rllmuk
Beertiger

Gaming Podcasts

12 hours ago, Billy Brown said:

Yes, that’s it. In the main episodes we discuss one older game each that we have recently played for the first time, picked by the other person in the previous episode.

Sometimes we put out episodes in-between where we round up a few things we’ve been playing in recent weeks - but even then it tends to be older stuff.

Hope you enjoy it. Any feedback always appreciated!

Sounds right up my street!

subscribed 

1 hour ago, sandman said:

Sounds right up my street!

subscribed 

Thanks so much. If you have any feedback once you've taken a listen please do give me a shout.

I'm a regular listener @Billy Brown and glad to see you back after a period.

My only comment is that sometimes the recording is a bit quiet. On the occasions where I don't listen on headphones, it's not always the easiest to hear.

But I like what you're doing, and the fact you are talking about a range of games in the latest episodes definitely helps.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Butters said:

I'm a regular listener @Billy Brown and glad to see you back after a period.

My only comment is that sometimes the recording is a bit quiet. On the occasions where I don't listen on headphones, it's not always the easiest to hear.

But I like what you're doing, and the fact you are talking about a range of games in the latest episodes definitely helps.

Ah, thanks so much for this. We know the figures show listener numbers are slowly rising but we currently get little interaction from listeners, so this is so nice to hear.

Thanks for the point about the volume too. It's definitely been an issue in the past and something I've tried tinkering with. I'll take another look at it.

• Upvote 1

On 16/07/2019 at 17:32, Billy Brown said:

Here's the show in iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/playing-catch-up/id827542901?mt=2

Alternatively, search for Playing Catch-up in your podcast app of choice, or add the feed URL manually:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/PlayingCatch-up

Or! Stream episodes on Spotify:

Just want to say thanks to anybody who has taken the time to listen to the latest episode. I said near the beginning of recording just how much I was looking forward to talking about these two games, and I hope that comes across!

• Upvote 1

Well this is weird.

CaOmLXC.jpg

My app has played up a bit so this might be completely unique to me, but for some reason the TCGS feed seems to be hosting an odd American family D&D podcast for me as well at the moment.

I hope it happened the other way round too, so a nice American family people were gathered round the iPod listening to the D&D podcast when suddenly those cunts start on about video games and shit. Granny loses it.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:15, Billy Brown said:

Thanks so much. If you have any feedback once you've taken a listen please do give me a shout.

Hi Billy!

Great podcast. If I were to offer any criticism than I would say

1 - Get some music in the podcast!

2 - maybe a 3 person team would work even better than a 2 person one

Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, sandman said:

Hi Billy!

Great podcast. If I were to offer any criticism than I would say

1 - Get some music in the podcast!

2 - maybe a 3 person team would work even better than a 2 person one

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for coming back with this!

On the point around music, do you mean short stings to play between discussion of different games? Or a constant bed to talk over? I've thought about doing the former a few times. Our current intro / outro music was kindly donated by @Shoes but I've been toying with commissioning somebody to put together new theme music along with shorter pieces I can use between game chat when editing.

Thanks for the point about the number of people too. It's an interesting one. The concept for the show was very much built around two people, with us each setting the other the next game they have to go and play before the next episode. I don't know how well that would work with three. However, we've built on that slightly with having more general episodes around what we've been playing recently in-between so we can get episodes out more consistently. I guess we could potentially look at getting a guest in on the odd episode and see how it works (if enough people feel more voices would be better).

Genuine thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful.

While I'm here I might as well mention the new episode came out this week featuring discussion around:

• Stories Untold
  • lilt line
  • Zero Time Dilemma
  • Ridge Racer 7 (and a few other Ridge Racer games)
  • The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human

iTunes / Spotify / Website

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Billy Brown said:

Thanks for coming back with this!

On the point around music, do you mean short stings to play between discussion of different games? Or a constant bed to talk over? I've thought about doing the former a few times. Our current intro / outro music was kindly donated by @Shoes but I've been toying with commissioning somebody to put together new theme music along with shorter pieces I can use between game chat when editing.

Thanks for the point about the number of people too. It's an interesting one. The concept for the show was very much built around two people, with us each setting the other the next game they have to go and play before the next episode. I don't know how well that would work with three. However, we've built on that slightly with having more general episodes around what we've been playing recently in-between so we can get episodes out more consistently. I guess we could potentially look at getting a guest in on the odd episode and see how it works (if enough people feel more voices would be better).

Genuine thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful.

While I'm here I might as well mention the new episode came out this week featuring discussion around:

• Stories Untold
  • lilt line
  • Zero Time Dilemma
  • Ridge Racer 7 (and a few other Ridge Racer games)
  • The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human

iTunes / Spotify / Website

The former in respect of the music.

the reason I mentioned a third person is that pretty much all my fave podcasts ever had 3-4 people. I think my fave podcasts of all time are Filmsack, Weekend confirmed and cane and rinse which all have 3-4 people 

Visiting the village is the only 2 person podcast I ever loved (although Chet and John and Checkpoints were also very good)

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

Wha?! I had just found out about the show, and had added it to my feed.

I keep doing this!

Listen to the episode. All might not be as it seems :)