Phantasy Star Universe [PC/PS2]

Gorf King

there's a PA limit!?

Also the new PAs look like they could be good, but all my new ones are at single stage, so doing fuck all.

Yeah, there is - 30-something I think. It's on one of the Menus anyway. I believe its not too much of a concern as you can overwrite old PAs but I obviously haven't tried that yet ;)

<snip>... sounds like "benny hill online" to me

Wait til you see it, every third player is in a swimsuit, male and female :P

Anyway, Hyper! I need to know what Techs you are getting/ concentrating on. Theres bloody SIX new support techs. Attack up/down, Defense up/down and Agility up/down. Also new Light and Dark magic and same for Bullets.

Theres no way you can be using all the Techs aswell. Theres 28 of the bloody things now. My calculations make that 7 canes to have access to all of them and, also, getting all 28 will put you very close to the PA limit.

I had a look at the techs available. Eye watering! :(

But seriously, there's little point in swallowing up all the techs at once as they're there for people to develop their own playing styles based on what they like/their class, etc. I haven't decided just yet, will do so later. Since it's inevitable that we'll both be picking up most if not all the support techs eventually, why not pick the ones that suit the way you want to play it? The ones we overlap on, we can just share the support duties. :(

Besides, if I did pick up all the support techs, I'd have to think how I can switch between 7 of them (you missed the TP/up one, Retier) in meaningful way.

I don't want all the techs anyways...haven't got any in the Gi-series - too close for comfort, and I'm not sold on the Dam-series, until I see them effectively in action. I bought my first Bullet yesterday - the ice one, so I'm no where near hitting the PA limit. Oh, and you could have all the techs on you if you wanted, there's no need to have 7 Rods. I've just been re-equipping my main Slyrod with different techs dependant on the mission we're on. Like Neudaiz, just put on the fire/ice ones. Moatoob's mainly Zonde and Barta, etc. I only got my second rod Tomoirod a few days ago to free up the first for these here support techs. I'll probably need one more but that's it really and the wands are just for convenience (quick heals, Diga, etc). And as a Wartecher Jimmy, don't you only have access to wands? You probably need to juggle your set up better than I do :( plus, you've got Photon Arts on your weaps to concentrate on, probably more so then my techs.

I'll post later with what I pick in any case ;)

<snip>there's a PA limit!?<snip>

Yeah, 36 I believe. I'd assume you'd concentrate on your favourite weapons.

Anyone up for some practise runs of Bruce's Dungeon tonight?

Just got back from my first little foray (unsafe corridor C)

All I can say is this:

:)

It's good to be back

Was worried that the Uni network would cause some problems (people can't play most games on-line from halls or something) but it works fine! I am well chuffed, the controls are working perfectly with my 360 pad and everything feels nice and familiar in some ways, but different in others.

My name's redbloodcell (original eh?) and I'm a level 3 Cast right now, if you see me on there give me a wave!

Since it's inevitable that we'll both be picking up most if not all the support techs eventually, why not pick the ones that suit the way you want to play it? The ones we overlap on, we can just share the support duties. :D

Besides, if I did pick up all the support techs, I'd have to think how I can switch between 7 of them (you missed the TP/up one, Retier) in meaningful way.

What does Retier do then? Does it increase the PP on all the wands/canes, or does it cut the amount of PP used per cast. I can't figure out what effect TP has exactly anymore.

I don't want all the techs anyways...haven't got any in the Gi-series - too close for comfort, and I'm not sold on the Dam-series, until I see them effectively in action.

Is the Gi-series the ones like my Lightning that spread around me? I think I'd be wise to choose a few more of those techs as I can get myself into positions to use them easily. I dont have a clue what the Dam series is.

And as a Wartecher Jimmy, don't you only have access to wands? You probably need to juggle your set up better than I do ;) plus, you've got Photon Arts on your weaps to concentrate on, probably more so then my techs.

I know, I'm completely fucked. I have to very very careful about techs I choose to buy because I have so little space for them on my wands and I need them to complement PAs in other areas. I currently carry 3 wands which gives me a huge 6 slots for techs. I could carry 4 wands at a push, but Id probably get too confused and it'd mean another 4 pistols aswell. Im enjoying the balancing act though.

Im going to buy them one at a time I think and Ill probably pick up one of the main 4. Im wondering what the range is like on the def/atk/agl down ones though? If it's a huge range then maybe it's not that useful for me to pick up many, but maybe just the one for tagging purposes.

We'll see in time I suppose but ultimately I don't want to be wasting money on Techs I shalln't be using.

it's best to arrange a time, place and universe to meet. it's pretty impossible to just run in to each other.

oh and hyper, I decided expensive PAs must be better. that is why they are expensive. I just have to level them so they're actually combos. how tedious.

Aye, will have to. is there a regular meet up time every week, or it it a case of just setting something up in here? If so, anyone on tonight?

Aye, will have to. is there a regular meet up time every week, or it it a case of just setting something up in here? If so, anyone on tonight?

Ill meet up with you. Same as always:

9pm GMT, at the fountain (1st floor, outside our rooms) on Clyez City.

This is the default place you log in at. We always meet on Universe 15 (to choose your Universe use the little floaty red cubes near the elevators).

What level are you guys at then? I remember in PSO my level rise was pretty quick, although I used to spend ages playing offline as well as online.

