IGNORED

The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

I once ran a level 1 dwarf from Ironforge to Wetlands, then over to Dustwallow, through Barrens and Thousand Needles, and into Gadgetzan, so that I could mule stuff over from the Alliance AH.

She died quite a lot on the way.

One night when Earthen Ring was down a group of us ran Draenei from their startzone down into Orgrimmar. That was quite painful but we were very drunk. Mine was called Keithchegwin and was on Org bank roof on Sha'tar server until the moved it as part of Cata :(

Well I know I haven't played for a couple of years but didn't there used to be a big old portal in the Blasted Lands.

I have a stroll over there and I'm faced with a bunch of demons and apparently the tides come in so how do I get to Outland now?

EDIT: Please ignore me I'm an idiot and have now found the previously mentioned portal.

Well I know I haven't played for a couple of years but didn't there used to be a big old portal in the Blasted Lands.

I have a stroll over there and I'm faced with a bunch of demons and apparently the tides come in so how do I get to Outland now?

EDIT: Please ignore me I'm an idiot and have now found the previously mentioned portal.

You could also take a portal from the Mage trainers at a capital city.

Do people still run the likes of Blackrock Depths/Spire/Scholomance/Stratholme/Molten Core etc these days.

To my shame I've never been to any of the dungeons and all my levelling has been done 'above ground'. Haveing gotten back into the game this last couple of weeks and enjoying playing my Warlock again I felt it was about time I ventured forth but despite all my best efforts over the last three days (asking in general chat/dungeon finder/meeting stones) nobody else seems interested.

Any advice or should I just resign myself to waiting till I can try and go into the dungeons that came with the Burning Crusade and Catatclysm expansions?

The 5 mans get ran as they've been made loads easier to get groups for with the dungeon finder. And you do get people who level exclusively though LFD, usually tanks and healers. I friend of mine does it and he swears its quicker. As dps your queue will probably be a fair bit longer, but you can always quest while waiting. They've streamlined most of them so you get the quests inside the dungeons now, so they are worth doing despite the wait.

Raids are a different story. You'll sometimes find people doing it way past the intended level, or someone at the level (often twinks who then swipe what gear they can from it) hoping to get some max level players to boost them through it.

Well what do you know. Not 15 mins after the last post I found myself in Blackrock Depths with a group who clearly knew there way around and were, it seems, kicking more ass than me. But still, finished a quest, died twice and saw some sights.

Bit strange though as it seemed that everybody except me just upped and left after I'd asked about a quest and I found myself looking into a room with a couple of annoyed looking elites all on my own (I love my Hearthstone)

Might try for Strathome next although I do need to go back to Blackrock as I have a quest to hand in and one to complete.

In other news Desolace has greened up a bit since I was last there hasn't it.

I think Mr Clooney's a good omen as it worked again.

Did Blackrock Depths again and then pushed on to the Spire. Picked up some nice new shoulders, boots and a new staff.

Drakkisath needs to keep going down until I get my Dreadmist robe.

I think I love WoW all over again. :D

I completed a dungeon last night and got a reward of a ring. This ring summons 3 people to fight, cook and do other stuff. Thing is, they are pretty duff and disappear after what seems like 10 seconds, but the cooldown is 10 minutes! Is there some hidden benefit to this ring or anyway to keep them longer, or am I better selling it?

I completed a dungeon last night and got a reward of a ring. This ring summons 3 people to fight, cook and do other stuff. Thing is, they are pretty duff and disappear after what seems like 10 seconds, but the cooldown is 10 minutes! Is there some hidden benefit to this ring or anyway to keep them longer, or am I better selling it?

That's the barov peasant caller, it's not all that useful but it is fun. The only use I can think of against casters in a battleground, the servants will pushback spellcasting, but you'd probably be better served with another trinket these days. Maybe bank it as a curiosity :-)

EDIT : I see it's a ring now, depends on wether it has any other stats worth having

http://www.wowhead.com/item=65923

It's pretty well much a novelty/flavour item to be honest (although I do recall people using them in PvP years back to confuse the opposition), so if you don't like random stuff that takes up a bank slot, then you may be better off getting rid of it.

Quick question: I seem to have got stuck in one part of the game around level 45. I have been doing every mission I can get while following a caravan through the Eastern Plaguelands. I got to a house with a NPC who gave me a mission to get a recipe book from a house and kill some boars, then the mission trail went cold. I have another mission to go to Stratholme, but that ends there with no other mission being given. I have tried to go further into Stratholme but end up getting killed because all the enemies are linked, and I think its something to do with a group dungeon anyway. Any ideas what I am supposed to do now? The caravan won't go anywhere else and can't see anymore missions in the area :(

Hey all, quick WoW question...

Some of my friends have started Worgen characters, and I have too. Blobcat is going to be playing with us, but only having vanilla WoW, she can't create Worgen. She'll naturally need to make an Alliance character, so what I wanted to know is, will she pretty much have to play Night Elf to quest with us from early on? I mean I know my friends and I could meet up with her and bring her to Darnassus, but will that work? Because she won't have completed the relevant quest chains to get there herself.

Basically, if the rest of us are starting out at Darnassus, is there any reason why she shouldn't be a gnome, dwarf or human?

She can make the long and rather perilous journey to Darnassus as any race and quest as if she were a Nelf. Unless they've changed things (which they may have with the Shattering), the boat goes from Menethil Harbour in the Wetlands, so she may die a fair bit en route.

Could we get a mage to port her there from Ironforge/Stormwind?

You can get to the Nelf lands from a boat from Stormwind, making it easy to get there regardless of race. The boat goes to Rut'theran now as Auberdine got wrecked by giant waves.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rut%27theran

Edit: She will still have to do her starting area quests by herself, but once you can all pick up quests in Darkshore you should be good to go as there is a quest achievement for the zone so I doubt that there are any race restrictions on the quests.

Okay, bit confused... I am now level 58 and am in the Blasted Lands. I have just finished The Downfall of Wormthorn, but there are no more missions. Is that it then, the end of the game unless I buy the expansions? There was no "Well done for completing this part of the game" etc. So I guess I now try and find a bit of XP to get to level 60 and starting flying then?

Okay, bit confused... I am now level 58 and am in the Blasted Lands. I have just finished The Downfall of Wormthorn, but there are no more missions. Is that it then, the end of the game unless I buy the expansions? There was no "Well done for completing this part of the game" etc. So I guess I now try and find a bit of XP to get to level 60 and starting flying then?

There are probably quite a few more quests out there for you, have a peep here :

Zones by level

There are probably quite a few more quests out there for you, have a peep here :

Zones by level

Something I've been meaning to ask. My highest level character is creeping up to 68 now. I'm currently arsing around in Blade's Edge Mountains but, frankly I am getting a bit bored. Should I pop over to Howling Fjord as soon as I hit 68?

Something I've been meaning to ask. My highest level character is creeping up to 68 now. I'm currently arsing around in Blade's Edge Mountains but, frankly I am getting a bit bored. Should I pop over to Howling Fjord as soon as I hit 68?

I would and did on my paladin levelled just before the expansion. I think the levelling rate is much better as well as brig more fun

Yep, happy new year all :) I have now got to level 60, but can't seem to figure out how to get a flying mount. Just so I am clear, is it because I don't have the burning crusade expansion? I have gone to Stormwind, and the flying trainer only shows me the Master Riding (level 80) and not Expert Riding (60) skill to learn. The griffon master has griffons, but obviously I can't buy one until I learn the Expert skill. If it requires me to pay more for expansions, then I might have to think twice about continuing...

Yep, happy new year all :) I have now got to level 60, but can't seem to figure out how to get a flying mount. Just so I am clear, is it because I don't have the burning crusade expansion? I have gone to Stormwind, and the flying trainer only shows me the Master Riding (level 80) and not Expert Riding (60) skill to learn. The griffon master has griffons, but obviously I can't buy one until I learn the Expert skill. If it requires me to pay more for expansions, then I might have to think twice about continuing...

Basically, you cant fly in the old world unless you have cataclysm. Buying the Burning Crusade expansion will let you buy the skill for use in outland, but you will still need Cata for flying in the old world.

Just a question though, and I dont mean this to sound condescening or insulting in anyway, but if you dont have any of the expansions, just what do you plan on doing? You make it sound like flying might be a dealbreaker to keep you playing, but its just a convenience that helps you get around quicker. There's no content in the old world that actually needs it.

The Burning Crusade can be got for about £7.99 and adds a fair chunk of content. If you are at the level cap and have been enjoying it so far, you should definitely consider buying it, even if you only get that one for now. Hell, at 60 you cant even unlock the final talent in your talent trees!