rllmuk
Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

I'm level 38 on my mage now and have 37g, quite a bit away from the 90g I need! First mount by be delayed by a couple of levels.

1 minute ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Some managed to actually do RFC, according to Reddit. :blink:

A disgrace.  Especially if on a PVP server.

WC = Wailing Caverns, a dungeon in a Horde zone called The Barrens

RFC = Ragefire Chasm, a dungeon inside Orgrimmar, the Horde capital city

@replicant is annoyed because Alliance players managed to get into these dungeons and weren't stopped by any Horde players via PvP combat.

13 minutes ago, PinkMoon said:

@replicant is annoyed because Alliance players managed to get into these dungeons and weren't stopped by any Horde players via PvP combat.

Ah ok ^_^ thank you :)

1 hour ago, PinkMoon said:

:)

8 hours ago, Mikes said:

Gosh darnit, I forgot just how relaxing fishing is in this game!

Not half as relaxing as killin' and lootin'!

On 16/09/2019 at 03:30, Mikes said:

Gosh darnit, I forgot just how relaxing fishing is in this game!

I find it really difficult to level fishing as it makes me fall asleep. Tried on Sunday afternoon and had a 30 minute nap.

screen1.png

Took part in some spellcleave to get those lovely SM drops (Hypnotic Blade, Whitemane's Chapeau, and the boss quest neck reward). Can't wait to hit STV again later on now that I'm packing some serious spell power. xD It's going to be a massacre.

I've sort of enjoyed my foray back into classic but can't see me continuing, back in the day I got 3 characters to 60 before TBC and having experienced the grind a fresh my main take away is "what the fuck was wrong with me"!

When the inevitable TBC and WotLK servers come I will be all over them.

I'm in a similar position.  I've popped on, and it's a nice nostalgia hit (and if you're playing with a bunch of people you know, I imagine it's better), but the game doesnt hold up well enough to make the drawn out parts more enjoyable now.  First time around its fine as you're seeing it all fresh, but it doesnt (for me) stand up to going through again.  In the thread in discussion, there was some talk about the mount cost and people arguing that the lvl 40 mount cost being high, to the point some people didnt get it at level 40 unless you went full gathering professions or knew ways to make money, was great because it they thought it felt more earned and rewarding, and that having to walk so much made the world feel "huge".  I'd argue that works early in the games life when you're discovering everything and things seem more like and adventure, but 15 years later having to spend what feels like most of the experience walking from a quest point to go hand it in doesnt really do anything for me except make me bored.

I'm glad people are enjoying it, but it isnt for me.

On the other hand, I've started enjoying BfA a lot more now.  I kind of stopped for a bit, it didnt really grab me at first, but it's better now.  I'd rank it above WOD and Cata expansion wise for sure.  There's some stuff I really like, and some things that didnt work so much.  First off, I think Boralus is now my fave capital city.  I love the place - the design and atmosphere of the place, its laid out nicely, there's a nice variety in the areas.  I really like the allied races as well, unlocking them has been keeping me busy and I've enjoyed doing them.  The Kul Tirans in particular had an enjoyable quest to unlock them.  Their druid forms look sweet too.  I've really enjoyed some of the story too.  Jaina and her family I thought was really good, and they continue to do really well with Anduin.  The only slight niggle is that the conclusion to the war isnt that satisifying;

Saurfang challenges Sylvanas, who it turns out has made a deal with N'zoth.  She beats him fairly easily, but he goads her into showing that she doesnt give a shit about the horde, so fucks off to regroup and leaves them, and when the horde realise that and she's the reason they're at war, they stand down.

It's not terrible and theres some cool moments in there, it just feels a bit....conveinient, like the thing that actually ended it wasnt planned or even meant, it just happened by accident a bit and if it hadnt, it may not have ended the war.

It's certainly not been a great expansion overall and I can see why people didnt enjoy it when it came out but I've been happy enough with how its turned out.

My biggest criticism is the layering. Day 6 waiting for Prince Nazjak to spawn and I have no idea where I'm logging out from and where I'm logging in to each time. I just have to hope I get lucky at some point. Anyway, the longer I have to wait the sweeter that drop is going to be.

Back when I got the Tidal Charm on retail I simply logged in before work really early, walked up to the place, killed him and got the trinket. On Elysium I logged in at around the same time and did the same.

