rllmuk
Beertiger

Gaming Podcasts

I was also lolling when they mentioned Peter Molyneux 2.

Isn't that, you know, Capone Adam or something?

I was toying with the idea of making an Emo Garnett Twitter account to see if it could replicate the fun of Evil Garnett. I fear I am not witty enough to make it work though.

Capone's Molyneux is fantastic. A mention on Idle Thumbs is up there with a quote in edge in my books! Well done man.

Also, and this isn't meant to sound self congratulatory (as i have nothing to do with this) but his feature on the last Joypod made me piss myself laughing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's another new Idle Thumbs out. Awesome.

I've just started listening to the Gamespy Debriefings and finding it genuinely funny. The R-word thing a couple of weeks ago had me trying not to shake in bed/wake the wife I was laughing that much.

Not really read the rest of the thread - but do you not like it much, Mafro? If not, you may want to give this week's a listen.

I've just started listening to the Gamespy Debriefings and finding it genuinely funny. The R-word thing a couple of weeks ago had me trying not to shake in bed/wake the wife I was laughing that much.

Not really read the rest of the thread - but do you not like it much, Mafro? If not, you may want to give this week's a listen.

No I'm not a fan at all, but I heard what happened on it :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who's a big fan of the De-brief

"OH BOY!"

• Upvote 1

Video of the Bombcast PAX panel is up.

Rich's hair! :lol:

WTS x1 Brad Shoemaker

WTB x1 Rich Gallup

What could have been...

No I'm not a fan at all, but I heard what happened on it :lol:

Unless it ended with Anthony battering Bromley to death then I'm not interested.

• Upvote 2

Hello all,

Just to let you know we're doing something a bit different on Resonance FM at the moment. It's called No Continues, it's a videogame book club and I've just put up the first show recording. It's sort of fun -- a handful of people who have know nothing and everything about games revisiting some interesting pieces from across gaming history.

It obviously has things in common with OLL (e.g. me, Ann) but it's also tonally different. Not least because we actually talk about games.

The first 'episode' is on the site now if you want to give it a shot. I've not listened to it yet but it was super fun to do.

ste xx

Got a spare 10 hours?

1up Yours (2007) is now up on the This Year blog.

http://thisyearcollection.blogspot.com/2011/04/7-1up-yours-2007.html

Timestamps

Part 1

0:02:00 - Introductions

0:06:00 - What'cha Been Playing?

1:53:00 - Message board threads

3:28:00 - Four Minute Warning

Part 2

0:01:00 - Seanbaby's most hated games

0:21:00 - Multiplatform gaming

0:53:00 - Mitch Gitelman (FASA Studios, Shadowrun) interview

2:18:00 - Jeff Gerstmann's termination from GameSpot

2:46:00 - News

5:05:00 - Goodbyes

5:19:00 - Gag reel

• Upvote 5

Jesus the Gamespy Debriefings is terrible. Why do those two unfunny people think they are the shit? And then they rip into their fans for being unfunny to top it off. Is it some sort of meta thing that I'm just not getting?

• Upvote 4

I love the Debriefings. My favourite podcast :wub:

I sent them a box of sweets and biscuits from Ireland yesterday. I hope they like them! They won't have them by the time they record this weeks show, but hopefully next week.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Patrick Klepek has joined GiantBomb.

Truly horrific news. :(

Oh dear. I'd hope he doesn't make it onto the podcast but with his history it seems inevitable. :(

His loudmouth presence is going to upset the delicate balance of every single future Bombcast isn't it. :(

God I hope I'm wrong.

Small shout out for the One Life Left spin-off series "No Continues". Started slowly, but really enjoyed the most recent ep (Physics Games).

Basically a "reading club" format, with three games discussed each week by a panel of newbie and veteran game players.

This week's ep has inspired me to try out GIRP

• Upvote 1

What's wrong with Klepek, out of interest? He's pretty respected as a news-dude so I assume he has prior podcast form?

I only listened to the first ten minutes or so of the latest Bombcast but he didn't seem too offensive.

It's his past podcast form, yeah. He's always been rather loud and obnoxious, completely upsetting the balance of every podcast he featured in. You're right though, in that he hasn't been too bad early on in the Bombcast. Perhaps just settling in? Or perhaps he's calmed down since the 1up days.

Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

Listening to the Best of 1up 2007. They really were the glory days, cna't believe they're over. I don't think we'll ever get gaming podcasts that are ast good as 1up Yours and GFW.

Sad thing is, although i've really enjoyed this trip down memory lane... it's completely killed off Weekend Confirmed for me.

Sad thing is, although i've really enjoyed this trip down memory lane... it's completely killed off Weekend Confirmed for me.

Couldn't agree more. It's become exceptionally boring recently, I wish they'd realise that describing what happens in games doesn't make good listening.