The Random WoW Thread

Of course it's fine, and I'm gutted it didn't work out as you wanted as it's been nice having you back to chat to, but if you're not enjoying it, you're not enjoying it. You big flump. 

FWIW, I agree the random lockbox thing is shit. It was alright in addition to buying gear as occasionally it'd give you a good item that you subsequently wouldnt need to buy, allowing you to gear up faster, but as a system in isolation it's cack. The world PvP quests are also anything but. I've done enough to get to honour level 7 without seeing a single opposing player. It's just grind some mobs and get a ilvl 805 chest that's crap compared to the 840 one I'm wearing. 

If it's so easy to gear up via WQs... why don't you just do them? It just seems like an odd complaint to me. I can totally see that gearing up via PVP would be a bit of a pain, but it doesn't take much effort to gear up via WQs then just do a couple of the best ones each day. If PVP balance "is as good as it's ever been" then saying that Legion has failed you seems a tad hyperbolic. 

4 hours ago, Radish said:

If it's so easy to gear up via WQs... why don't you just do them? It just seems like an odd complaint to me. I can totally see that gearing up via PVP would be a bit of a pain, but it doesn't take much effort to gear up via WQs then just do a couple of the best ones each day. If PVP balance "is as good as it's ever been" then saying that Legion has failed you seems a tad hyperbolic. 

You don't get to decide for me.

For what its worth. Because I have zero interest in PvE content. Imagine if you had to grind PvP quests and BG's to raid. Its ok though, its only a few quests per day...

Got my Druid 'Folklore' to 110 yesterday, had so much fun playing him, Blizz obv spent all their time on the Druid class hall and quests they are miles better than the Warlock one, it's crazy how much more love druids got, healing has been great fun and the instant queues are nice and Feral feels so vicious, most fun I have had with the game in ages.

On 26/09/2016 at 16:36, Radish said:

@Trigg doesn't do PVE. Which means, to gear up via WQs, which he doesn't want to do anyway, he has to grind out enough rep in each zone, including suramar, to get to friendly. That's a good chunk of hours doing something he doesn't enjoy doing just to get the pvp gear so he can do the stuff he enjoys doing, instead of being awarded the gear for playing the way he wants to, which was supposed to be one of the selling points of Legion.

12 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

@Trigg doesn't do PVE. Which means, to gear up via WQs, which he doesn't want to do anyway, he has to grind out enough rep in each zone, including suramar, to get to friendly. That's a good chunk of hours doing something he doesn't enjoy doing just to get the pvp gear so he can do the stuff he enjoys doing, instead of being awarded the gear for playing the way he wants to, which was supposed to be one of the selling points of Legion.

The rep farming to friendly in all zones is really annoying, because it meant I couldn't PvP to to max level like I normally would.

Well, I could. But then I'd have to do the zones anyway, only to have to do more PvE to get geared.

The other day, three of the PvP quests up offered gear. I think it was bracers, cloak and a chest piece. Now, none of them were any good to me, since PvP gear essentially doesn't exist outside of a unique name and I had far better ilvl gear, but the point is, including travel time, those quests would have taken 15 minutes for three guaranteed pieces of gear. There is no PvP equivalent that could do that. A single match would last longer than 15 mins, you're not guaranteed gear at the end and if you do get gear, there is no guarantee it's not something you already randomly got, because you can't buy or target specific pieces any more. 

Hence, to gear up for PvP, you're effectively railroaded into pve and world quests pretending to be PvP. 

On 9/28/2016 at 12:31, Doctor Shark said:

The other day, three of the PvP quests up offered gear. I think it was bracers, cloak and a chest piece. Now, none of them were any good to me, since PvP gear essentially doesn't exist outside of a unique name and I had far better ilvl gear, but the point is, including travel time, those quests would have taken 15 minutes for three guaranteed pieces of gear. There is no PvP equivalent that could do that. A single match would last longer than 15 mins, you're not guaranteed gear at the end and if you do get gear, there is no guarantee it's not something you already randomly got, because you can't buy or target specific pieces any more. 

Hence, to gear up for PvP, you're effectively railroaded into pve and world quests pretending to be PvP. 

Yeah, that was the problem I had. I ended up unlocking the World Quests to try them and they were trivial quests to say the least but the gear rewards were so much easier to obtain than through PvP it was laughable. Not to mentioned generally higher in item level too.

It's basically why me and Tom cancelled after chatting about it. They were saying the right things about PvP when Legion was announced, but sadly they didn't implement it well enough when it came to release :(

I think I'm done as well for now at least with raiding. Went back again on Wednesday with it being a new reset and just lost the urge to play at all really. It's not a bad raid, I think it's more the group I raid with have known each other years and get on well so I feel like a bit of an outsider, but I don't fancy scouring servers for a new guild again either. Think it's more my personal fatigue with the game than the game itself. Few years ago I would have loved the Emerald Nightmare but the thought of raiding in a set pattern at least 3 times a week and being unable to miss one without it being kickworthy is just not appealing to me when I have such a list of Xbox titles I also want to play. 

Think for the moment I'll carry on levelling my pally tank (71 atm) and will go back to doing some of the stuff I used to enjoy such as achievement hunting etc. I do really like the mythic dungeons and have yet to try mythic + so that will also be something to look at. I'll probably end up leading my own raids through Openraid if I do decide to raid again because at least then it's to my own schedule. 

Shame really, I really wanted to get into Legion but I think I'm just not as invested with WoW as I used to be! Certainly don't have as much free time and what I do have, I don't automatically want to spend raiding anymore! 