18 hours ago, George Clooney said:

I'm in a similar position.  I've popped on, and it's a nice nostalgia hit (and if you're playing with a bunch of people you know, I imagine it's better), but the game doesnt hold up well enough to make the drawn out parts more enjoyable now.  First time around its fine as you're seeing it all fresh, but it doesnt (for me) stand up to going through again.  In the thread in discussion, there was some talk about the mount cost and people arguing that the lvl 40 mount cost being high, to the point some people didnt get it at level 40 unless you went full gathering professions or knew ways to make money, was great because it they thought it felt more earned and rewarding, and that having to walk so much made the world feel "huge".  I'd argue that works early in the games life when you're discovering everything and things seem more like and adventure, but 15 years later having to spend what feels like most of the experience walking from a quest point to go hand it in doesnt really do anything for me except make me bored.

Honestly, people on Reddit like to exaggerate how difficult and time consuming everything is. I got my mount at level 41 (a little later, true, but not by much) and I had Engi at 200, Mining at 190, First Aid 252 and Cooking at 256 (all of which were a gold sink). I also spent a bit of gold on buying upgrades on the Auction House (I'm playing a Warrior so gear is really important, weapon especially). You do need to consider your mount at level 40 and not go mad spending gold if you want to have enough to afford it, but you don't have to go "full professions" or "Know how to make money" to be able to buy one. 

If you are in the high 30s and struggling, my tip would be to farm the Charms that Warrior's need for their Whirlwind Axe quest line. The mobs aren't too difficult to kill and the item that drop is selling for upwards of 80s each on my server at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

On 29/09/2019 at 20:03, Fallows said:

My biggest criticism is the layering. Day 6 waiting for Prince Nazjak to spawn and I have no idea where I'm logging out from and where I'm logging in to each time. I just have to hope I get lucky at some point. Anyway, the longer I have to wait the sweeter that drop is going to be.

Back when I got the Tidal Charm on retail I simply logged in before work really early, walked up to the place, killed him and got the trinket. On Elysium I logged in at around the same time and did the same.

Why so desperate for the charm?

10 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Why so desperate for the charm?

Because it's one of the BiS for PvP.

Update, first kill:

unknown.png

2 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

If you change layers, could he not reappear?

Did I not hear that Blizz were hard banning ppl for doing that? 

43 minutes ago, Rattlehead.ie said:

Did I not hear that Blizz were hard banning ppl for doing that? 

There was a pretty big exploit that let people effectively farm dungeon bosses with some layer swapping shenanigans but just changing layers in the world via group invites isn't an issue.

How’s everyone doing on Classic?  

the priest I rolled to play with my mate is stuck at level 20, cos he’s never bloody online. Might get to play tonight and we’ve 7 days rested XP so I might suggest another WC run even though we did all the quests last time we played. Good xp though.

meanwhile my “alt” rogue dinged 30 early into RFK last night so was able to have the Going Going Guano quest shared and I think I’m done with that dungeon. I’d still like the +3 agi bow (I have never used range beyond the initial 200 throwing daggers but the stat boost would be nice) but I ran RFK twice and the white bat never spawned so I cba keep doing it for nothing. Got my first SM and RFD quests off the back of it so will just grind a bit in Tarren Mill, I think. I simply don’t have the playtime due to real life commitments (two hours max) so Gnomeregan is out the question.

still really enjoying it.I read the classicwow subreddit almost all day at work. 

I'm loving it still. 53 Druid, healing in pugs and doing whatever role is required for guild runs which is usually healing too.

Tempted to respec for better healing but at the same time don't want to lose the ability to tank when needed!

Really enjoying it. Downed MC and Ony twice now and got the most hideous shoulders in the game. 

WoWScrnShot_101619_144027.jpg

After giving up on classic, I revisited retail. I had no idea about the change to zones so you could do them in pretty much any order now. So I've spent time finishing up some lore master achievements I never got round to completing. Its been a nice way to spend sometime as well as allowing me to have a go at a selection of classes at lower levels (even though I have them all at 100 already....). I'm not sure Ill continue once I've finished off Azeroth as I have completed all the TBC/ WotLK ones but the nostalgia levels have been high and blowing shit up, especially as an arcane mage, has been very fun.

• Empathy 1

Loving it all over again, magic rekindled, hopelessly addicted. Up to level 55 on my mage now and am steeling myself for the final push to 60 by dipping into a lowbie warrior a little bit. I've been a bit of a completionist on the questing front so still have Felwood, Un'Goro, Azshara, Burning Steppes, WPL, EPL and Winterspring completely untouched. Hopefully they should see me through the last five levels.

• Upvote 1

3 Nazjak kills now and still no trinket. Seems to faithfully spawn every other day at around 2:40pm. I wonder if they've changed the timer and drop rates?