expansion.

- Yes.

- No.

- Yes. I think US & UK are together on PC, with the Japanese seperate.

On a side note, does anybody have any contact info for BeBopDeluxe?

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone. I know this thread is all but dead these days, but just a quick bump - due to an issue with PSU's billing server, all players who've previously had a PSU account can now log in for free for three weeks. I think you just need to attempt to connect in the same manner you would have done when you were a paid subscriber.

I personally don't play on this server so haven't been able to verify this myself but here's a proper news thing and everything.

Just thought I'd throw that out there :P

[edit] Maybe I tell a lie - APPARENTLY you don't need to have had an account previously for you to be able to try it for free. You still need the retail game though, obviously.

I'm sure your account will still be there. Mine - which has been inactive far longer than yours - is, and it still works (after patching, obviously), and logs on without renewing a sub.

I only logged on out of curiosity, though. After 20 minutes I felt all the old clunkiness (oddly, far more than I ever did returning to the much older DC/GC PSO), and the absence of C-Mode, and quit. With hindsight, I don't think I ever really got on with PSU after the initial newness/hope wore off. Shame.

But yeah, it is free and should be available to all who once had an account.