rllmuk
Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

3 hours ago, Pixelbark said:

8.2 is actually pretty fun, and the content is solid. Ahem.

Have fun getting Best In Slot gear that you won't replace even by Mythic Raiding via Bejeweled dailies. ;)

Ok, I will.

I'm with Asmond on this one, the issue Preach is describing is only an "issue" to a small percentage of mythic raiders. It's gear you can work towards in a dertermanistic manner and there's no real issue that you have to play different aspects of the game. The way you get essences is a great example of this (even if they're not that exciting as actual abilities).

For the first time in a few years, the game actually has BiS gear***, that's not hidden behind a dozen different dice rolls. This is great for the majority of players.

***The bethnic bonuses only work in The new zones and raid. So it's not like you've got a BiS list for M+ or PvP, is it?

It's akin to a designer going 'sure you can get the gear by grinding on the hardest Metal Slimes in the game but you could kill level 1 blue slimes instead! And it's quicker!/game designer genius

It's not good game design. It's not about playing different aspects of the game, it's about every part of the game being rewarding to the amount of effort needed to do that content. If you want to put some BIS gear into dailies, it should be akin to having to trek 5 zones over to find a mcguffin not shown on the map then having to kill an army worth of mobs hoping a specific mcguffin drops that leads to a scenario you can fuck up many times in (like the mage towers in legion) equalling in a BIS item for one or two of your slots at the maximum. So that it doesn't make raiding feel pointless in the long term.

I can't believe Azmon is against the 'do the raid every week' design philosophy that worked for many expansions. If a boss is going to drop what you want was pretty much the hook to keep you coming back week on week to kill it with your guild. To be against that is to want to kill raiding and guilds altogether, in my view. Content should have a end for sure unlike the current titanforge bullshit, but the way gearing was designed to begin with worked well enough that you either got bored eventually or got everything and moved onto an alt if you wanted to. The idea of only doing a raid once or twice because you don't need to go in there again makes the game even shallower than it is!

But mate, the best gear for most people does still come from Mythic raids. Just one or two items for some specs happen to have really great green text in the Bethic gear, even though its 20 ilvl lower. This is akin to wearing a 2 set from the previous raid tier, except that it's worthless in any content that doesn't take place in that one zone.

Please note, that I think *THAT* execution is perfectly fine. Because 8.3 will drop, and those items will be worse than useless for a mythic raider, they may as well be empty slots at that point.

Titanforging is still terrible.

With Blizzcon being on the horizon...

What are your hopes and wishes for 9.0? Your Blizzcon dreams

Mine:

Death of titanforging

The return of progression 10 man raiding

Merging of raid difficulties

--LFR and normal into a "story" difficulty. Normal mode difficulty but able to use the LFR system. Capped at 10 people

--heroic and mythic into a "progression" difficulty with 10/20 man options.

Return of reforging

Killing off specs. This game has too many "classes". Would love to see a mage just be a mage again, and let the talent choices decide the build. Would allow moments of sillyness to return to the game, like when you've overgeared content, so a ret specced and a healer buddy queue up for a 5-man. Stick on RF and away you go.

More content akin to 8.2, but in most zones.

Still no news on the realms which will be present for Classic yet? It's only two weeks until the early access character creation unlocks! ;/

7 hours ago, Mikes said:

Newp. Blizzard have gone almost completely silent on Classic.

Isn't that because they had their big retail patch come out recently?

Things will pick up soon. Not like a realm list is much use 2 weeks before hand anyway.

19 minutes ago, spork said:

Things will pick up soon. Not like a realm list is much use 2 weeks before hand anyway.

What? How else are you supposed to plan where you and friends are going to create characters?

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

What? How else are you supposed to plan where you and friends are going to create characters?

Don't need the server list 2 weeks in advanced to do that do you?

They will probably release it a couple of days before the reservations.

Less than a month to classic and I really can't wait! I've been playing on a private server to see if I can decide what class I want to play and just dawdling about Mulgore on my own up to level 12 has been so much fun. 

Even things like having to go to the skill trainer to buy new skills after leveling up makes things feel so much more rewarding. It's pretty incredible how streamlining things so much totally changes the game for the worse.

Tempted to go Alliance in classic as I've never played on that side but it just feels a bit wrong.

15 hours ago, spork said:

Isn't that because they had their big retail patch come out recently?

Could ne, yeah. Blizz aren't exactly inexperienced at this. News releases would have been looked at and assessed and planned. If they're being quiet there's a reason.

On 31/07/2019 at 01:17, Mikes said:

Newp. Blizzard have gone almost completely silent on Classic.

