The Random WoW Thread

Yeah, my shaman was the other end of the spectrum. As elemental my damage was utter dogshit and my survivability was somewhere in the 'dies if someone even glances in my general direction' range. Enhancement was a touch better, but compared to the warlock is was like night and day. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

(One of) My druid is a worgen, you bastard! :quote: (the other is Tauren).

In other news, massive lols at affliction warlock in PvP. Last night it took seven of the ten opposing team to kill me, and only once they'd all diverted their full attention to me. One on one I am literally unkillable. I have as much health as a guardian druid. I can steal 20% of my demon's health and use it to shield for 400% of the amount. Warriors, rogues, mages and death knights all ran in fear from me. It was GLORIOUS. I felt like death incarnate and kept spamming /lol as I drained life, recovering more health than a single enemy, sometimes two or three, could take away. They're going to be nerfed so, so hard. 

What was your PvP build? had much more luck with Affliction in LFR, no longer depressing on the damage front.

Writhe in agony

Absolute corruption (may change it to contagion)

Demon skin

Siphon life

Dark pact

Grimoire of service (double felhunter for cool down reset on spell lock)

Soul conduit

With stats normalised in PvP (and pvp gear only contributing a small benefit to damage and health via ilevel), my warlock has something like 640k HP in battlegrounds. 

Level 100!..spent 5 k on upgrading the garrison despite having no idea what it's actually going to do. Friend said I wasted money since they've removed all the gold rewards, but at least I got an achievement!

I'll finish off the zones I guess, I do like the idea of gathering followers to the main mcguffin of the expansion, it reminds you of your experiences with those npcs (even if they are brief, in most cases).

Did the bronze proving ground thingy, not a bad idea of getting to grips with your rotation and AOE abilities under a certain set of time for sure.

Yeah, I know, 2 years late to the party.

1 hour ago, NEG said:

Level 100!..spent 5 k on upgrading the garrison despite having no idea what it's actually going to do. Friend said I wasted money since they've removed all the gold rewards, but at least I got an achievement!

I'll finish off the zones I guess, I do like the idea of gathering followers to the main mcguffin of the expansion, it reminds you of your experiences with those npcs (even if they are brief, in most cases).

Did the bronze proving ground thingy, not a bad idea of getting to grips with your rotation and AOE abilities under a certain set of time for sure.

Yeah, I know, 2 years late to the party.

It's still fun when it's fresh regardless of how far 'behind' others you are! Glad you're enjoying!

I did an LFR raid on my shaman yesterday, amazing how it all came back to me.  Not sure what I'm "supposed" to do with her next, though.

I want to create some Alliance characters for a change, so I think I will level up something, and create another to boost to support it.  I fancy the idea of a priest again - so potentially will boost that, and maybe a rogue to level...

47 minutes ago, Spuck said:

Are most people still playing on horde side Draenor?

Not played in a few..years at this point, but thinking of having a dabble in legion

That's where the main bulk of the rllmuk guild is not sure who still plays and whose coming back for legion though. With most of it being cross-realm you could set up where you want really, just can't trade or do mythic raiding. Think they're the only 2 differences.

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

That's where the main bulk of the rllmuk guild is not sure who still plays and whose coming back for legion though. With most of it being cross-realm you could set up where you want really, just can't trade or do mythic raiding. Think they're the only 2 differences.

Oh, so you can have cross realm guilds now? Cool!

8 minutes ago, Spuck said:

Oh, so you can have cross realm guilds now? Cool!

Shit, no, my bad. You can between realms that are joined though.EG the guild I raid with on Vek'nilash is joined with Eonar so we have people in our guild from both servers but we couldn't invite people from Khadgar for instance!

Is there a good garrison guide for me to view? For now I've been just sending them off back and forth, they've been leveling up but does that 'do' anything? I've gotten an item that teachers a follower the 'dancer' trait so obviously don't want to put it on the worst follower/s (if there are such things?). Also not sure how to get the upgrades to the buildings.

Despite seeing Draenor folk out in the world all the time the way I understand it is I wouldn't be able to raid with, which sucks, they shouldn't populate the realms I'm connected with then, blah.

Starting to ease my way back into playing WoW and had a few ups and downs in the new patch:

Downs:

Brewmaster Monk - they've completely redesigned the class and it's taking a lot of effort for me to start liking it.  I've been doing proving grounds a lot to see how all the tricks might come together for something great, but so far I'm coming up short and I can't even get past gold level.

Raids - Having several months off and coming back to the same stuff doesn't make it interesting again, unsurprisingly.

Ups:

Protection Warrior - Dumping the majority of rage into ignore pain whilst keeping shield block up for big incoming spikes of damage feels like a solid mechanic and has been great fun.  I can last much longer in proving grounds with it.

Mistwalker Monk - Almost certainly because it's over-tuned at level 100 but my word this is proving good fun, especially in...

PvP! - Having a level playing field feels like a fantastic idea and has made PvP fun for me again.  I'd been ignoring the green gear drops you get from it because, you know, green, then I noticed the iLvl.  Fantastic way to gear an alt. (disclaimer: only when Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley are diasbled)

4 hours ago, NEG said:

Despite seeing Draenor folk out in the world all the time the way I understand it is I wouldn't be able to raid with, which sucks, they shouldn't populate the realms I'm connected with then, blah.

You can raid with them. You won't be able to raid with them on mythic when the next tier hits in Legion, but all other difficulties you can x-realm. 

