rllmuk
Beertiger

Gaming Podcasts

On 02/04/2020 at 15:25, Zael said:

Hey all, one last plug for our goty podcast if that's ok. All 5 episodes are up now which include: Best Looking, Best New Mechanic or Feature, Best Music, Best Looking, Best Moment or Sequence, Worst Mechanic, Best Writing, Worst Game and Game of the Year. All in the Giant Bomb goty format.

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/double-click-boys-game-of-the-year-2019-b4jSM-RPkFr/

Thanks for this. I gave the GOTY show a listen this evening while playing AC. I'll go back and give the other shows a listen, too, although I might give Best Moment a miss for fear of spoilers. Must be nice having a best mate and brother as into you games as you are!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Thanks for this. I gave the GOTY show a listen this evening while playing AC. I'll go back and give the other shows a listen, too, although I might give Best Moment a miss for fear of spoilers. Must be nice having a best mate and brother as into you games as you are!

Ah thanks very much! Hope you enjoyed it. Haha yeah it's pretty great, handy for multiplayer games.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zael said:

Ah thanks very much! Hope you enjoyed it. Haha yeah it's pretty great, handy for multiplayer games.

I'm surprised you all managed to get through so many 2019 games, to be honest. I haven't yet played half the games your were discussing. Is Remnant: From the Ashes that Soulslike with guns? I'd dismissed it before now but may go back to it seeing as it made your shortlist.

4 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I'm surprised you all managed to get through so many 2019 games, to be honest. I haven't yet played half the games your were discussing. Is Remnant: From the Ashes that Soulslike with guns? I'd dismissed it before now but may go back to it seeing as it made your shortlist.

Yep that's the one. It's a fun co-op game I'm just not sure how it stands up as a single player one. 

• Upvote 1

Recently teamed up with Ray Carsillo from EGM to talk games for the Lockdown. 

• Upvote 3

We've put a couple of new episodes out recently. Episode 33 covered Undertale and Syphon Filter, while episode 34 featured SOS: The Final Escape and Assassin's Creed 3.

Thanks as ever to everyone here who has supported the podcast so far, it means a huge amount. A quick clip from Episode 33:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/playing-catch-up/id827542901?mt=2

RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/PlayingCatch-up

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/29WV4ku5tVt5PisLTgxT0e

• Upvote 5

It's years old now but I started listening to Dark Calls tonight while mooching about in Animal Crossing. Essentially it's James from TGCS playing Dark Souls for the first time while getting "advice" from @elmo and for such a simple premise it's hilarious if you know the game. One episode where James rings Dave to ask him for him how to kick while Dave's mother-in-law is round for tea absolutely slayed me :lol:

I couldn't find all the episodes on Spotify but they're on Google Podcasts:

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9zcG9uZy5jb20vcG9kY2FzdHMvZGFya2NhbGxzL3N1YnNjcmliZS54bWw

Recommended!

• Upvote 4

224.png

In this episode Tactical advisor Mads Kristensen, sends commanding officer Chris Worthington – a decorated veteran who fought in the Willy Wars – into the fray once more as we battle our way through Advance Wars on the Gameboy Advance.

Special thanks to all of our Patreon’s who made this episode possible, especially in these trying times. Stay Safe!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/retroasylum/Episode_224_Advance_Wars.mp3

• Upvote 1

On 11/04/2020 at 00:01, Jamie John said:

It's years old now but I started listening to Dark Calls tonight while mooching about in Animal Crossing. Essentially it's James from TGCS playing Dark Souls for the first time while getting "advice" from @elmo and for such a simple premise it's hilarious if you know the game. One episode where James rings Dave to ask him for him how to kick while Dave's mother-in-law is round for tea absolutely slayed me :lol:

I couldn't find all the episodes on Spotify but they're on Google Podcasts:

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9zcG9uZy5jb20vcG9kY2FzdHMvZGFya2NhbGxzL3N1YnNjcmliZS54bWw

Recommended!

I finished listening to this today. Just to reiterate that I really enjoyed the series overall and would definitely recommend it to any other Souls heads. What's also really interesting is the 'What have you been playing' conversations that they have at the start of each call - listening to their predictions about the future 5 years later was good fun and made me smile knowingly a lot. Really funny, as ever, too. Definitely worth your time.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

I finished listening to this today. Just to reiterate that I really enjoyed the series overall and would definitely recommend it to any other Souls heads. What's also really interesting is the 'What have you been playing' conversations that they have at the start of each call - listening to their predictions about the future 5 years later was good fun and made me smile knowingly a lot. Really funny, as ever, too. Definitely worth your time.

Now listen to Star Calls.

Again, if you've heard it before.

• Upvote 2

I keep forgetting to post here. But latest podcast is live. On the gaming side we chat Lonely Mountains: Downhill, Streets of Rage 4, Ace Combat 7, Animal Crossing, Gear Tactics

Despite us both being a bit frazzled from STAYING ALERT, both @bradigor and I managed some quality conversation this week. And yep, following testing can confirm we are still both Lerts.

• Upvote 1

Gaming chat - Golf With You Friends, NBA 2K20, Fury Unleashed and more. 

• Upvote 1

Latest podcast is up. On the gaming side we chat SHMUPs, Nex Machina, Turmoil, Atomicrops, Bug Fables and Red Wings: Aces of the Sky

Also, here is the video version we are trying to develop. 

• Upvote 1

So when did TCGS turn into the Giant Bombcast? I thought I’d give the PS5 special a go and it took like 45 minutes to get to the PS5 stuff and it’s 3 hours long!

• Upvote 1

It's not normally much more than 2hrs. This week is an anomaly, but seems appropriate for a pretty big week. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stanshall said:

It's not normally much more than 2hrs. This week is an anomaly, but seems appropriate for a pretty big week. 

I suppose James Farley fanfic does make it a pretty special occasion. Fair enough. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I suppose James Farley fanfic does make it a pretty special occasion. Fair enough. 

I thought this was hilarious. The bead of sweat rolling down David Cage's midriff was delightfully horrible.

As much as each episode has become a highlight of my week, they do half talk some old bollocks. Why are none of them (bar Murray) interested in Demon Souls?! James and Dave both immediately said they weren't interested, even after they both waxed lyrical about Dark Souls and did a whole separate podcast about it. And all of them are too wet to play Resi 8, despite agreeing how good it looks! :lol: