Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

Downloaded this 2nd episode of Not the 1up Show yesterday, first I've seen of the new format and I like the changes made. Keeping the chatting between themselves about the relevent games but minus the amateur dramatics, just improves things no end. The majority of the episode felt much better for it. Milks passion for Okami was nice to see, the whole Okami peice was passion filled actually and much better for it I say.

Yep they've gone back to talking about the games now and it's much better. Haven't listened to the podcast yet.

So they've put the schedule up for the video show which looks tasty but no podcast listing as yet and that's the interesting one these days.

As long as all the podcast crew are going to E3 and can keep up the quality. I'm also hoping that the 1up show videos aren't full of wanky acting again after last weeks was almost a return to form.

Just posted this in the Mario thread. Big look at Mario in the new episode, I'm speechless.

Courtesy of someone over on GAF. Mario, Sin Episodes, Mother 3 and Spore are covered so should be a good show. The Mario piece is awesome.

WMV 320x180 - Streaming

mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/1UP/1upshow_pree306_special_320x180.wmv

QT 320x180 - Download 296MB http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...al_320x180.zip

WMV 640x360 - Download 502MB http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...al_640x360.zip

QT 640x360 - Download 650MB http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...cial_quick.zip

QT MP4 (PSP) - Download 233MB http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...pecial_psp.zip

QT M4V (Podcast) - Download 214MB http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...pecial_pod.zip

The thing I found from watching the footage of spore was that yes...It looks really fucking impressive. But I also found myself in a rare moment of objectivity thinking to myself, no way will I ever have the time and the dedication to put effort into something like that over a prolonged period. Maybe i'm making an assumption way too soon.

Mario and Mother 3 looked great though, most of the good stuff I see nowadays is in handheld form :angry:

Where can I download it? The links above don't work.

All except the streaming link didnt work for me, you might wanna try that one if you havent already.

I tried putting some of these episodes on my PSP and they don't play. Rubbish!

The it might be that like most video file son the psp it needs to be in the two-file format? MP4 + .THM files?

I convert all videos to that "format" and it always works for me.

Were you even paying attention?

One guy said they sucked but text came up saying that they grew on him and he actually likes them and a different guy said they're pointless and I agree with him. His point was that you're buying Mario to play Mario not some mini-games.

They look like the same damn games that were on Mario 64 DS and it just seems like a waste of space putting them on there. Is it going to be just like the Advance series but now instead of Mario Bros. we get the same mini-games each time.

His point was that you're buying Mario to play Mario not some mini-games.

It's a bonus and a great one at that. I loved playing them in Mario 64 and had a great time in the score thread here with peeps like Cassidy and MalevolentPanda. So to each his own. And there are new ones in this if I'm not mistaken.

Were you even paying attention?

One guy said they sucked but text came up saying that they grew on him and he actually likes them and a different guy said they're pointless and I agree with him. His point was that you're buying Mario to play Mario not some mini-games.

They look like the same damn games that were on Mario 64 DS and it just seems like a waste of space putting them on there. Is it going to be just like the Advance series but now instead of Mario Bros. we get the same mini-games each time.

no.. it's the way they talk in that "I'm so cool I'm almost like totally dead" californian accent. I lived there for a while and it did my head in while I was there as well.

So was Mother 3 a NES game and it's being ported over keeping the same graphics? They could have tarted it up a bit.

Nope, its a brand new game. Why should they tart it up then eh? Its called a stylistic choice.

I'm sure Mother 3 was going to be coming out on the N64. Nice it's finally seeing the light of day.

It was - but that was due to be a massive 3D adventure - its all been completely redone for the GBA (which I think has been in development for quite some time in itself).

I really hope it gets an English conversion - the battle system looks like a lot of fun.

It's a bonus and a great one at that. I loved playing them in Mario 64 and had a great time in the score thread here with peeps like Cassidy and MalevolentPanda. So to each his own. And there are new ones in this if I'm not mistaken.

o/\o

but surely you were just competing with our girlfriends and wives <_<

However that was an excellent score thread and I for one await the new SMB with baited breath.

Nope, its a brand new game. Why should they tart it up then eh? Its called a stylistic choice.

Because it looks like a NES game. Wario Ware has an amazing art style in it's simple graphics.

Man I thought Luke was going to explode in his rant against PS3.

Man I thought Luke was going to explode in his rant against PS3.

Thay guy is a penis, he just needs to get out more. It was like his rant about bad game QA the other week, he was 'sickened' and 'disgusted' by it....easy there fella, it's videogames dude, nobody got raped