Jump to content
rllmuk
Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

Recommended Posts

On 11/08/2019 at 01:37, Fallows said:

APES are rolling Alliance on Golemag. That's my server sorted, but others may want to avoid.

 

Sounds like a good server for gold making then. Alch and herbing and watch the gold roll in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Loki said:

Zandalar Tribe - Horde for me.

 

For the name reservation tomorrow, can I just create a random character with the name I want and then be safe to delete it and have it reserved for me (sure this used to be a thing where only you could create a character with that name for a set period) whilst I select the right features/skin tone etc?

 

No idea if it will be reserved after you delete it, not seen any mention of that elsewhere. But if you delete and remake the character in a few days when everyone else has got their names I'd imagine there would be very little risk of someone else nabbing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, spork said:

 

No idea if it will be reserved after you delete it, not seen any mention of that elsewhere. But if you delete and remake the character in a few days when everyone else has got their names I'd imagine there would be very little risk of someone else nabbing it.

 

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. But at the same time I want to play as soon as.

 

I might delete one of my other names, and see if a friend can create a character with the name before testing it on Loki (if I can even get it nowadays).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Loki said:

 

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. But at the same time I want to play as soon as.

 

I might delete one of my other names, and see if a friend can create a character with the name before testing it on Loki (if I can even get it nowadays).

 

Reservations are open for two weeks before you can play. After the first couple of days everyone will have names reserved so you'll be able to do the switch then rather than wait for the game to be released!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spork said:

 

Reservations are open for two weeks before you can play. After the first couple of days everyone will have names reserved so you'll be able to do the switch then rather than wait for the game to be released!

 

Ah shit yeah :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having second thoughts on what class to roll in classic. Again. For the third time.

 

No interest in Paladin or Rogue or Hunter. Like the idea of being the go to healer, but Priest clothes look fugly. Ditto for DPS and Mage. I never got to raid DPS on my warrior in vanilla, but the thought of levelling a warrior again makes me cry. Shaman seems fun, and I like the hybrid[ness, but I want to go Alliance this time. So I'm back to my first two choices of Warlock and Druid..... of dear, I'm going to end up spending twice the time and levelling both, aren't I?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warlocks sacrifice a bag slot for soul shards, get nagged constantly for summons/healthstones, have 0 threat reduction, have to put up with all kinds of pet related annoyances, and can get screwed over in large groups by the lack of debuff slots.

 

Just sayin', chum: Classic Warlocks were absolute dogshit to play compared to Wrath/MoP & WoD.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tanked RFC as a bear last night. First time tanking since tbc and it felt great!

 

Can't wait to druid things up. Someone trying to gank me? Run away! Need to go afk? Go stealth! Perfect :wub:

 

Just need to decide if I want to go pvp server with a group of decent randoms I've found or roll on my own initially and go rppvp for hopefully a bit more of a chill atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

Warlocks sacrifice a bag slot for soul shards, get nagged constantly for summons/healthstones, have 0 threat reduction, have to put up with all kinds of pet related annoyances, and can get screwed over in large groups by the lack of debuff slots.

 

Just sayin', chum: Classic Warlocks were absolute dogshit to play compared to Wrath/MoP & WoD.


Warlock was fucking amazing if your name was Drakedog. :p
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drakedog was a majestic sight in his day, not so much an ordinary player, more like Warlock Batman. It’s akin to using the video of the High Warlord with Sulfuras as a typical example of the wonderful wrecking ball life of an Enhance Shaman.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

Drakedog was a majestic sight in his day, not so much an ordinary player, more like Warlock Batman.

 

Oh yeah, I was definitely a fanboy.

vlvl70.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone all in with the rppvp server with my names. Horde side obviously.

 

Just seeing the shazzrah discord server is enough to put me off playing there. It's going to be nightmarish and I don't think golemagg will be any better. The rppvp discord is a really nice place compared to them! 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps worrying but both the rp realms are low pop, whereas the pve realms are medium and pvp are high. 

