The Random WoW Thread

It’s ok, I guess? I don’t know really, the invasions are alright a and the Horrific Visions are pretty good but no Mage Tower. It’s doesn’t feel like anywhere enough content for the rest of the expansion though. And yeah the ending is pretty bad, it’s like they have tried to cram in three expansions worth of content into one and  not given anything the attention it needs. The Black Empire and Ashara should have much much better. Plus it’s still horrible for alts.

• 4 weeks later...

....and I've re-re-subbed to Classic WoW. Because apparently you can't quit. It's not allowed.

Toying with the idea of continuing with my lvl 14 druid or just going priest. I have veeeeryu little playtime, so startign anew isn't an easy decision.

I've gone back to retail. I just don't have the time for Classic anymore.

Instead I've set myself a goal of saving up 5 million gold before the release of Shadowlands. I want to buy the sweet dinosaur mount with the AH on it before it goes onto the black market AH only;

image.png.b5354b0ad1bb417bf76cdae7ded097b6.png

If anyone is interested in getting their Ahead of the Curve (Heroic raiding cheev) give me shout. My guild on Earthen Ring is close to killing N'Zoth but we don't always field 20 players so any experienced raiders would be welcome.

The extra bag space is nice. I'm levelling a Vulpera Warlock at the minute with my partner, who's playing retail for the first time. She kinda got into Classic, but it's just too much effort to play casually.

In other news, my Brutosaur farming is going terribly. I'm trying to farm the Vial of the Sands recipe and I've opened 20 Canopic Jars so far without any luck. I'm now on a shit streak of solving 53 Tol'vir artifcats without even seeing a single jar :'(

2 hours ago, Loki said:

The extra bag space is nice. I'm levelling a Vulpera Warlock at the minute with my partner, who's playing retail for the first time. She kinda got into Classic, but it's just too much effort to play casually.

I am toying with making a Vulpera DK :D although I am a sucker for Lock :D

1 hour ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Genuinely surprised to see people playing Retail. I think I'm actually jealous.

Absolutely addicted to Classic, still. Struggling to fit raiding into my real life, but still enjoying it.

Unfortunately, I do not have the time to dedicate to Classic. I have a lvl 30 undead Mage stuck in Tarren Mill lol 

I was the same. I got my UD Mage to 52 I think it was, but by that time everyone I knew who was playing were dropping out.

So figured I'd come back to retail where I could play more casually. Plus, with Shadowlands (I always come back for a new expansion) around the corner, I figured I'd get a feel for it again.

• 1 month later...

I thought you might appreciate this. I’ve introduced my mate Simon to World of Warcraft. This is a short video clip of how it’s going:

https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveEnergeticSandstormNerfBlueBlaster

Me and another max level player were running his little level 9 character through a dungeon to level him up faster. Just before the video starts I asked him if he had completed the quests he had, you can see it in the chat history. Video starts and he replies saying he needs “hungerers heart” from Taragaman The Hungerer. Me and the other guy we were with go and stand on Hungerer’s dead body and I say “he’s here” for Si to come and get the heart. He then goes completely the wrong way and jumps into a group of baddies who instantly kill him. It almost feels staged, like a mini Leroy Jenkins tribute.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2019 at 14:18, PinkMoon said:

Evenings generally. The occasional hour at lunchtime on weekdays. Are we incompatible, even after all these years?!

I bought a new gaming laptop and I am finally playing again. LV89 now. Not sure what I should be doing, so I am just questing in old areas. Sadly, it looks like my account was hacked at somepoint and all my gold is gone :(

What server is everyone on? I am on Moonglade.

Defias Brotherhood Horde here. Yes, still playing after all these years. Main tank in a heroic raiding guild still. Raid twice a week and can clear 11 out of 12 bosses in a single night, but we're banging our heads against N'Zoth now and have been for weeks, best try was 17%. It's such a long and boring fight that we're struggling to get him down out of sheer ennui rather than time or effort. After a couple of initial pulls you can see and hear people losing interest and focus, which I've never seen in the guild berore. Terrible end boss to an expansion, and don't even get me started on the lore or story or ending cinematic. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Defias Brotherhood Horde here. Yes, still playing after all these years. Main tank in a heroic raiding guild still. Raid twice a week and can clear 11 out of 12 bosses in a single night, but we're banging our heads against N'Zoth now and have been for weeks, best try was 17%. It's such a long and boring fight that we're struggling to get him down out of sheer ennui rather than time or effort. After a couple of initial pulls you can see and hear people losing interest and focus, which I've never seen in the guild berore. Terrible end boss to an expansion, and don't even get me started on the lore or story or ending cinematic. 

How odd. Given that you've got phase 1&2 down, you've done "the hard part" of the fight. Best tips I could give is to have everyone group up in front of the boss before you all drop the puddle, then have everyone move left/right together when the timer hits "1". Outside of that, phase 3 is pretty simple. Clump up and avoid beams and go full force on healing.

But yeah, it's a shit boss.

(Keep an eye on people with higher DPS numbers than you'd normally expect, they might be padding their numbers on the "underground" section rather than saving CDs to pump into N'Zothy in general)

Actually, THAT'S my biggest gripe with this raid in general, especially in Mythic. There's too many sections that allows for artifical pumping of numbers, and it's really hard to diagnose when it's happening without actually going into each persons' timeline on warcraft logs. my other gripe is the same gripe I've had since mid legion... Mythic is still too hard these days.

