Gaming Podcasts

2 hours ago, meatbin said:

Any recommendations that the length and style of the now deceased Glixl and WayPoint podcasts?   

So far I also listen to TCGS & Cane and Rinse, but I'd like something that has news & discussion and comes in at around 60-90 min.

Have you tried the Easy Allies podcast? They discuss the latest industry news and discussions, usually runs for about 90 minutes each episode. Have it as a video and audio versions.

Thought of another one I like, What's Good Games

Is the Easy Allies podcast similar to how they were at Game Trailers?

DLC is entertaining enough, they don't seem to react to some topics in the way the more populist commentators seem to, news followed by games being played talk and sometimes VR and board games, as Jeff Cannata is a big fan of both mediums, been following him for years across his various shows.

I am really considering trying to come along to see TCGS on stage. This and Joypod have been such a big part of my life for the past X years. They’ve managed to keeping me interested in games. 

Its a a great gig you’ve sorted there @murray and no mistake. May see you there. 

If anyone is interested, I've just spoken to Heinali, the composer for Bound on PS4 for my podcast DorkTunes.

Will be on DorkTunes.com soon, and all the usual other places too. 

Over the last few years, we have spoken to lots of others, like Austin Wintory, Jessica Curry, Garry Schyman and soooo many more. 

On 14/02/2018 at 22:28, murray said:

Anyone off to Rezzed this year? Because we're doing a live show on the Sunday.

I've been meaning to ask - I subbed to you with Prime and assumed it would roll over, but do I have to redo it each month? For shame I don't watch anything (I love the podcast though) but thought you guys would benefit from an otherwise unused sub.

23 hours ago, DC said:

I've been meaning to ask - I subbed to you with Prime and assumed it would roll over, but do I have to redo it each month? For shame I don't watch anything (I love the podcast though) but thought you guys would benefit from an otherwise unused sub.

Ello Led!

nah prime subs are for one month only. After that you need to resub.

thabks for the support, man. It’s appreciated.

36 minutes ago, deerokus said:

The beastcast is 100 times better than the bombcast. The east coast giant bomb people are just way more entertaining. 

Videogamer has lost all its talent over the last couple of years. 

I wonder what caused the mass exodus from Videogamer.

Everyone just fancying a change at the same time?

I'll give beastcast a go. What's the idea behind it - is it just a spin off of bombast?

47 minutes ago, Mr Luke said:

I'll give beastcast a go. What's the idea behind it - is it just a spin off of bombast?

It's the New York office of Giant Bomb (whose main office is in San Francisco). For various reasons the more entertaining members live in New York these days. 

1 hour ago, elmo said:

Ello Led!

nah prime subs are for one month only. After that you need to resub.

thabks for the support, man. It’s appreciated.

I've been trying to sort this out tonight but have found myself going around in circles. Could @murray put an idiots guide in here? I'd PM but thought it might be of interest to others. I'll try and stay on top of it then.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Mr Luke said:

Yeah Videogamer losing all their big personalities almost at the same time was pretty shit. Jim & Burns then Dave all leaving around the same time and I don't think Miller does anything for the site anymore either? I felt bad for the two new people they got in just before it all kind of went downhill. They had something really unique going on there in terms of the UK games media it's a shame it all ended so suddenly.

Beastcast is decent but I find Abby can be a bit hit or miss sometimes. Definitely better than the Bombcast. I'd recommend 8-4 Play but they often tend to focus on Japanese games since that's what they work on for a living.

17 hours ago, Mafro said:

Yeah Videogamer losing all their big personalities almost at the same time was pretty shit. Jim & Burns then Dave all leaving around the same time and I don't think Miller does anything for the site anymore either? I felt bad for the two new people they got in just before it all kind of went downhill. They had something really unique going on there in terms of the UK games media it's a shame it all ended so suddenly.

Yeah I heard an interview with one of the new people (on the strongly recommended 1099 podcast). She put a brave face on it but it must have been quite distressing to be brought on as a lower level member of the team - then about a month later she was made the editor and told to just get on with it. With only one e other full time staff member. 

5 hours ago, Haribokart said:

Just go here.

Thanks but I've made a mistake somewhere as it won't let me pay with Prime - it's just asks for a dollar amount.

This is it guys - you're (I'm) old when you can't do something simple on a website.

10 hours ago, Mafro said:

Beastcast is decent but I find Abby can be a bit hit or miss sometimes. Definitely better than the Bombcast. I'd recommend 8-4 Play but they often tend to focus on Japanese games since that's what they work on for a living.

I'll give 8-4 play a go as most of my games these days tend to be Japanese, on the 3DS and PS4. Cheers for the heads up

https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1301766

Jeff Green & Shawn Elliott on the GWJ podcast this week. Looks like I'm listening to my first episode in five years. Hopefully they don't drone on and on about board games. 

**Edit**

Did a search for GWJ in this thread and my last two posts on the matter (2014 and 2011) both read almost identically to this one. Seems I last listened regularly in 2010. Do they still never stfu about board games or am I being harsh? 

Edited by Naysonymous