 

I always find decisions like this to be really hard - I massively overthink things and in the end i doubt it matters much (which PVP server to choose). I want to avoid the one with that hardcore guild from the sounds of things, but I could see it being a troll and they'll roll on the other server instead. 

 

Edit: Some stats from a Reddit poll for you:

PVP Realms: 3871, 5509 players

PVE: 647, 635

RP: 249

RP-PVP: 1126

 

I'm sure that the Reddit demographic skews towards pvp but it does sound like the RP servers will have a much smaller playerbase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's low pop in the age of layering? They will all fill up eventually come release with so few servers.

 

Honestly though, if you are in doubt about servers, just pop into the various server discords and spend a few minutes in each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/08/2019 at 23:48, spork said:

 

A hardcore guild who ruin private servers by being too tryhard :D 

 

Pardon my ignorance, but why would them being on a server be a bad thing for everyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mikes said:

 

Pardon my ignorance, but why would them being on a server be a bad thing for everyone else?

 

I'm only going by what I've read but they basically all spend so much time in game they are able to effectively control everything, so if you're not in with them then tough luck with your pvp honour rankings, your rare material farming, getting into your weekly MC instance, or even good luck just don't quests if they decide to shut down your questing zone.

 

With enough people per server and layering it might be much less of an issue but I certainly don't have time for that stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2019 at 00:15, spork said:

Just seeing the shazzrah discord server is enough to put me off playing there. It's going to be nightmarish and I don't think golemagg will be any better. The rppvp discord is a really nice place compared to them!

 

You weren't wrong about the Shazz Discord. Crikey. It makes 4chan look civilised.

 

Then APES are on the Golemagg Discord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's been at least a decade since I last played WoW. I reinstalled it a few years ago to see what Pandas were like but lasted about 30 minutes.

 

I'm seriously interested in this though. I remember walking in to Virgin Megastore and seeing this being lined up on the shelves with no idea what it was, other than it was Warcraft. And thinking 'I love Warcraft'. So I bought it, installed it, and was annoyed I couldn't play it straight away, because unbeknownst to me, the servers weren't up yet, and I'd managed to buy it a full 2 days before the game was actually released. This was my first ever online game. I had no idea.

 

So I was there for the server start. The mad rush at the beginning to get in to the game. The hundreds of people in the starting area. Finally levelling up my Orc Warlock enough to get him out of the starting area and being sent up to Orgrimmar. And I remember thinking that the game was pretty good. And that it was incredible just how big it was. That it had taken me several hours to get to level 10 and that I should probably go to bed. But before I did, I decided on one last quest. Go to this place called The Crossroads in some area called The Barrens. And the moment I crossed the border from Durotar, I was in. I have so many fond memories of the game. Levelling up in the Muk guild with everyone. Taking that first Zeppelin ride. The first time I saw an Alliance on my backwater RP-PVE server, toggled my PvP and got my arse kicked. The Muk battle royale that we organised, where about 20 people turned up from Horde and Alliance to have a massive ruckus. My first Molten Core raid (at level 58, because there weren't enough 60s on the realm yet to do one). The week long running battle at Tarren Mill when PvP ranks came out for the first time. The first ever Alterac Valley battle, that I think lasted 36 full hours, with people going to sleep, waking up, logging on and rejoining the same fight because Blizzard had screwed up the win conditions so badly. Coming second in the race to be the first on the server to kill Nefarian (we lost that one by about 20 minutes). Dominating Warsong Gulch with my PvP team.

 

I know that coming back won't be the same. And I definitely won't have the time to grind like I did when I was 18. But I'd love to come back to it and play with a group of forumites again. I kind of want to retread my steps, so I'll want to go Horde. With discord, going out and doing quests will be so much more enjoyable as well. Even if it's just a small group of us, rerunning things like Ragefire Chasm and Wailing Caverns again is an idea I'm definitely drawn to.


