Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

And her embarassing 'pep talk' for the industry.

Boombox + Simply The Best ftw.

The show is fucking bizarre.. what's with the studenty we're-all-pals musical intro.. and, why are they doing amateur dramatics at the start of every episode and scattered throughout as well? I really really cannot see the point.. it's like nothing I've seen before.. imagine if Johnathan Ross did that, though his show is shit as. The rest of it is mostly good though. The bit in Tokyo confirms the Japanese-culture-is-based-on-Timmy-Mallet theory, that made me cringe, they should just cut out the embarassing bits. Parts of the interviews are good.. they're the best bit, the non-acting talks between the gamers is good too.

I was told to watch this, and I'm glad I did.

That bit where that silly cunt Pinckard gives a speech is the most embarassing thing I've ever seen. The cringe factor was so high it was like watching an episode of The Office.

Absolute gold. If that mob are "games journalists" no wonder it's one of the most laughed-at professions in the world.

I always wondered why all the shit journalists are into games; I mentioned Johnathan Ross (a shit journalist) and it struck me, I think it's just that geeks are shit journalists and many gamers are geeks. It revolves around geeks not being particularly intellectual I think, they'll read all the shit books and perhaps think there is more to them than there is. They'll consider action figurines or whatever crap they're into, art. In general they're lacking in certain aspects. A good understanding of other people or perhaps a lack of interest in other people, a certain kind of insight that all the literary critics have (for example) and use to say something interesting. On the other hand with a game journalist a review typically revolves around 'this works well'; 'that is a shit idea'; 'they spent too much time on x and not enough on y' and 'what would have been really wicked..'. They all think they're game designers, which is odd as they never provide much insight or say anything particularly unique. Perhaps I'm just phased by gamespot-stylee writing, the staff of which should be forced to try and develop a game.

No, this doesn't really have any relevance, but I thought I'd share, lucky you.

Oh christ, I'm watching another one and this new curly haired pubescent twat is on.. the amateur dramatics have just gotten to GCSE level. I'm now pretty sure Elisha Cuthbert doesn't play games and my life is complete knowing Curly Haired twat probably had a hard-on interviewing her and some other woman (I wouldn't know, I don't watch 24, it's shit).

I always wondered why all the shit journalists are into games; I mentioned Johnathan Ross (a shit journalist) and it struck me, I think it's just that geeks are shit journalists and many gamers are geeks. It revolves around geeks not being particularly intellectual I think, they'll read all the shit books and perhaps think there is more to them than there is. They'll consider action figurines or whatever crap they're into, art. In general they're lacking in certain aspects. A good understanding of other people or perhaps a lack of interest in other people, a certain kind of insight that all the literary critics have (for example) and use to say something interesting. On the other hand with a game journalist a review typically revolves around 'this works well'; 'that is a shit idea'; 'they spent too much time on x and not enough on y' and 'what would have been really wicked..'. They all think they're game designers, which is odd as they never provide much insight or say anything particularly unique. Perhaps I'm just phased by gamespot-stylee writing, the staff of which should be forced to try and develop a game.

No, this doesn't really have any relevance, but I thought I'd share, lucky you.

your right about the rubbish journos everywhere but i think you have to compare games to older ones..simply because new games always get things wrong, that were correct in older games.

for instance, if far cry 360 had halos aiming then it would be twice the game. so you need to compare. its crazy that games forget what made previous good games work, it must be the only industry that does it. its not like dvd companies suddenly make menus that dont work...but perfect dark and far cry 360 have controls that almost dont even work. just thoughts.

24 is not shit! Tony and Michelle looked so uninterested though.

1Up show could do with less of those sketch things, like the guy waiting for FFXII to arrive. Not really sure about the point of that.

Thinking about Jane Pinckard sexually makes me feel physically ill. I mean, I don't hate her with the passion of Biglime, but I have extremely low standards in women and even I wouldn't go near her. She has all the pretentions of attractiveness but none of the actual attractive content.

Anyway, as an aside about her talking about game journalism, why is it that it seems to be all Americans talking about the state of it and everything when US game journalism is uniformly awful? I mean, seriously Tim Rogers is probably the best US game journo and that's only because he's the only one trying to do anything more than "Dude, this game like totally rocks, it's got an assload of unlockables and awsome dual-wielding!", and he's still shit.

Also, I'm sick of female game journos repeatedly going on about the plight of women working in the games industry when they have never worked in the games industry. If anyone's going to take a stand maybe it should be someone with some actual fucking experience.

Thinking about Jane Pinckard sexually makes me feel physically ill. I mean, I don't hate her with the passion of Biglime, but I have extremely low standards in women and even I wouldn't go near her. She has all the pretentions of attractiveness but none of the actual attractive content.

I haven't noticed pretentions of attractiveness.. what a troublesome thought..

..who is that podgier brown one? She's alright, we need more of her. Nothing special, but, you know, grasping here..

1Up show could do with less of those sketch things, like the guy waiting for FFXII to arrive. Not really sure about the point of that.

God yes and they need to ditch all the women especially that hippie feminist lesbian blonde person. I was watching some older episodes the other day and they're much better when it's just people talking about games that they are genuinely interested in, even if they don't like them. The DoA4 review is a good example.

Much better than "Oh look I just so happen to have my PSP on me with Untold Legends"

The Podcast is the only thing I look forward to now.

God yes and they need to ditch all the women especially that hippie feminist lesbian blonde person.

I loved the part where she said "So I finished Metroid and she took the helmet off, and not only was she a woman but she looked JUST LIKE ME!"

Yeah, except Nintendo were probably trying to make Samus attractive.

I only watched the first few episodes, then decided the show was hipster crap, but hearing everyone talk about it, I'll give it another try, maybe they've gotten better as they have done more

Nope. Still shite. just more polished shite.

Sorry to all the fans of this show.

VERY sorry

They need to make the British guy from the podcast (who showed up in the Oblivion section on the show this week) a permanent replacement for Che.

Indeed, the British Guy (AKA John Davison, editorial director of 1up) and Garnett Lee are both quite personable on the podcast. The video show, at times, is far too self-concious. Why game shows persist in wasting our time with aimless unfunny skits I'll never know. Just get to the point fellas. Please.

What-the-fuck?

I assume they don't really have scripts or a proper studio and it is a normal office.. right?

Seriously this show is as shit as, but admittedly I'm somewhat compelled due to that.

That guy at that shit art exhibition, he was saying we apparently have better magazines because we can make them thicker due to lower transport costs :P ..maybe I'm wrong here, but is this guy talking bollocks?

And then this guy and his macbook. I love macs and everything.. but to say we'll never have to worry about which hardware to buy for our PCs and so forth.. honestly, this guy is a complete idiot.. I'm not going to even mention all the obvious issues he's missing here. I don't know what it is about the podgy beardie, but I want to punch him in the breasts.

I hate the 1up show, won't be watching the next episode.

Having said that, Loco Roco looks proper wicked.

I hate the 1up show, won't be watching the next episode.

Did you watch it before it became shit? I'm not even going to bother with this episode. I mean a making of the 1up show part. What's the point! They've become so up themselves and care less about the gamin.

Still the podcast was great again, probably because they can't do wank sketches.