@Doctor Shark Hows that alliance guild going for you? Laid back and accepting of new people? Could potentially be looking for somewhere to move to cos I imagine I'll be guildless soon  !

On 27/09/2016 at 23:57, Doctor Shark said:

I get an ok amount of 840 gear from pvp WQs (which is determined by your honor level, so in theory a PVPer should get better rewards). It's definitely not as good as PVE WQs though. But aren't stats normalised in PVP anyway? And ilevel only boosts your stats by a very minor amount.

I've found myself drifting away from WoW now. If I logged in then basically the only things to do are: WQs to complete the emissary quest, WQs to grind AP, a daily dungeon to grind AP or mythic+ dungeons to grind gear. It just suddenly hit me a few days ago how pointless it all is. I'd hoped that mythic+ dungeons would be really fun but for some reason I just find them a bit dull. I think it's because there's still a huge emphasis on doing them quickly (to get additional bonus chests) and I never enjoyed the feeling of rushing through challenge dungeons. 

So a few weeks after my first guild raid where I mentioned a shadow priest doing 60k dps.  Since then the person has geared up, gotten their third relic slot finally, and is now on a higher item level than me.  They're now doing a bit over 80k.

I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest.  I dont really know the person, and in principle and I'm all for helping people out, but it feels a bit like they're fine being carried and are relying on being really pally with some of the people who arrange the raids to be bought along.  And they are being carried - one of the reasons why they have better gear than me is that whenever someone says about a mythic run, they instantly reply to say they want to go, and either people are too polite to turn her down to take someone else, or people like bringing her along.  I've done a few with her now and I actually try and avoid it if she goes because most of the time I'm close to 3 times her dps, and several bosses we've seen wipes on because of her.  Hell, I've never seen her beat the tanks, and in one run she was barely above a disc priest.  I think the thing that bothers me is that she wants to improve, but not in a way that takes any individual effort.  She'll jump into mythic and raid runs, but it took her forever to get her third relic slot unlocked.  I think literally in the time it took her from dinging 110 to unlocking it, I actually levelled my warrior from 100 to 110 and unlocked the relic.

I think a few other people are starting to question it as well. We one shot normal with the exception of Xavius on normal and were talking about potentially doing heroic and a few people said that some peoples dps was too low.  It was also mentioned of a few wipes where people said that adds could die quicker.  No names were mentioned though, but when heroic was mentioned, she was the first person to respond saying she'd be up for trying it.....

Well, with a new computer in my hands I thought of jumping in at last.

Always been on my Fire Mage, I said screw it, bumped the Shaman to 100 since I always liked the idea of thunder'y goodness where elemental is concerned.

...Erm...it seems to have a fair few fire spells.

Opening stuff is nice, felt worse about Tirion then I did King Stormwind, though that's probably because I've played with him a lot in HOTS.

21 hours ago, NEG said:

Well, with a new computer in my hands I thought of jumping in at last.

Always been on my Fire Mage, I said screw it, bumped the Shaman to 100 since I always liked the idea of thunder'y goodness where elemental is concerned.

...Erm...it seems to have a fair few fire spells.

Opening stuff is nice, felt worse about Tirion then I did King Stormwind, though that's probably because I've played with him a lot in HOTS.

There's LOADS of lightning in Ele!

Too bloody much if you ask me, not enough procs. :rant:

Yay, normal mode Xavius dead. Absolutely mental fight - it ended with 95% of the raid dead and it was the last two healers standing that killed him with smite and moonfire spam. The screams of joy in Discord were delightful. :D (I'm the rock bear and @Rikku is there somewhere).

WoWScrnShot_101016_223555.jpg

It's particularly nice because it's a brand new guild, set up by me and a friend just before legion launched, so it's a group of people who hardly know each other. 

It was only our third night in the raid, too. The plan now is to get normal on farm over the next couple of weeks and then move on to heroic. 

If anyone is on Alliance and without a guild, look up Starseekers on Argent Dawn EU. We're in need of ranged DPS!

Spent two hours wiping on Mythic Nythendra last night. Really enjoyed it though.

Does anyone know of a good tactic to deal with mind controls? We're always wiping at the third or fourth breath where 70% of our raid gets mc'd.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I have been playing my Pally alt a lot recently on my quest to try all healers in Legion.

Druid still main but Pally healing is super fun, Druid healing is a bit like insurance you get your hots on everyone and hope it keeps em up, Pallys are up close, standing in the poop, oh shit quick pump out massive heals while swinging a fucking massive hammer and doing loads of damage, such a contrast.

Tauren priest next i think!

Ok, last post complaining about the shadow priest in my guild, I swear.  Just finished up another EN run.  They were dead last, again.  Literally half my dps at their best, and I was fourth out of nine DPS.  Also;

- they are now 10 item levels ahead of me thanks to all the mythic runs they get carried through.

- they were below both of the tanks.

- the were below a worse geared discipline priest.  Barely, but still always below.

To be fair, the rest of our raid team are pretty decent, a lot better than we've had in previous expansions, it's only really this one person that's not pulling their weight so its not like we're doing terribly.  In fact, we're having more success than the last 2 expansions by a comfortable margin.  But it still annoys me.

Cordana on mythic +6 is a right pain in the arse. Four creeping dooms at once following by two intersecting ones. 

In other news, heroic nythendra down. Heroic ursoc close, but we didn't quite have the dps. By the end I was taking back to back 2mil plus hits as tank.