I've organised Rllmuk guilds in Wow more than once. I'd definitely be up for doing it again now Classic is back.

 

So is anyone in for resurrecting Muk?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

I think it's been at least a decade since I last played WoW. I reinstalled it a few years ago to see what Pandas were like but lasted about 30 minutes.

 

I'm seriously interested in this though. I remember walking in to Virgin Megastore and seeing this being lined up on the shelves with no idea what it was, other than it was Warcraft. And thinking 'I love Warcraft'. So I bought it, installed it, and was annoyed I couldn't play it straight away, because unbeknownst to me, the servers weren't up yet, and I'd managed to buy it a full 2 days before the game was actually released. This was my first ever online game. I had no idea.

 

So I was there for the server start. The mad rush at the beginning to get in to the game. The hundreds of people in the starting area. Finally levelling up my Orc Warlock enough to get him out of the starting area and being sent up to Orgrimmar. And I remember thinking that the game was pretty good. And that it was incredible just how big it was. That it had taken me several hours to get to level 10 and that I should probably go to bed. But before I did, I decided on one last quest. Go to this place called The Crossroads in some area called The Barrens. And the moment I crossed the border from Durotar, I was in. I have so many fond memories of the game. Levelling up in the Muk guild with everyone. Taking that first Zeppelin ride. The first time I saw an Alliance on my backwater RP-PVE server, toggled my PvP and got my arse kicked. The Muk battle royale that we organised, where about 20 people turned up from Horde and Alliance to have a massive ruckus. My first Molten Core raid (at level 58, because there weren't enough 60s on the realm yet to do one). The week long running battle at Tarren Mill when PvP ranks came out for the first time. The first ever Alterac Valley battle, that I think lasted 36 full hours, with people going to sleep, waking up, logging on and rejoining the same fight because Blizzard had screwed up the win conditions so badly. Coming second in the race to be the first on the server to kill Nefarian (we lost that one by about 20 minutes). Dominating Warsong Gulch with my PvP team.

 

I know that coming back won't be the same. And I definitely won't have the time to grind like I did when I was 18. But I'd love to come back to it and play with a group of forumites again. I kind of want to retread my steps, so I'll want to go Horde. With discord, going out and doing quests will be so much more enjoyable as well. Even if it's just a small group of us, rerunning things like Ragefire Chasm and Wailing Caverns again is an idea I'm definitely drawn to.


I've organised Rllmuk guilds in Wow more than once. I'd definitely be up for doing it again now Classic is back.

 

So is anyone in for resurrecting Muk?

Go rppvp and I'm in!

 

I joined muk on day one. Looking back I had no idea what I was doing and must have been the prime definition of a huntard. Got to 60 then gave up as o didn't really know what I was doing. What do you mean I shouldn't melee these dungeon mobs?

 

Rerolled a priest a few months later and everything just clicked and made sense.

 

Going druid this time.

 

11 days to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to at least try it and see if it sticks more than the last couple of expansions.  I only played classic briefly, hitting 60 not too long before the first expansion came out.

Definitely up for being in a Muk guild anyway, what are the old lot planning on doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this massively now. Sticking to lamb Shazzrah & three chapattis unless the queues are obscene.

 

Been on Henhouse a little bit and returned to Succubus/Curse of Elements. It's obscene what you can do when everyone is on a level gear ratio. I managed to nuke down a shielded Priest from 100% to nil with Immolate>Death Coil>Fear>SoulFire>Searing Pain>Conflag (with a Seduction interrupt into Searing Pain>Shadow Burn lined up if that wasn't enough. There's absolutely no need for Spell Lock). A 5k crit from Soul Fire alone is generally most health bars. Been going with 5/5 improved Searing Pain and spamming that something mental seeing as everyone procs shadow resist/reflect when they see a Warlock. Anyway, when you do get someone fancy that triggers the shadow reflect trinket you can bounce Curse of Recklessness off of that to give yourself fear immunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.