Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

If anyone is interested, I've just spoken to Heinali, the composer for Bound on PS4 for my podcast DorkTunes.

Will be on DorkTunes.com soon, and all the usual other places too. 

Over the last few years, we have spoken to lots of others, like Austin Wintory, Jessica Curry, Garry Schyman and soooo many more. 

On 14/02/2018 at 22:28, murray said:

Anyone off to Rezzed this year? Because we're doing a live show on the Sunday.

I've been meaning to ask - I subbed to you with Prime and assumed it would roll over, but do I have to redo it each month? For shame I don't watch anything (I love the podcast though) but thought you guys would benefit from an otherwise unused sub.

23 hours ago, DC said:

I've been meaning to ask - I subbed to you with Prime and assumed it would roll over, but do I have to redo it each month? For shame I don't watch anything (I love the podcast though) but thought you guys would benefit from an otherwise unused sub.

Ello Led!

nah prime subs are for one month only. After that you need to resub.

thabks for the support, man. It’s appreciated.

36 minutes ago, deerokus said:

The beastcast is 100 times better than the bombcast. The east coast giant bomb people are just way more entertaining. 

Videogamer has lost all its talent over the last couple of years. 

I wonder what caused the mass exodus from Videogamer.

Everyone just fancying a change at the same time?

I'll give beastcast a go. What's the idea behind it - is it just a spin off of bombast?

47 minutes ago, Mr Luke said:

I'll give beastcast a go. What's the idea behind it - is it just a spin off of bombast?

It's the New York office of Giant Bomb (whose main office is in San Francisco). For various reasons the more entertaining members live in New York these days. 

1 hour ago, elmo said:

Ello Led!

nah prime subs are for one month only. After that you need to resub.

thabks for the support, man. It’s appreciated.

I've been trying to sort this out tonight but have found myself going around in circles. Could @murray put an idiots guide in here? I'd PM but thought it might be of interest to others. I'll try and stay on top of it then.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Mr Luke said:

Yeah Videogamer losing all their big personalities almost at the same time was pretty shit. Jim & Burns then Dave all leaving around the same time and I don't think Miller does anything for the site anymore either? I felt bad for the two new people they got in just before it all kind of went downhill. They had something really unique going on there in terms of the UK games media it's a shame it all ended so suddenly.

Beastcast is decent but I find Abby can be a bit hit or miss sometimes. Definitely better than the Bombcast. I'd recommend 8-4 Play but they often tend to focus on Japanese games since that's what they work on for a living.

17 hours ago, Mafro said:

Yeah Videogamer losing all their big personalities almost at the same time was pretty shit. Jim & Burns then Dave all leaving around the same time and I don't think Miller does anything for the site anymore either? I felt bad for the two new people they got in just before it all kind of went downhill. They had something really unique going on there in terms of the UK games media it's a shame it all ended so suddenly.

Yeah I heard an interview with one of the new people (on the strongly recommended 1099 podcast). She put a brave face on it but it must have been quite distressing to be brought on as a lower level member of the team - then about a month later she was made the editor and told to just get on with it. With only one e other full time staff member. 

5 hours ago, Haribokart said:

Just go here.

Thanks but I've made a mistake somewhere as it won't let me pay with Prime - it's just asks for a dollar amount.

This is it guys - you're (I'm) old when you can't do something simple on a website.

10 hours ago, Mafro said:

Beastcast is decent but I find Abby can be a bit hit or miss sometimes. Definitely better than the Bombcast. I'd recommend 8-4 Play but they often tend to focus on Japanese games since that's what they work on for a living.

I'll give 8-4 play a go as most of my games these days tend to be Japanese, on the 3DS and PS4. Cheers for the heads up

https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1301766

Jeff Green & Shawn Elliott on the GWJ podcast this week. Looks like I'm listening to my first episode in five years. Hopefully they don't drone on and on about board games. 

**Edit**

Did a search for GWJ in this thread and my last two posts on the matter (2014 and 2011) both read almost identically to this one. Seems I last listened regularly in 2010. Do they still never stfu about board games or am I being harsh? 

Edited by Naysonymous

On 2/21/2018 at 20:55, Naysonymous said:

https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/1301766

Jeff Green & Shawn Elliott on the GWJ podcast this week. Looks like I'm listening to my first episode in five years. Hopefully they don't drone on and on about board games. 

**Edit**

Did a search for GWJ in this thread and my last two posts on the matter (2014 and 2011) both read almost identically to this one. Seems I last listened regularly in 2010. Do they still never stfu about board games or am I being harsh? 

Love Jeff and Elliott , but I gave up on the GWJ because of the board games too along with the fact that the host would say the words "couch co-op" almost every 30 seconds. It was infuriating.

4 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

It's a decent listen.  Interesting to see how much Shawn has moved on with his life, he's well and truly over the little golden period that CGW/GFW seemed to be at the time. Jeff Green is still very much Jeff Green, which is no bad thing at all. 

I really enjoyed the chat. Jeff is always great, as is Shawn. Shawn has definitely calmed down but still has a lot to say about the industry.

thanks for flagging this one up!

Definitely going to give that a listen. The few podcasts Shawn has been on since working in games have been really interesting. 

I’m really struggling with gaming podcasts these days. I don’t even bother trying to listen to the Bombcast any more and the Beastcast is ok but not that interesting - maybe it’s just a slow time of the year. 

TCGS is the only one I look forward to. Jon Denton has been great on it as well - I would love to have Chet and Jon’s back but Jon on TCGS is a great alternative. 

I think if anything, lots of the other podcasts I listen to need a bit more arguing. I can see the difficulty when the people on the podcast are your coworkers and maybe not your best mates but the giant bombcast could probably do with someone bullying the hell out of Ben Pack and Brad. 

The beastcast has got Vinny who can ridicule you when you’re being daft in a nice way and Bakalar who has absolutely no issues telling you if you’re talking nonsense. 

I didn’t listen to GB when Ryan was around but he was apparently great at it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the plug.

I’ve been working on a podcast with a few others from another much smaller forum.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mfgamers/id1318429602

We’re trying to do something a little different and each week there’s something wildly different from the week before.

So far we have had specials like Christmas memories, Game of the Year (but done in a slightly different way than you might expect), fighting games, the history of Burnout, game music specials, 20 Questions where the host talks to a mystery guest and at the end of each month we do a Play/Want/Bin general discussion.

We’re really only making it for the members of the forum but if any of that sounds worth a listen, give it a go.

Non-ITunes podcast players can copy this link to subscribe - http://podcast.mfgamers.net/feed.xml