Gaming Podcasts

Liking the games of the generation on back page pod. Both of them are quite listenable and I definitely get flashbacks to Chet and John vibes. 

It’s staying on the subscribe list for sure. 

The Watch Out for Fireball guys have done a three and a half hour commentary on The Last of Us, which I enjoyed a lot. I'm going to sign up for their Patreon, I think, so I can access their Sekiro episodes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I'm not listening to the next main show, in protest at Dodgy Dave's cheating shennanigans...

He's always on top of the others shenanigans and then pulling them up for it. 

I think it's because he's projecting his own deviant brain ethics. 

Poor show, but is making for a great 'bonus' show.

1 minute ago, TheShend said:

He's always on top of the others shenanigans and then pulling them up for it. 

I think it's because he's projecting his own deviant brain ethics. 

Poor show, but is making for a great 'bonus' show.

Yep, bonus shows are good, but tbh, I might be done with the E3 shows now, unless he does it again next year, and does it properly!

2 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

For those of us not in the know, what has(n't) happened?

The TCGS tradition is for 1 host to go completely dark over E3 - completely avoid any news or any possible source of news basically meaning leaving the internet for the extent of the event and then they record a podcast where the other hosts tell them about what happened and get their reaction (including a few lies usually). 

This year the host whose turn it was seems to have pretty much thrown the concept in the bin and apparently has been very active online. Made all the funnier because said host has been very vocal about people cheating like this before. But it may be a ruse.

1 hour ago, Welrain said:

@elmo is clearly setting them up. The fools. That’s my e3 prediction.

Yeah, he's got wife Jo to do all the logging on and stuff. It's obvious he's winding them up and possibly even more obvious they are deliberately falling for it. 

All good larks, love these guys. Gonna go on a particularly long dog walk tomorrow morning to get all the fat juicy goss'. 

9 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Yeah, he's got wife Jo to do all the logging on and stuff. It's obvious he's winding them up and possibly even more obvious they are deliberately falling for it. 

All good larks, love these guys. Gonna go on a particularly long dog walk tomorrow morning to get all the fat juicy goss'. 

The main show's delayed until Thursday this week, due to the epic Bandai Namco showcase taking up their time tonight. :D

11 minutes ago, ulala said:

I know you cant please everyone, and i know its "banter", but the opening section of the current podcast is exactly why the David Turner character needed an apology a couple of years ago.

"Disliked" and "Unsubscribed".

Thing about this sort of scenario with TcGs is that there will always be some people who take it too seriously and start to think of it as something other than entertainment. 

And if your answer to that is that ‘but it’s not entertaining’ then I would argue that a huge amount of the audience find that it is and that it might be that that particular section or skit just isn’t for you. Luckily you can just skip it and get to the conference stuff.