rllmuk
Beertiger

Gaming Podcasts

Probably Not Funniez too but people keep asking me to do this so here it is!

For the first few shows we did on SPOnG, we had a sponsor. Bill's Independent Game Shop ran a series of ads at the start ofthe show and here they all are:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

For those who missed it or never knew it happened ...

This is a GAMING podcast thread. Gamespy Debriefings has no place here.

No idea. But with Scott Bromley still on it I assume they talk 10 seconds about games and then the rest his him doing his usual 'comedy' schtick.

See, I dont mind "comedy" per say, the best gaming podcasts were all fantastically funny (I am thinking GFW Radio, Idle Thumbs, and hey, even the Bombcast has its moments) but there was content there too. I think Scott Bromley's problem is his one joke is to just derail everything as quickly as possible. There must be a voice in his head that makes him hyperventilate if he hasnt changed the subject to something inane within 15 seconds of anybody saying anything remotely interesting.

been listening to some Rebel FM on a suggestion. Holy cow bells, when did this wreck of a podcast get awesome? Might be my new favorite listen.

After Phil and Nick left. So about two years ago. :P

Is Arthur still a massive twat?

Yeah, this week he talked about how his skull candy headphone are awesome because they have great bass response <_<

I think Scott Bromley's problem is his one joke is to just derail everything as quickly as possible. There must be a voice in his head that makes him hyperventilate if he hasnt changed the subject to something inane within 15 seconds of anybody saying anything remotely interesting.

Given that Bromley has stated he used to be the fat kid at school growing up, it's kinda understandable that he has this alpha-performer persona to him (given that he used that to get by and not be a victim). I think him being on a podcast with too relatively shy types like Ryan & Anthony is a really good mix.

Plus I don't think he dominates or loves the sound of his own voice ANYTHING like as much as Shawn did back on GFW.

Oh Shane & Mark on the 8-4 podcast are a good listen this week, though the AMOUNT of discussion they have on the NGP is one of the reasons I don't listen as regularly to pure gaming discussion podcasts.

But warning to Kiwi Cake, Phil K does feature and even goes as far as defending big retail in the form of Gamestop. Hmmm ... wonder why.

:sherlock:

RebelFM has been great since boring Phhil and dull as fuck Suttner left and that infamous episode 8 with Robert Ashley.

And I love the Debriefings. It's probably my favourite podcast. Makes me laugh out loud every week. Fuck the haters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

God, I miss Bills Independent Game Shop - best thing on ANY podcast - any chance of it rising from the ashes?

Nice to see that Weekend Confirmed is getting on track now that that idiot Leahy has left.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

God, I miss Bills Independent Game Shop - best thing on ANY podcast - any chance of it rising from the ashes?

I think he's into drugs now :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

and that infamous episode 8 with Robert Ashley.

That was the last episode I listened to. Not only because he was the most annoying man on the planet on that episode but because the audience reaction said, "yes! We want more episodes like that!" So I haven't been back since.

• Downvote 2

OLL is back on the go folks, seem like they were sitting on a heap of episodes as they put out 3 i one week.

The only American gaming podcast I listen to at the moment is Gamers with Jobs. All the rest of my listening is Gamerdork and Joypod. I'm just fed up with the vapid rants, Next Big Thing obsession, and "critics pretending to be industry analysts" of the US podcasts. The Brits are the only ones producing quality material at the moment.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

RebelFM has been great since boring Phhil and dull as fuck Suttner left and that infamous episode 8 with Robert Ashley.

And I love the Debriefings. It's probably my favourite podcast. Makes me laugh out loud every week. Fuck the haters.

Rebel FM is pretty good every time, it's just the moron that snorts really loudly that nearly ruins it. He sounds like he's ill and it is disgusting.

Debriefings, when it isn't seemingly just a bunch of teenagers shouting over each other trying to say the zaniest and obscure thing, can be great.

• Downvote 2

I did all the spong/joypod 'casts over a few days back in january.

same old... which is a good thing, I guess?

I did all the spong/joypod 'casts over a few days back in january.

same old... which is a good thing, I guess?

We've brought on board a third presenter now which seems to have shaken it up a bit.

Hoping to introduce a few features soon too.

I'll say one thing, we're enjoying doing the show a lot more these days.

Edit: Oh and the "magnetic" stuff people have been sending in has been amazing.

The guy from DZ, Sean? Adds really well to the dynamic of your show elmo, not that it was getting stale, but his particular take on things has refreshed the show, whilst not really compromising the tone of it. Good work.

Can I grumble about Ryan O'Donnell again? Dunno if he is going to be a regular on Rebel FM or whether he is just around for the Dead Space 2 game club feature, but either way he has been on the last three or four shows and he is a bit of a tit isnt he?

I just listened to the latest one where he was pissing his pants with laughter when Anthony asked him to explain what a Roguelike was.

- "You dont know what a Roguelike is? LOL LOL LOL LOL"

- "Er, Ryan, I was being the voice of the audience. That's kinda how podcasts and radio work..."

It might be a small thing to get annoyed about, but when Ryan O'Donnell is not being boring he is being fucking stupid and boring. A few weeks ago he told one of the people who wrote a letter in that he should start smoking weed, which is a bit irresponsible when a large part of the audience are still in their mid teens, and I think the week after that they were talking about the apocalypse. I cant remember the exact way the conversation went so this will be as badly paraphrased as the roguelike thing above, but Ryan was talking at great length about how interesting it would be if a zombie apocalypse or a tsunami hit his home town of San Francisco because he thinks his experience with videogames will enable him to quickly learn the new skills needed to thrive in a post apocalyptic environment. He went on about this for three or four minutes and he was being completely serious about how well he thinks he would be able to cope in a town with no running water, no food and no electricity until Anthony pointed out that if it did happen the people of San Francisco would probably just be evacuated to L.A. or somewhere. :facepalm:

I really do like Rebel FM. I like Arthur, Anthony is funny and I like Matt because he is the rarest of rare on gaming podcasts, a PC guy. Ryan is just an asshole though, hopefully he is only on it for another 2 weeks by when they will have finished the Dead Space 2 stuff.

• Upvote 2

I think he's alright most of the time. Still, I agree that there are occasions when he really is a bit of a tit.

He's the gaming podcast equivalent of James Corden.

Laughing at himself and always trying to be the centre of attention. Hate him.

• Upvote 2