rllmuk
Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

On 07/07/2017 at 11:42, The Fox said:

That's kinda what they've been hinting at for a while isn't it, with the plot threads about Azshara/N'zoth? Especially in Legion. It's either gonna be that, or something totally out of leftfield like MoP/Warlords. 

Hyped for boat mounts and order halls on massive ships tbh.

To be fair though I think we need a Horde Vs Alliance exp before the next big threat. just to breath a bit of life back into the game.

Missed me linking these? Here, another 2 hour long 'why it was great' rant:

:)

BfA Alpha is out, seems like the first zones for each faction and a few dungeons available so far.  Early word is good, zones are apparently interesting and while there are less zones for levelling than in any previous expansions (3 per faction, at level cap you gain access to world quests that take you into the opposing faction zones, if I recall correctly), the zones are apparently full of stuff, and larger than the zones we got in Legion.  There is a decent amount of variety in the zones seen so far as well from what people are reporting.

Also, if you're thinking of levelling a new character, now's a great time with the scaling changes.  I've started a rogue on horde side and it just feels so much better now.  Sure, you can still potentially burn through enemies pretty quickly if you have procs going off and stuff crits, but usually they last a lot longer than they used to, and you dont have it where you have to keep thinking of when you should move to a new zone and dump all the quests you're doing in the current one, because you've outlevelled eveything too much, kill things in one hit, and are getting poor exp and gear rewarded for your level.  It's even made it so that when you do find a group quest, you may actually need to find a group, as you cant outlevel them now.  I'm 30 at the moment, and one quest is in Hillsbrad to kill a yeti, but its an elite thats 2 levels above me and creams me if I try solo.  I've just been able to play and take in the story going on in the zones now, and while its hardly challenging it at least feels a load more engaging when you dont get to the point of one shotting everything.

Is anyone on the forum still playing? is there a guild that would welcome a new player?

15 hours ago, Mallet said:

Is anyone on the forum still playing? is there a guild that would welcome a new player?

55 minutes ago, Orko said:

@Mallet

Yep, over on defias brotherhood horde and currently doing heroic Antorus. Currently from the forum there's me, @sprite and @Varsity

@Mallet it's a great bunch of people.  The most activity I've seen in a guild in years in WoW :) Just sorry I didn't make the jump sooner - I'm "just a social" at the moment as have been levelling and now gearing up.

51 minutes ago, sprite said:

@Mallet it's a great bunch of people.  The most activity I've seen in a guild in years in WoW :) Just sorry I didn't make the jump sooner - I'm "just a social" at the moment as have been levelling and now gearing up.

You around tonight? We should do some mythics, get your ilvl up. 

I'm back dabbling with WoW and will probably stick around for BfA. Have I missed the pre-orders for the big box Collector's Edition already, or have they not been started yet?

Wow, Potato Tier Prot Warrior in the promo there. Feels like I'm being taunted. (Prot is garbage on Alpha)

So aside from Vanilla and BC, I’ve always gone with the boxed collectors editions because I’m a sucker.  This time though, the bloody thing is £90!  I’m sure it’s not been close to that before, I think the last one was £70, tops.  Am I just imagining that or has it really shot up that much?

On 22/07/2018 at 18:30, George Clooney said:

So aside from Vanilla and BC, I’ve always gone with the boxed collectors editions because I’m a sucker.  This time though, the bloody thing is £90!  I’m sure it’s not been close to that before, I think the last one was £70, tops.  Am I just imagining that or has it really shot up that much?

To be fair, it actually has a collectors item in it this time, rather than the usual "Artbook and CD".

Whats the feeling on the new expansion?  Im assuming theres plenty of opinions by now on if its actually going to be decent or not?

I'm liking the pre-release. Frost Mage doesn't seem to have changed much, but it was great fun anyway.

The biggest change for me is the fact that you don't have to grind to unlock all of the PvP talents now, so I'll be able to alt easily enough.

• Upvote 1

Well I feel really affected and torn by this!  I played through the pre-expansion Sylvanas etc quest as Horde.  I’ve been Horde since day one, and I don’t want to be a part of this! It’s madness!

Cool story though

• Upvote 1

So tempted to start playing this again because this is how I wanted WoW to be, Alliance vs Horde, none of that teaming up business. Not played it in about 8 years though so it might be a bit overwhelming for me now.

Oh, and Sylvanas is my fave character.

7 hours ago, Sumire said:

Oh, and Sylvanas is my fave character.

Probably best not to play then.