Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

So what a surprise the PS3 can't do 1080p in games

WHAT? They said that the games on show arent in 1080P, and that one dev had concerns at this early stage with adding it.

No one said that the PS3 can't do 1080p in games.

Jesus, im starting to feel like a Sony fanbnoy here :)

The Warhawk guy said they're not even going to try because the processing power required to do what they want in the game is not there for 1080p. They would rather se that extra grunt in making it look prettier at 720p.

The only things at the show in 1080p are GT4 and a trailer for WarDevil.

Still it was a funny show, if only to hear them laughing at the guy who sucked at Zelda. That Luke had an excellent idea for the composing game. When he started describing it I thought it was amazing but then it turned out that it's the way that he would like, not how it is.

Some interesting negative opinions about Red Steel though. They say it plays like a pc fps but missing an axis. Even called it primitive.

From looking at videos the aiming just doesn't seem fast enough. Hopefully Ubisoft can nail it down/

The problem with the Wii FPS games so far seems to be that your view doesn't rotate with your crosshair.

Remember that mock-up someone on here did with HL2 and some PC mice about a year back? That was how I imagined the Wii would do FPS games too.

Instead they are much more stationary, with the crosshair moving around your screen like Operation Wolf, while your actual view only rotates if you reach the far edge of the screen.

Not the way to go IMO, and the 1up guys seem to back that up.

The problem with the Wii FPS games so far seems to be that your view doesn't rotate with your crosshair.

I agree. I can see it getting bloody annoying if you spot someone at the edge of the screen and it's quicker to strafe into a better firing position then simply turning to look at them.

Sometimes they're on the ball and sometimes they're not. I do prefer them to consolevania purely because they get to talk to the famouses. Of course when they do their little skits it all falls apart but the review format in 1up is a much better way of doing it. Having a group of people sitting and talking about the game like the DOA4 review is a good idea.

Anyway the latest 1up yours is a measely 1hr 45mins. That's a spicey meatball and I have no idea when I'll get to listen to it.

Anyway the latest 1up yours is a measely 1hr 45mins. That's a spicey meatball and I have no idea when I'll get to listen to it.

I listened to it this morning...its ok. Parts of it are good, parts bad.

I had no idea for instance that apparently Artoon are making Yoshis Island 2...and apparently its good anyway, which is a relief.

I listened to it this morning...its ok. Parts of it are good, parts bad.

I had no idea for instance that apparently Artoon are making Yoshis Island 2...and apparently its good anyway, which is a relief.

Well, I liked the latest podcast. The bit where Luke went into a laughing fit when he found out Garnett was 30 in 1997 had me in stitches. :rolleyes:

I don't think the 1UP Show people should be allowed onto the 1UP Podcast :rolleyes:

Say it ain't so. Do they get invaded? Garnett, Luke, John, Skip and Shane are brilliant on the podcast. Please say Jane doesn't get involved. She's what makes the 1up show go from amazing to awful.

Yeah I don't want to give out spoilers but John wasn't there and about 2/3 of the way through Jane and that other woman with the dog turn up, and smoking-beanie guy, and they turn it into a total borefest which even the other staff pick up on. The two women keep doing their "we're really hot lets talk about mudwrestling with each other" thing, which is really embarassing :rolleyes:. I can see why people hate Jane.

Up until then it's good though.