Today the released a little teaser trailer on twitter and changed the Twitch icon from BFA to World Of Warcraft with the old logo. :omg:

Also "leaked" info on the stress test. Might be made up.

The global final testing of the WoW Classic will begin on August 8th, 20:00 CEST.

All World of Warcraft account holders with a valid subscription or paid playing time in any region will be able to participate in testing. You can develop heroes up to level 20.

It's happening!

• Upvote 2

Can't, my sis and her family is coming all the way from England. Due to this and work I'm not going to be able to get on until Sept 3rd at the earliest.

On one hand, the starting zones should eb quieter, on the other all the good names will be gone.

8 hours ago, Mikes said:

Can't, my sis and her family is coming all the way from England. Due to this and work I'm not going to be able to get on until Sept 3rd at the earliest.

On one hand, the starting zones should eb quieter, on the other all the good names will be gone.

They are doing a character name reservation two weeks before the launch, which is on the 12th/13th depending on where you live. You can create up to 3 characters across all realms in preparation so you should be able to reserve any names you want.

842831.jpg

• Upvote 1

Caned the game back in the day of EU release. 2 60's warlock and rogue then real life of Uni then work then marriage arrived! getting serious urges to dip my toe back in though! Will there be a guild? 

The classic client is now downloadable for everyone on the Battle.net client. Previously it was only available for those flagged as being in the beta or stress tests. :omg:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, spork said:

The classic client is now downloadable for everyone on the Battle.net client. Previously it was only available for those flagged as being in the beta or stress tests. :omg:

Installed earlier today. Was hoping we could have at least made it through to the login screen, but no.

I can do that with any old 1.12 client. Although it would have been nice to have an official one after so long. ^_^

I'll be re-subbing on the 8th, too. :) If I start writing macros during the final test phase do we reckon they will be stored client-side and persist after reset? That would save me tons of messing about...

38 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Installed earlier today. Was hoping we could have at least made it through to the login screen, but no.

I can do that with any old 1.12 client. Although it would have been nice to have an official one after so long. ^_^

I'll be re-subbing on the 8th, too. :) If I start writing macros during the final test phase do we reckon they will be stored client-side and persist after reset? That would save me tons of messing about...

Reddit seems to think so. Lots of people planning on sorting out keybinds and add-ons during stress test.

14 hours ago, Fallows said:

Saw this on Reddit.

For those of you who are impatient, there is a little trick to get it to start up anyway.

Go into the folder where you installed it: World of Warcraft/classic/

There you will find Wow.exe

Double click it and it will launch. It will ask you which region you want to play on, select your region and click “OK”.

You will see it start up and you will be at the classic login screen. Of course when you actually try to login, it will say “No servers are currently available. (BLZ51934200).”

:omg:

• Upvote 1

On 31/07/2019 at 09:54, Loki said:

Yeah, I could do with it being as early as possible because my friends suck at making a decision.

The only real decision to make though is what realm type you want (pvp, pve, rp - if they have those). Otherwise it's literally just picking a name.

I imagine they'll make a push for Classic in time for the stress test/character name reservation. They'll want to encourage people to sub a few weeks before it officially launches to get a little extra cash (and maybe get people to try out 8.2). Do people think they'll split out Twitch into Retail and Classic? I kinda think they'll just want to keep them combined in the same category to inflate the viewer numbers.

I'm getting really excited now. I'm mostly set on a Warrior but I do have some lingering doubts about a Druid. I want to tank and the latter obviously suffers a little there, but it can be viable. I just don't know if I fancy grinding Gnomeregan over and over for the Manual Crowd Pummeler. The other problem is that it looks like I'll be going Horde with a Shaman buddy and Windfury basically does nothing for Druids, which sucks. I've thought about leveling a Warrior with the Shaman friend and a Druid solo, but I'm probably kidding myself if I think I'll have that much time.

Still stuck between priest, druid and maybe even paladin if I go with the dirty alliance.

All I do know is that I'll be rolling pve like a big wuss.

Wouldn't worry about the pummeler unless you're going full elite tryhard raider.

9 hours ago, spork said:

You will see it start up and you will be at the classic login screen. Of course when you actually try to login, it will say “No servers are currently available. (BLZ51934200).”

:omg:

Cheers, managed to get through to setting up my graphics/audio and everything.

How about add-ons right now, any idea how they are going to be incorporated? Exactly like the existing 8.2 client?

On 04/08/2019 at 02:07, Fallows said:

Any other RLLMUKers definitely going PvP/Horde? 

My first run in Wow was in PvP horde, so I'm going Alliance this time. Also might jump into  a RP PVP server. I have no interest in RPing myself, but I've been told there's less dickish ganking that goes on in them.