Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

Yeah gutted about this. If it was me I'd happily say so like I do with my petermolyneux2 'fake' account. Though to be honest, I think the evilgarnet tweeting was sometimes a bit too harsh, wouldn't be proud to own up to that.

Any chance you could upload a clip of this so-caled 'outing', and any surrounding discussion?

Its mentioned on the podcast, in what, the last half an hour or so?

Everybody figured out that Evilgarnett was British ages ago, just from certain slang terms used and times of tweets. It was claimed that Evilgarnett's account was offered to Shawn Elliot, but Shawn Elliot declined on the grounds that it was rude (but incredibly funny.)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, so sad this is gone.

1up was my first every podcast too. Can't count the number of hours I've spent listening to the thing. It's definitely had its ups and downs, but Garnett has carried it through. Doubt it will last 5 minutes without him.

I did think the same thing when Luke and Shane (not so much) left though - so perhaps there's hope. But all the original cast, gone? *cries*

Here's to all the good times, 1up! :) Will be keeping a keen eye on what Garnett does next. Surely his lot will just follow him on to his next venture?

Over recent months I got more enjoyment out of Retronauts and Good Grief (and even at1up) than ListenUp. I can't say it's a great loss to me or a final nail in 1up's coffin. I'm more excited about the fresh stuff that might come out of its demise. Garnett is the best games podcast host around, but he chose the right time to make a fresh start.

probably the guy from the 'totally rad show' who has been on 1up yours before and whose name escapes me.

Jeff Cannata.

Yes that would seem to be a good guess.

I love Jeff on the totally rad show but he will get some flack if he does become one of Garnett's Muskateers.

ListenUp turned into a bit of a cringefest at the end. Pretty understandable though. At least they don't talk about the good old days every week (hello bitmob!).

Was interested in the whole Evil Garnett talk. So is it actually Capone then? I heard Garnett actually use the word Gamestyle before he got cut off. It could've been Meerman!

John Davidson seems to like being on Podcasts, which is apparently why kept doing 1up Yours/Listen Up even after he left. With that in mind I note that Gamepro (that is where he's going right?) has a couple of Podcasts, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything about them.

So, are they any good, & is it likely he'll show up on them?

New Ingame Chat-The Pointless Crank Episode

We’ve done more work than usual in preparing for this show, and more work as well inside the studio itself. We’re short by two this week (Dennis was immune to the schedule change, and Jeremy is pacing the floor in a smoke-filled waiting room somewhere, handing out blue-banded cigars and getting back-slaps from other befuddled fathers-to-be), which means a lot more effort out of each of us, and none of our simple, gossipy handoffs for when we get tired. We expected the result to be short, but the two-and-a-half-hour standard remains in place.

What we’ve played is our greatest concern, since we’re taking to heart all recent suggestions that we should move a little outside our comfort zone. It’s not easy, or natural, but we’d rather not ignore the gap in coverage, so bear with the pace of change if you can. We’ve also provided supportive remarks on what may prove to be unsupportable causes. The PSP Go! and Randy Pitchford were clearly the devils most in need of advocates this week, and we’ve spent loads of time on the losing side of arguments, so we figured ourselves to be a natural fit.

Groovy Gamer 01 - The Ballad of Groovy Gamer

Well here is the 1st episode of the new podcast, i pay brief homage to the past (gamerdork us) and usher in the new cast with a new co host and a new website. there are some minor mic level issues that will be corrected for the next show and future episodes. you can listen and download directly from www.groovygamer.net. the iTunes feed should be ready within a day or so. hope you all check it out and leave some feedback and reviews for us.

cheers!

evildeadron