rllmuk
Beertiger

Gaming Podcasts

That because unfortunately they let ray go a couple of weeks ago he now freelancing he did a review for gamespy recently. Parish is the only good one left now.

Frank Cifaldi is good as well, but I still have no idea what they were thinking letting Ray go.

A little slice of where Geekbox is recorded and the owner of the said venue:

Makes me wish that The Gamespy Debriefings would record bits of their highjinks on a Flip cam or something. Weird thing about Gamespy as (a now only two person) operation within the IGN mothership, the politics of IGN and the egos contained within have prevented Gamespy from doing any original video content.

Or maybe because the last person who was put in charge of it was this man of extreme humility, who was totally without pretensions and never threw a tantrum over creative differences.

Oh, I saw that video listed on the main page but don't usually bother with those Quick Looks which feature developers, since developers are usually boring. Now I realise that I better watch it.

Gamespy Debriefings was hysterical this week. The part where they were talking about Ryan Scott's lunch and eating habits nearly had me in tears. :lol: Ryan clearly was in tears, though, the way he was laughing so much. I nearly laughed out lound in Tesco this morning while listening to it.

Oh Jesus, this week's WiiWare/DSiWare segment on the Bombcast was incredible :lol:

Also they've recorded eight hours of Game of the Year awards deliberation apparently.

Oh Jesus, this week's WiiWare/DSiWare segment on the Bombcast was incredible :lol:

Also they've recorded eight hours of Game of the Year awards deliberation apparently.

I always love the Giant Bomb GOTY podcast deliberations but have a feeling this year might be a little less interesting. If they shift Mass Effect 2 to the Multiplatform category instead of the Xbox 360 one then that will shut down a lot of the drama as it will be up against Red Dead directly and whatever wins there will have the edge. Halo won't win it, Heavy Rain won't win it so I think it will be between the Multi games with possibly Starcraft 2 and Pac Man DX.

My guess is Mass Effect wins purely because Jeff didn't like Red Dead and he is a persuasive figure in these discussions.

They even managed to make the Wiiware bit hilarious. :lol:

It shouldn't be funny, at the back on my brain I was thinking "God, this is really self indulgent and going on for way too long" but I was laughing too much to notice.

That's the only bit of that post that's really necessary.

Indeed, I've just deleted their feed as I have completely lost interest in the show.

If you need something to replace it I've been enjoying the GameSpot UK podcast lately. I've only listened to the last handful of episodes but they've had some interesting guests on and the core crew are pleasant enough. There's a bit too much script reading for my tastes but it's still a good listen.

Oh, it's probably best not to start with the most recent episode as it's something of a guest-free post-Christmas do wrap-up episode. Might want to go back a couple of shows, see who appeals to you.

Stand up routine? What happened exactly?

They even managed to make the Wiiware bit hilarious. :lol:

It shouldn't be funny, at the back on my brain I was thinking "God, this is really self indulgent and going on for way too long" but I was laughing too much to notice.

LITTLE. RED. RIDING HOOD'S. ZOMBIE. BARBEQUE.

The stand-up routine in Weekend Confirmed. :facepalm:

Richard Pryor he aint!

I switched it off after they were getting the audience to sing that fucking jingle - made my toes curl with its cringe-inducing awfulness.

They really seem think they're rock stars these days now, don't they?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On the whole I like the show. Maybe I give Garnett a pass because I have been listening to him pretty much every week since the 1up Yours glory days of him, Luke, John & Shane. The regular Weekend Confirmed cast is great, I really like it, and I thought last weeks show where David Ellis sat in for Brian Leahy was one of the best they have ever done. It always falls down when they take it on the road though. They have to humour the crowd somewhat (fair enough I suppose, but I never like it, it's why I dont listen to phone ins either) and the constant crowbarring in of guest after guest after guest just ruins the flow. Add to that the fact that they always seem to get shitfaced and I find myself switching the show off before it ends or skipping it completely.

That said, I have had hundreds, if not thousands of hours of free entertainment from Garnett Lee so I will allow him a little self indulgence once or twice a year. Weekend Confirmed is still a great show.

Still waiting on Remo to do something with Shawn Elliott now they are both living in Boston. The Irrational podcasts arent really what I am looking for there, though listening to Ken Levine saying "you know, in a lot of ways that reminds me of Bioshock" every time they go off message is kinda amusing.

Dunno whether everybody saw this or not, but its a (small) Idle Thumbs fix, but Sean "famous" Vanaman and Jake "videogames" Rodkin did a quick look on Giant Bomb last month, for the poker game with the Heavy from TF2 and whatshisface off of Penny Arcade in it. I'd link it, but Giant Bomb is down at the moment.

*edit*

The quick look.

Edited by Nayson

I don't get the problem with the stand-up routine on Weekend Confirmed - the guy is a comedian by trade and it was recorded in a stand-up comedy club, essentially. I didn't piss myself at his stuff but he didn't die either.