Found the vendor for the garrison upgrades, despite being farmville I'm honestly a little addicted to the upgrade-o-thon, pricey though, and it seems all the Level 3's are tied to achievements. The fact even Fishing is being treated as semi-serious amuses me.

Done a few Timewalking Dungeons. What's surprising me most (Wrath ones yesterday and Cata today) is despite having done these dungeons hundreds of times back in the day (quite literally)....I can't remember at all what the bosses do. Both a sigh of relief (I should rightfully have forgotten by now) and awkward feeling at the same time (we don't forget things about the games we've played hundreds of hours for, do we?)

Re. Garrisons Followers:

There's no real point now but the main thing to do with them was i) make obscene amounts of easy money in conjunction with the Treasure Hunter trait (RIP) and an Inn; ii) get the odd toy, mount, rep boost token, archeology tokens; iii) collect a shed load of gear/outfits for transmog via the fortnightly raid missions.

Despite not being anywhere near a cutting edge progress guild, I was able to amass complete Mythic T18 Mage and Warlock lookalike sets, and am just a pair of shoulders off getting the Priest one, just through the Highmaul and Foundry missions. You need 8 and 15 kills per difficulty setting to unlock missions at the next difficulty setting, so 8/15 Raid Finder kills in Highmaul/Foundry gets you Normal mode caches from the garrison mission, 8/15 Normal kills opens up Heroic caches, etc. Hellfire Citadel was different in that you needed 8 kills of a level to get caches of the same level, so 8 Heroic kills unlocks Heroic caches, 8 Mythic kills gets you Mythic caches.

If you like playing dress up in a multitude of snazzy outfits, it was something of a godsend.

Annoyingly they've drastically changed how you acquire PvP gear and it's so far much worse imo. Rather than earn a relatively steady stream of honour, you now have a chance to outright win a piece of gear. Gear itself can also be bought for a new currency called mark of honour. These are randomly awarded but not guaranteed, not even for winning bgs, so it's much more difficult to gain the last few pieces of gear.

They've also ruined ashran - whereas before it was a good, if not overly grindy, way of gearing up to ilvl 710 due to the weekly strongboxes, event and zone honour rewards and blue box for killing the boss, it's now much more effective to ignore all that and just constantly farm the 'kill 200 players' quest and hope the box you get contains gear or a mark. It doesn't help that even when you do get a group to do events, they're a broken buggy mess.

They've also made ashran its own massive bg that you can queue for rather than it existing in the world as it did previously, meaning queue times are now ridiculously long in a lot of instances. 

Time walking dungeons are interesting: the wotlk ones are, in particular, much more difficult than they were when they were actually current, with ones like pit of Saron being pug-killers. Still fun, though. People actually have to pay attention to stuff.

Protection warrior is as good as it's ever been, but it hasn't massively changed. Ignore pain is just shield barrier by another name (although more thematically accurate than making a magical barrier), but overall the spec is much as it has been since TBC. 

Brewmaster Monk has been hugely changed and not for the better. It's gone from the most fun, fresh tank spec to being a poor imitation of its former self and almost completely homogenised. Such a shame. 

Blood DK isn't overly different to how it was before, but the runic power generation and changes to runes make it a little more consistent. Self healing has dropped massively, however. 

Guardian druid also hasn't changed a whole lot, but going from dodge to damage sponge is rather pleasing as I walk round in bear form with 761k HP. It's good fun to play, too, although the dps of the spec is lacking compared to the other tanks. From a mitigation point of view I believe bears are actually the strongest tank now. 

Yeah, the Mark of Honor system is a bit crap. Fortunately it's not the system used at 110:

I wanted to pop in and talk a bit about Marks of Honor. Marks of Honor are a secondary reward system that provide a way for you to get old sets of PvP gear for transmog purposes. They are not the primary way you get gear from PvP. With the dawn of the new transmog system, we knew a lot of players would want to gain access to old PvP looks. These sets used to cost Honor Points (the currency) which was removed in 7.0.3. We considered changing the cost of this gear to gold, but felt that would make obtaining these looks trivial. So, we added Marks of Honor as a way to earn your way to old PvP set transmogs. There will not a vendor selling gear for level 110 characters for Marks of Honor. In addition, any items that have no impact on transmog (like necks, rings, etc) has been removed from the current tier of vendors.

In addition, with the launch of 7.0.3, many of Legion's systems came online including changes to PvP rewards. In Legion, level 110 players are rewarded Honor. Players below level 110 are rewarded XP. Unfortunately, during the pre-patch phase, Level 100 players do not benefit from XP. So, it's expected that right now, at level 100, the reward structure feels a bit incomplete. Once Legion launches, level 100 players will earn XP, Marks of Honor and gear rewards. At Level 110, players will be earning Honor, Marks of Honor and gear rewards. Players will be rewarded Honor or XP based on their performance and the score in a battleground. Players on the losing side can increase their chance to receive better gear and more Honor or XP by keeping the match as close as possible.

We're really excited to see your reaction to the full system at level 110. Please keep the feedback coming, we love reading everything you have to say.

I'd normally say avoid any WoW related story like the plague but this is actually a surprisingly decent little tale setting up the new expansion, where Khadgar chases Gul'dan to the Broken Isles, leading to Gul'dan finally calling Kil'jaeden out on his shit over his other self's death and deciding to go it alone...

..until he starts thinking about the player characters kicking everyone's arse on Draenor and coming after him here, and gets sufficiently shit scared terrified enough to to go running back to Kil'jaeden, open the portal and kick it all off.

Yeah, we really are that scary.