Phantasy Star Universe [PC/PS2]

Gorf King

So, what are people's plans for this weekend? I'll be on from 7.00pm providing nothing else turns up, and you may catch me earlier tending to my shop/synthing. If no one's around I'll probably hunt for a Fluorescent Bulb on the Linear Line mission Fighting For Food.

I was talking to Hyper tonight about the new update on Friday and he told me about the new quest "Bruces Dungeon". I didn't really have a clue about it but, essentially, it's very much like C-Mode. Finally, we'll be able to see who is good when it comes to PSU :(

from a thread on PSOW:

Whats is Bruce's Mission?

Bruce's Mission is the first party mission in PSU. Its timed, and requires a well organized team to be done well. You're required to have atleast 2 people, and can have as many as 5. Bruce himself will actually fill the last spot. There is a 25 minute timer, and the mission ends when you get Bruce to the hologram at the end of the mission.

How do I get there?

Once it is implemented on the US servers (probably january 12th), you can get to it at the guardian headquarters on Moatoob. People can not join mid mission, so it will not allow you to start the mission till all members are at the counter.

Switches and buttons, are you sure this isn't a PSO mission?

On the JP server, theres actually a few missions that have floor buttons and require multiple people to stand on them in order to progress through the mission. But yes, this is a PSU mission.

How do the buttons work?

Although they're similar to PSO, they're not necessarily the same. Just like in PSU, they are circular red buttons on the floor that you are required to step on. But, these buttons are only active while you are on them. If a button opens a gate, it will close the gate as soon as you step off of the button. This is why this mission requires multiple people. There are several places where one person needs to step on a button, while another goes through a gate.

What are the rewards and requirements?

C-rank:

S: 16 cexp, 1600 meseta, C-grinder base - 7 min (18:00 left on clock)

A: 12 cexp, 1200 meseta - 16 min (9:00 left on clock)

B: 8 cexp, 800 meseta

B-rank (Req lv 35+, 45~ monsters):

S: 70 cexp, 7000 meseta, B-grinder base - 15 min (10:00 left on clock)

A: 53 cexp, 5250 meseta - 20 min (5:00 left on clock)

B: 35 cexp, 3500 meseta

A-rank (Req lv 60+, 80~ monsters):

S: 150 cexp, 15000 meseta, A-grinder base - 20 min (5:00 left on clock)

A: 113 cexp, 11250 meseta - 24 min (1:00 left on clock)

B: 75 cexp, 7500 meseta

How do you fail the mission?

The main reason that the mission will fail is if anybody dies. Scapes do not work, and the moment anyone gets down to 0hp, the mission ends for everybody. But, the mission will also end if the leader is switched, leader leaves, party gets disbanded, etc. Basically anything that effects the party layout will result in a mission failed. So if you don't know, just don't do it. Get everything ready before the mission.

Hows the mission broken up?

The mission is two blocks long, and the blocks can be broken up into sort of themes. The first block is more of a team puzzle than anything. There are many places to split up into smaller groups and shave precious seconds off your time. But at the same time, this means if one person is out of synch, the rest of the team is slowed down. But, there aren't very many monsters and the ones there are aren't very deadly. The second block is all about working as a team to kill monsters. The monsters are very deadly, and you can very easily be caught off guard. Only when everyone is doing their role will it be completely reliably.

Can't wait. PSO Music too :lol:

I was talking to Hyper tonight about the new update on Friday and he told me about the new quest "Bruces Dungeon". I didn't really have a clue about it but, essentially, it's very much like C-Mode. Finally, we'll be able to see who is good when it comes to PSU :D

from a thread on PSOW:

Whats is Bruce's Mission?

Bruce's Mission is the first party mission in PSU. Its timed, and requires a well organized team to be done well. You're required to have atleast 2 people, and can have as many as 5. Bruce himself will actually fill the last spot. There is a 25 minute timer, and the mission ends when you get Bruce to the hologram at the end of the mission.

How do I get there?

Once it is implemented on the US servers (probably january 12th), you can get to it at the guardian headquarters on Moatoob. People can not join mid mission, so it will not allow you to start the mission till all members are at the counter.

Switches and buttons, are you sure this isn't a PSO mission?

On the JP server, theres actually a few missions that have floor buttons and require multiple people to stand on them in order to progress through the mission. But yes, this is a PSU mission.

How do the buttons work?

Although they're similar to PSO, they're not necessarily the same. Just like in PSU, they are circular red buttons on the floor that you are required to step on. But, these buttons are only active while you are on them. If a button opens a gate, it will close the gate as soon as you step off of the button. This is why this mission requires multiple people. There are several places where one person needs to step on a button, while another goes through a gate.

