The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

18 minutes ago, Loki said:

Haha, what the fuck!?

Rest sounds good though. Bringing back some class abilities. No shaman two-hander Enhancement I'm guessing? :(

There's another torghast power that makes time warp last 200% longer but kills everyone when it ends, and another where at the beginning of each floor, you will receive an intuition, telling you to cast a series of spells in a certain order and if you do it correctly you get a 10% int buff. Turning mages into DDR. 

Grats dude!

I've just been levelling alts with the 100% experience buff active. Only got Monk and Warrior to go though and then I'll run out of things to do in the run up to SL.

Should probably find a guild for SL too. Currently in my own guild of just alts for a joint bank :p

On 22/04/2020 at 17:01, Doctor Shark said:

Not sure what to main in Shadowlands. In an ideal world, it'd be druid for the convenience, but guardian is so so boring and doesn't look like that's changing any. 

Currently maining brewmaster monk in heroic ny'alotha, which is fun as ever, so that's an option.

Paladin in Shadowlands looks interesting, as does blood dk. Warrior still looks dull. 

Sounds like exactly the same problem I have! I'm trying to pick which class to main and tank with. I love Druids but find Guardian so boring and I'm amazed that it's largely going to be the same in SL as it is now. It's between DH and DK for me I think (monks look fun but I've never really been into the monk class fantasy and I think that's a big part of enjoying a class for me). The obvious answer is to just wait and play/level them all in the prepatch but given how much free time I currently have to think about pointless shit like this I'm not convinced I can wait that long :lol:

I don't play DH - it's the only class I don't have at 120 and the only class I didn't do the mage tower on in Legion. 

Monk is most fun, but Sco from method did a video yesterday saying the changes to them has made them boring. Guardian is mind-numbingly dull to play which is a real shame as I enjoy balance, resto and feral so druid could really be the one class for me, but guardian is just too dull.

Now, if they gave Shaman a tank spec where you turned into the thing from fantastic four, slammed massive two handers into the ground to cause earthquakes and chucked rocks about, I'd never play another class ever again.

On 24/04/2020 at 12:51, Doctor Shark said:

You do, so you'll have to server transfer if you want to.

Hrmm. Seems Defias Brotherhood is connected to Ravenholdt and all the other RP-PvP realms though. Do you have people in your guild from those servers then too dude?

Yeah we do. The only RP server not connected in that way is Argent Dawn because it's big enough on its own. You still see AD people about, you just can't guild up with them. But for example, the majority of my characters are on defias Brotherhood, but one of my dks is on scarshield legion and he's in the guild just fine. 

11 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Yeah we do. The only RP server not connected in that way is Argent Dawn because it's big enough on its own. You still see AD people about, you just can't guild up with them. But for example, the majority of my characters are on defias Brotherhood, but one of my dks is on scarshield legion and he's in the guild just fine. 

Interesting!

I do still have my original name of Loki on Ravenholdt. Being called Lokey on Sylvanas is annoying as shit. I do have a 120 mage on Sporeggar too, but she's Alliance.

That is a potential idea though. I could play with you after all!

41 minutes ago, Loki said:

Pffft. That's the other brothers.

I give it 3 months tops.

Well in those 3 months you can help me get back into PVP, which I've basically avoided since the start of Legion and only ever really enjoyed when I was playing with you and your bros! I'm thinking Paladin for Shadowlands (Prot for PVE, holy for pvp) so I could follow you around healing you and crusader striking fools.

I've been playing for a good number of months now to be fair, and imagine I'll be playing quite a while into Shadowlands as Rach is really enjoying it.

I do have all my 120's on Sylvanas though, and Rach currently has her 2 on Sylvanas as well. Would be good to be on your server though, coz you always play. Everyone else who was on Sylvanas only play for a month or so :P

You can both come raid with us! Shit, you could come raid with us now, as you can invite cross server, you just can't join the guild. But we're very active, always get curve on heroic (even if it does take a little longer due to how crap and fed up everyone is of the raid). It'd be fun! 

Tried playing some Unholy DK over on Ravenholdt. Found them to be quite boring though, more-so than Frost which I'm not a big lover of either.

Enjoyed PvP levelling my Monk and DH over on Sylvanas though. They do a tonne of damage.

I'm think I'm playing my Warlock wrong. I have a 16 slot soulshard bag, and it's always full. I'll summon a voidwalker, create a health and soul stone, soul drain to top bakc up to 16 shards, but then that's the way it stays until I hit a problem and need to use the health stone or the soul stone runs out.

Why would I ever need 16 soul stones? I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I've resubbed to WoW for the first time in ages and I'm a bit lost. The last area I played was Pandaria, so I missed the whole of Warlords, Legion, and Battle for Azeroth. I must have had Warlords previously as my Warlock was in Draenor, but I don't know what is going on. What is all this garrison business? 

I've been back about three days and gone up a bunch of levels. The warlock is already level 102. It seems to take about five quests to level up. I'm not sure whether to carry on working through Draenor or go straight to Legion. I'd probably be max level just from Draenor if I stay here. 

Yeah, what I'm thinking is I could take the warlock to legion and get my lvl 90 hunter to draenor to do that content. I'd quite like to at least train in basic Draenor tailoring and enchanting first though. 

I don't think I have the Battle for Azeroth content as you don't get that with a basic subscription do you? 

So I guess the alternative is to play through Draenor with my Warlock, be lvl 110 through the whole of legion, just playing it for the lore. The whole thing where things are the same level as you would keep it interesting I guess. 

Yeah that could work. 

You don't need to train previous expansion crafting for latest content anymore, they're classed as their own separate skills, so only worth doing it for completeness or transmog.

The story and levelling of WoD was great until they put a bullet in it, cut a load of stuff and half arsed the ending. Legion was much better and has loads of great story, but much of it locked behind raids at 110, as you might expect.

And no, you won't have BFA if you've only got the starter set. So might as well enjoy the content you can! The class halls in particular are superb in Legion, though some are naturally better than others (DK > all).