rllmuk
Beertiger

Gaming Podcasts

If you like GFW, subscribe to Shawn Elliott's Twitter Feed which is basically just links to videos, gifs, images, reviews etc. You can probably guess what kind of stuff he posts so frequently NSFW!

Already on it matey, thanks.

The live 1upYours from PAX is now online. I could only manage 4 minutes of it before turning it off. Amazingly bad sound quality.

The live 1upYours from PAX is now online. I could only manage 4 minutes of it before turning it off. Amazingly bad sound quality.

worth sticking with just for Shane getting ripped by a fan.

Can you give me the time in the show that happens? I don't think I can listen to it that long before my ears bleed.

What's happened to all the 1up and IGN podcasts this week. There's nothing on iTunes.

PAX is this weekend so they've probably all gone to that.

It was painful, but I listened to it all too. It was better than the regular shows because Luke, John and Shawn were on it. As someone in the audience said though, GFW Radio should do one next time.

GFW is by far the best video games podcast out there full stop. Funny, informative and very entertaining. A live GFW would be fantastic but i do worry that the humour wouldn't carry across to a live platform.

As for 1up i'm getting more and more tired with it. Maybe it's just Garnett... although i do think he brings out the best in Shawn. I dunno... i still listen every week so they must be doing something right.

GFW is by far the best video games podcast out there full stop. Funny, informative and very entertaining. A live GFW would be fantastic but i do worry that the humour wouldn't carry across to a live platform.

As for 1up i'm getting more and more tired with it. Maybe it's just Garnett... although i do think he brings out the best in Shawn. I dunno... i still listen every week so they must be doing something right.

Isn't GFW just PC based?

Isn't GFW just PC based?

supposed to be but never is... dont tell me you havent listend to it capperz?

It's meant to be, but they discuss console games just as much as PC ones, and there's more brilliant off-topic chat than games chat anyway. Since their magazine closed they've wanted to change the name to The Brodeo (or similar) because no doubt many people think it's all just PC games. It's well worth a listen whether you have a PC or not, imo.

Isn't GFW just PC based?

Yeah and although I have no interest in PC gaming, it's fantastic. Shawn's stories, Chuff Love, Jeff Green's wisdom, etc.

Brilliant stuff. Give it a listen, Capone.

microphones?

sounds like FUCKING KAZOOS!!!

;)

Oh, that's almost being too kind.

Haven't these guys ever heard of doing a sound test? They must be fucking kicking themselves, or certainly whoever was actually responsible for the recording.

From having used a bit of Garageband, it seems to me that you'd be able to tell pretty easily if audio levels are distorting.

Someone should release a bootleg recording, if only to shame them further. Talk about a screw up.

There's a user-generated (slightly) cleaned-up version linked to on the 1UP forums but, yeah, the sound quality is terrible. I wasn't that impressed by the content, either. I'd much rather have a regular episode with the same guests - it would be nice if they got Luke back for a proper chat.

So yeah, listened to it, but reading David Ellis' Twitter feed, I think they'll be a new, better-quality version out in a couple of days.

Also, I want to go to PAX next year. Anyone fancy it?

worth sticking with just for Shane getting ripped by a fan.

:lol:

"Why do you hate Sonic?"

"Quick it's a Sega fanboy, NEXT!"

Part 1 of the live show from PAX is available in video form. I've only watched the first minute or so but the sound quality is vastly superior compared with the podcast version.

Part 1 of the live show from PAX is available in video form. I've only watched the first minute or so but the sound quality is vastly superior compared with the podcast version.

Is Garnett drunk again?

Is Garnett drunk again?

I remember them saying on the podcast before that they're so nervous about speaking in front of a crowd that they just go and get drunk beforehand.

I remember them saying on the podcast before that they're so nervous about speaking in front of a crowd that they just go and get drunk beforehand.

Yes, but they also said that on the last live PAX show Garnet was the only one who was'nt drunk. :)