What are the rewards and requirements?

C-rank:

S: 16 cexp, 1600 meseta, C-grinder base - 7 min (18:00 left on clock)

A: 12 cexp, 1200 meseta - 16 min (9:00 left on clock)

B: 8 cexp, 800 meseta

B-rank (Req lv 35+, 45~ monsters):

S: 70 cexp, 7000 meseta, B-grinder base - 15 min (10:00 left on clock)

A: 53 cexp, 5250 meseta - 20 min (5:00 left on clock)

B: 35 cexp, 3500 meseta

A-rank (Req lv 60+, 80~ monsters):

S: 150 cexp, 15000 meseta, A-grinder base - 20 min (5:00 left on clock)

A: 113 cexp, 11250 meseta - 24 min (1:00 left on clock)

B: 75 cexp, 7500 meseta

How do you fail the mission?

The main reason that the mission will fail is if anybody dies. Scapes do not work, and the moment anyone gets down to 0hp, the mission ends for everybody. But, the mission will also end if the leader is switched, leader leaves, party gets disbanded, etc. Basically anything that effects the party layout will result in a mission failed. So if you don't know, just don't do it. Get everything ready before the mission.

Hows the mission broken up?

The mission is two blocks long, and the blocks can be broken up into sort of themes. The first block is more of a team puzzle than anything. There are many places to split up into smaller groups and shave precious seconds off your time. But at the same time, this means if one person is out of synch, the rest of the team is slowed down. But, there aren't very many monsters and the ones there are aren't very deadly. The second block is all about working as a team to kill monsters. The monsters are very deadly, and you can very easily be caught off guard. Only when everyone is doing their role will it be completely reliably.

Can't wait. PSO Music too :D

Sounds like Maximum attack more than c-mode, apart from the if someone dies you fail penalty. Higher level players with better equipment will find it easier I assume. Switch 'puzzles' in PSO were always dull, more of them doesn't really appeal. The second part sounds more tasty.

Sounds like Maximum attack more than c-mode, apart from the if someone dies you fail penalty. Higher level players with better equipment will find it easier I assume. Switch 'puzzles' in PSO were always dull, more of them doesn't really appeal. The second part sounds more tasty.

wasnt maximum attack over if someone died? I cant remember...

Oh and welcome back swifty. And where have you been acid - i saw you and gorf about once online...

Who posted in: Phantasy Star Universe [PC/PS2]

Poster Posts

Gorf King 157

acidbearboy 111

MW_Jimmy 97

chris on the moon 96

Terria 53

Theres a lesson here kids <_<

I'm possibly/probably going to be out friday night - just wondering if anybody fancies an early evening meet-up on friday, around 6pm: I want to have a stab at Bruces Dungeon.

Oh and welcome back swifty. And where have you been acid - i saw you and gorf about once online...

Er...sorry. I took a Wii break from online gaming, and since then I've been attending to EvE, which I had also been neglecting. I've posted quite a lot in that thread, too! /me fails lesson

I guess I'm really waiting for C-Mode too, if it ever happens. That new mission looks very tempting, so I might pop back in a bit to have a few cracks at it...but it ain't no C-Mode.

I just love C-Mode more than all of the rest of it put together, I guess.

welcome redbloodcell.

So I've pissed about with the update a bit. this time there's an update to the system file/client

there's some nice new clothes, and cheryl is now wearing a bikini,

Bruce's dungeon is there and there's a new story mission that takes place in the HIVE

bunch of new room decorations

snowmen

Possibly a couple more S rank missions added

but no new areas it seems :)

welcome redbloodcell.

So I've pissed about with the update a bit. this time there's an update to the system file/client

there's some nice new clothes, and cheryl is now wearing a bikini,

Bruce's dungeon is there and there's a new story mission that takes place in the HIVE

bunch of new room decorations

snowmen

Possibly a couple more S rank missions added

but no new areas it seems :P

I'm liking the size and the frequency of the updates - it seems just about perfect to me.

I just popped on to have a look around (bouncing snowmans!) and see the swimsuits, although that didnt take long as everybody is walking around the lobbies in them. Looks fucking stupid ;)

Anyway, Hyper! I need to know what Techs you are getting/ concentrating on. Theres bloody SIX new support techs. Attack up/down, Defense up/down and Agility up/down. Also new Light and Dark magic and same for Bullets.

Theres no way you can be using all the Techs aswell. Theres 28 of the bloody things now. My calculations make that 7 canes to have access to all of them and, also, getting all 28 will put you very close to the PA limit.