Hyper P/ Cottem: 40-odd

Me / Beth: 30-odd

Panda / Monty / Mathilda: 20-odd

You start out only being able to do the C missions and then B missions start at lvl20/25. These are pretty alright for people to be playing upto around 30-40 although I think that A missions are starting to become more of the norm once most hit the 30 mark.

It doesn't really matter though as people will always have alternative characters and levelling up to 20 is pretty quick (but not as quick as PSO days). The "grind" is already starting to kick in around lvl40 with lvl100 likely to be the maximum.

You can't bring your character offline anymore as all data is stored server-side.

Right, from the depths of my PC...

356397359_a369e829d9.jpg356409539_34a06cc66c.jpg

Me, although I've ditched the shades, perhaps they give of an aloof impression? Also, my alt character Taylor Ren. A future Protranser maybe? Anyways here to welcome new players such as...

356397375_58a12ed0cf.jpg

redbloodcell. New blood...welcome :(

356397363_678e46b94e.jpg356397374_65b7f1c3ac.jpg

Here's Cottem's Parable Apple. For once he's not humping someone :( Instead he use's...Cheryl :(

356397372_8f2b819758.jpg

Here's some beauty - PSU style. Wanda (Be Bop Deluxe) and Mathilda, the best dressed people in the Gurhal system. FACT.

359692274_22fd824ff8.jpg

Although saying that, bad monty here gives em a run for their money. Oh and his shades are visible across opposite ends of various lobbys! Wub, Parp!, etc. :(

359692278_47ec8bc083.jpg311908323_ba2e29a8e4.jpg

Here's MW_Jimmy with Juliet, and cutsie-poo killbot Mimi... Picture Credit: acidbearboy (for Mimi)

311604204_ba03a1a9f0.jpg

Here's Panda's Waffle from her first day online. Here's to winding up Juliet more in 2007! Picture Credit: MW_Jimmy

Not got a picture of everyone...I'll try to snap the others later this week. Oh, I'm rubbish at action shots, someone else take them!

Acidbearboy set up the flickr account...

Username: psu.rllmuk

Password: redringrico

URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/psurllmuk/

It's all there.

Oh man, photos are ace. Im gonna reinstall my PC version at some point,..... maybe.

Anyway, shall we get a team of four together for Bruces Dungeon tonight. I really think an S rank should be easy enough for us.

Also cottem, if you are after some new areas do the single player online missions. Both missions 2 & 3 are in areas that are not available generally yet. I tried the 3rd mission this afternoon, HIVE. God it's hard - all Dark creatures and some horrible wizzard types that throw fireballs. I can't see me doing passing it for some time.

huh, i can't seem to buy a new subscription until this one runs out. which is at midnight.

what.

Non re-occuring option? Bit odd but I suppose thats just the way it goes. It'll go through straightaway anyway so its not that much of a bother.

Also, I hear the 360 users don't get PSO music on Bruces Dungeon :rolleyes:

huh, i can't seem to buy a new subscription until this one runs out. which is at midnight.

what.

I just waited until the servers wouldn't let me on, then I paid up. Goes through immediately, so there's no wait. Mine ran out at midnight as well, but since I logged in before zero hour, there was no need for me to pay up again until the following day.

You get the option of 30 days £6.99 reoccurring by credit card , or 60 days only - £15 via debit/credit card.

On around 9-ish...

Aha! Had a look on PSUpedia and found a Mission Structure flowchart. Something Ive been wanting for a while. It seems to show currently locked missions in black and, really, I'd say we have currently got access to the majoirty of the areas.

It'll be cool when Freight Train Rescue is available on Parum as it'll make a nice shortcut for latecomers to meet up at the Special Base or to make a shorter run to the end. Neudiaz looks quite a bit messier in structure.

Bruces Dungeon: Yeah, S Rank is 18mins which means we'd have to make up another 55 seconds on our best ;)

Only areas of improvement I can see are:

1) Picking up keys quicker, which is often easier said then done. The only part I remember waiting a long time at was Hyper's 4 warps section though.

2) Best path for Bruce? He seems pretty strong so maybe he should follow the person going the route with the most enemies.

3) Need to sort out the left/right warp (me & apple guess & choose different ones to each other).

4) Killing enemies quicker & choose better weapons. I don't know how well we are choosing our techs/PA and elements. Also, most enemies seem to be Fire or Ground, so Ice and Lightning should be the order of the day.

The reward difference between S and A is a handful of Mission Points and a couple of hundred meseta so "failing" each time isn't really mattering, but it'd be oh-so-very-nice to get S.

It may be best if we mix up the roles for a run or two, so those are unclear on certain parts of the mission have a chance to experience it. I feel once most know the others are up to during the times we split up, it'll help with understanding and communication.

Then we can best decide everyone's role during a split mission run. It may be best (certainly on B/A/S) that I run with the group that was to deal with the stronger enemy groups, as I can Barta those Vanda's from a distance allowing the HUnters to concentrate on the bigger enemies. When it's a small group of them in my face, like after teleporting or between the gates 3-4, it takes some time to position myself correctly, especially without Gi-Barta.

I feel the same way about Bruce, he should go with the stronger group. Looks like you're saddled with 'im Parable Apple! :P

As far as I can tell, for the warps, it's still Front/Right = Left, Back/Left = Right. Whoever goes through one of the four warps can either call which one they use or which the others should use, but for simplicity's sake, it may be best if those going through one of the two warps, listens out for Bruce at the 4 warp point also.

On at about 8-something...