Stupid things we shouldn't be, mostly. People forgetting to use their heart to restore sanity before going into the other room, going mad and having to kill themselves. Losing the debuff on Psychus. Charging the big crusher tentacles before the tank gets there and getting one shot. Standing behind Psychus when he drops his puddle of death. Poor puddle placement in phase 3. Getting bored and frustrated and losing focus and concentration. We're consistently getting to the final phase, but it's such a long fight and even small mistakes can cost the fight that you can almost feel people's boredom setting in as the night goes on.

Man, that's all stuff they shouldn't be messing up by this point. I've no idea at all why they're hitting the crusher first when it's the casting tents that need to vanish first. Hopefully you don't have to suffer too much longer with that fight.

8 minutes ago, ThePixelbarks said:

Man, that's all stuff they shouldn't be messing up by this point. I've no idea at all why they're hitting the crusher first when it's the casting tents that need to vanish first. Hopefully you don't have to suffer too much longer with that fight.

For context I think the most wipes we had before clearing any other boss in heroic Nya'lotha was about 4 on Ilgynoth; on N'Zoth we've had 40ish wipes. And yes, we're wiping to dumb stuff we shouldn't be. I'll be glad to see the back of this raid and this expansion, something I've never said before, not even during WOD (although admittedly I took a year off during WOD...)

12 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

For context I think the most wipes we had before clearing any other boss in heroic Nya'lotha was about 4 on Ilgynoth; on N'Zoth we've had 40ish wipes. And yes, we're wiping to dumb stuff we shouldn't be. I'll be glad to see the back of this raid and this expansion, something I've never said before, not even during WOD (although admittedly I took a year off during WOD...)

Afraid it just sounds like you need to get people to pull their trousers up and stop making daft plays- if you can get into P3 with 90% of your players alive it should be a free kill. Have you got any logs? Might be worth going through the deaths.

If you need a hand, and we're not raiding, me and the missus would be happy to give you guys a hand (healing priest + retadin) if you need it. We're banging our head against mythic hivemind at the moment with a similar problem- people just can't seem to get out of the way of the rolling bugs.

I will say that mythic Nylaotha seems to have a good selection of bosses- outdoor content to one side, I'd still argue the raiding this tier is pretty good. Mythic wrathion is just punishing enough for a first boss, and Skitra's mechanics are panic-inducing but fantastic (espically when your raid leader is yelling a wall is about to come in that you can't see!). I do stand by my point though that mythic has gotten stupidly punishing these days- and the jump from herioc to mythic seems to be huge. I wish they'd stop tailoring mythic around the top 300 odd players.

Thanks, we'll get it this week though, I'm sure. Only reason we didn't on Thursday just gone was because we were all experiencing massive lag spikes that made the game unplayable for 80% of the raid.

I'm mostly just grumbling because the raid is fairly boring for tanks and N'Zoth is just too long a fight.

Good luck Doctor!  But yeah, dang that's just unfortunate silly mistakes it sounds like.  Good to see some of us are still plugging away at WoW.  Currently a fury warrior on Silvermoon until we start doing HC alt runs and I can bring along my OG hunter from Earthen Ring.  Not sure I have the patience to bother with the mythic version of that raid though.  I know what you mean about the padding too, my DPS could be better anyways but it's positively comparitvely poor on N'Zoth, but I'm absolutely playing the mechanics and would be mortified if I were pancaked by a crusher tentacle (but then when we got curve I had a mare of an attempt and managed to be sent insane).

I am, i restarted during lock down and for some reason my hands aren't hurting me this time. I went a bit hardcore and leveled a Priest to 60 in 9 days real time, I've joined a guild and we are doing ZG and starting to expand to MC.

Absolutely addicted again.

Not sure what to main in Shadowlands. In an ideal world, it'd be druid for the convenience, but guardian is so so boring and doesn't look like that's changing any. 

Currently maining brewmaster monk in heroic ny'alotha, which is fun as ever, so that's an option.

Paladin in Shadowlands looks interesting, as does blood dk. Warrior still looks dull. 

17 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Not sure what to main in Shadowlands. In an ideal world, it'd be druid for the convenience, but guardian is so so boring and doesn't look like that's changing any. 

Currently maining brewmaster monk in heroic ny'alotha, which is fun as ever, so that's an option.

Paladin in Shadowlands looks interesting, as does blood dk. Warrior still looks dull. 

I've not actually looked at the SL changes for classes as yet. Are any of them going through any drastic changes, or is it mainly just minor changes to classes?

I know I'll be maining a mage either way :P

Range of things. Shaman moving away from maelstrom as a resource and back to mana, getting weapon imbues back, some totems back. Frost DKs can use 2handers again, brewmaster monks can dual wield again, windwalker can use 2h, destro warlocks getting burning embers back...so nothing major, really.

Most classes are getting some previously pruned spells back.

Here's a list of mage changes: https://www.wowhead.com/shadowlands-mage-class-changes

Mages are getting some stupid torghast buffs like every time you blink you summon mirror images, or you can blink constantly but otherwise can't move or something.