Phantasy Star Universe [PC/PS2]

Gorf King

There's time. I'm hoping more new people start playing later on, because I'm not going to get much of a chance to play a lot up until xmas because of working away/going home/Wii/OU course, and lots of people will level up miles past me.

I won't have a PC again until January 8th after I leave, so I'm going to be doing some hard levelling then. Ah well, at least I'll have protection for a bit hanging around with the higher lvl people ^_^

Eurogamer have finally got around to reviewing it, and they've given it a :drum roll: - a six. Did they use the same tired arguements that every other review of the game has? They sure did! This one, in particular, does my face in largely because the point is moot:

But, in many ways it’s also a regression. PSU, at the moment, costs £6.99 a month and, arguably scandalously, Sega are currently holding content ALREADY ON THE DISC back from players in order to release it to paying subscribers at a later date. Even if some areas of PSO were hard to unlock at least they were attainable right from the start with perseverance, here you are kept out of areas of the game online - areas you know are available on the disc because you can visit them all in the offline quest. It’s a shocking decision and we really, really hope that EA et al are currently too busy with something else to have noticed.

Fuckwits. The game is pretty overwhelming as it is and to flood you with everything would be utterly pointless. Those who rush to level 50 and then moan about lack of content are playing the wrong game.

oh and sorry I left without saying much last night, but the amount of time we were waiting in between missions was a fucking joke.

Oh, bog off. You nitpicked at everything I did last night. I like to relax while playing online and Im not going to be hurried along by you. If you want to run through all the areas like a dog on acid go join up with the thousands of selfish ADD american kids on Universe 1.

MW_Jimmy, I noticed in my email to you, that I sent two of the same pics. One was supposed to be a clearer shot of the Chao I saw the other day. Ah, well at least you got the piccy of the fiend flat out dead on it's back!

I spent yesterday (although I'm not finished yet) on the PSOW website noting down the various way to obtain B Rank items for Forces, such as weapons and armour. I've been going around in 1*-3* items for long enough! Anyone fancy kicking it up a notch and attempting the B Graded missions? I'll be on around 8-9ish.

Oh, and another thing. I logged on late yesterday to check out the clothing shops. How on earth are some of you able to afford to change apperances so soon? Has anyone noted down the most profitable missions to undertake re: meseta?

MW_Jimmy, I noticed in my email to you, that I sent two of the same pics. One was supposed to be a clearer shot of the Chao I saw the other day. Ah, well at least you got the piccy of the fiend flat out dead on it's back!

Yeah, the scene of the crime was horrible and cruel :ph34r:

I spent yesterday (although I'm not finished yet) on the PSOW website noting down the various way to obtain B Rank items for Forces, such as weapons and armour. I've been going around in 1*-3* items for long enough! Anyone fancy kicking it up a notch and attempting the B Graded missions? I'll be on around 8-9ish.

Tried a B Mission on Linear Line with 2 people but wasn't really enough (not hard, it just consumed a lot of PP). Should be alright with 4 or more and we can also try the B missions on Parum as we are all lvl15+

Are the B weps aquired in the same manner as C weps then? Is it just that the item drops in B missions are different so you'll have snyth items for B weps or is it something more than that?

Those who rush to level 50 and then moan about lack of content are playing the wrong game.

o/\o

The ones who get to me are those who exclusively repeat De Ragan 'cause it's the most efficient way to gain EXP in a short space of time. Suddenly we're playing WoW? It reminds me of the Ep:II days on the Gamecube, where most the games being played were the EP:I stages because they doled out more EXP in a shorter space of time. Let's forget the fact that you've probably been playing those same four stages on the Dreamcast for over 200+ hours? Let's try somewhere new? No? Alrighty then... :ph34r:

Are the B weps aquired in the same manner as C weps then? Is it just that the item drops in B missions are different so you'll have snyth items for B weps or is it something more than that?

Don't know about the others but I bought most of my C grade stuff from player's shops. I haven't seen one standard Force wep drop into my lap and at the rate my tech levels are rising, my C Grade weps don't have the PP I need for me to be comfortable. It's only gonna get worse too, so I've started to note down the boards I'll need to synth me up the decent stuff, as well as i) the locations for the boards I want, ii) the locations for the synth items needed for the boards. There's also notably less B Grade stuff up for sale in the standard shops anyways, and what is there is expensive so those who wait for stuff to drop into their laps, it ain't gonna happen. Time to get proactive, folks.

As far as I can tell, B graded missions have synth material drops that can be different to C grade stuff, where as in C grade missions we've all been picking up is the common stuff. In B, there seems to be certain items that when used in conjunction with the required board items, can change the results of particular boards from one weapon manufacturer to another, such as one of the B-Graded bow boards. I've found sweet FA in terms of Force stuff so I'm just putting in the research now, before I hit those B missions. It also helps me mix up the places I want to visit, to keep the game interesting (see above post)!

a set of double sabers? rising crush is amazing when you level it up a lot.

Also I finished the offline mode. 25 hours. There's a blank screen at the end with a few minutes of the characters talking about how awsome network mode is. Then the screen says something like "let's go to network!"

Also Jimmy I Don't mind waiting 5 minutes but I don't pay money to fuck around in a lobby for half an hour ;) then start a mission that gets immediately cancelled becuase you kicked acidbearboy :wub:

I'll be on later tonight, but probably not till after 11.

Check out the psupedia website Pungee.

I feel like I should apologise a little for last nights escapades. It was a one off, probably. Although I'm with Jimmy in that I don't wanna just race through all the missions. Due to hours of pointless banter while playing Xbox PSO together, we still try and chat shit and mess about on PSU. I hope everybody realises we don't actually hate each other!

Love you Jimmy, and you cottem. Infact, I love everybody that plays PSU ;)

Also Jimmy I Don't mind waiting 5 minutes but I don't pay money to fuck around in a lobby for half an hour ;) then start a mission that gets immediately cancelled becuase you kicked acidbearboy ;)

That was a one-off and you know it. I thought acid was messing around not joining and he was probably thinking vice-versa. None of us actually realised it was due to what kicking does to a party, so in that sense I see it as a 1/2hr well spent. Plus it was actually pretty funny. Isn't that why we play online hmm?

In fact, I think you were pretty inconsiderate all night. You complained multiple times at people taking breaks and would frequently fuck off without waiting for anybody, killing enemies before we even came close. Then my advice for you to stop moving when having "Fire" status was met with arrogance (even though it would be ultimately me who had to drag myself over to you to both HEAL and REVERSER you before you died without a whisper of appreciation).

Also, for reference, I'd cancel any mission within the first few minutes if it meant getting somebody (prehaps just popped online that second) into the party. You'd have probably gone off without acid. Maybe next time Ill kick you out of the party and fuck off without you :wub:

I should be online in a couple of minutes. My PC installation is fuxxored again though. Everytime there is an update to Gameguard or the game it seems to become prone to blue screening.

Before I could mess around in Firefox and other programs in the background while playing but after an update as soon as I click anything on the taskbar it blue screen with the only solution being to re-install (which means a lengthy update download).

Bah.

Two Strikes!

PSU decided to freeze on my PS2 last night. Quick reset and nothing. OK, take the game out and restart - black screen. Unplugged everything overnight and tried again this morning - nothing.

I don't get it. It's not the drive because it's spinning and if it was, it should still boot to the main menu without a disc in. Something is happening because it switches my TV to the scart channel when I switch it on. Any ideas?

Really fucking pissed off - how long is the warranty on a PS2 because I've not had it two years yet (a shorter lifespan than my DC even which, ironically, died while playing PSO).

No PSU tonight :unsure: