Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chindie said:

TCGS this week had a bit of the old school Joypod feel to it, which is probably the highest complement I can give.

cheers mate. Fierce Poodle is also a bellend.

edit: of course if it wasn’t clear neither are bellends x

5 hours ago, Welrain said:

Haha.  Bellend..you once called me a cunt on a livestream..I can take it.

I really am full laughs aren’t I.

sorry, I hope it’s clear that I’m always mucking about with that stuff.

Backpage Podcast have done the N64 Mini draft this week, and I am absolutely staggered by how badly Matt Castle fucked it. :lol:

I mean, he even decided the categories!  It's almost a clean sweep for Big Sammy Holdings.

Quote of the episode - "Ohhhhhhh, shiiiiiiit...."

13 minutes ago, Popo said:

Backpage Podcast have done the N64 Mini draft this week, and I am absolutely staggered by how badly Matt Castle fucked it. :lol:

I mean, he even decided the categories!  It's almost a clean sweep for Big Sammy Holdings.

Quote of the episode - "Ohhhhhhh, shiiiiiiit...."

Disagree.

Spoiler

Matt had F-Zero X dagnabbit. And Mystical Ninja. He definitely went for the more niche offerings and I do like that. Perfect Dark and Goldeneye have aged horribly. And the cracks are starting to show in Mario 64 after playing the Switch collection.

And finally, even though it didn't make his list, Matt gave a shout out to Sucker Punchs best game, Rocket Robot on Wheels. :wub:

I agree with you, Popo. Seemed certain that Castle would smash this one but it all started to go a bit pear-shaped for me from Action RPG onwards. 

Spoiler

I think a Mario 64/Ocarina double-header is the only way you can counter Goldeneye/Perfect Dark. Majora's may well be the trendy choice - or even the better game - but you need the big marquee titles on the thing and Ocarina is just too definitive to pass up

Really loved this episode. Particularly after what I found to be a rather dry episode on immersive sims. Sometimes the guests feel a bit like they're getting in the way of Sam and Matthew chatting away like mates, which is where a lot of the fun comes from. When they started totting up the multiplayer games they had 😆

Also; N64; what a fucking machine. You could easily make another decent mini with the stuff they passed up on. 

I’m off to give Matthew Castle Productions a vote on twitter, just out of pity really. If this keeps up, Big Sammy will be doing a hostile takeover of MCP and sacking all the staff.  

edit: maybe not, Basil Pesto is way ahead in the poll. 

Definitely thought there were some off beat choices there! Really enjoyed the episode though. 

Spoiler

Agree, think Matthew's choices went a bit niche in the end! 

Surprised there was no choices by either of them of Diddy Kong Racing or Wave Race 64. Perhaps Blast Corps too. 

Think Matthew only wins on the Mario 64, F-Zero X and Smash Bros categories. 

Samuel went first and chose Goldeneye in the shooter category which was clearly an error since he could have chosen it first in the licensed category, then got Perfect Dark in shooter category which I'd have then used made in UK category to get another Rare game - probably Diddy Kong Racing. 

Complete list here: https://twitter.com/BackPagePod/status/1442459015280095234?s=19

Waverace is the big oversight, no doubt. But I’m glad WWF No Mercy got a shoutout, that game (and Wrestlemania 2000) were excellent - completely transcended the sport from which the were inspired. I’d love a 4K 60fps update of a game in that engine - not even a license, just made up fighters, I’d actually prefer that!

2 hours ago, Popo said:

And he wanted Turok at first, had to be told to take Doom. :lol:

I really love Matt. This episode just made me love him more. 

The noise he made when they were describing the JCs Kitchen hash was amazing (especially as only moments earlier Sam was wondering how it had become such a prominent part of their podcast lore)

46 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

@murray absolutely slays it with the Blue Yeti ad on this week’s TCGS. What a talent.

Just came in to post the same. Hilarious. The bit where it cuts to 

Spoiler

Dry Your Eyes Mate

had me howling. Fantastic work.