Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

I caved. Reached Danzalar (or whatever the embassy is called) and decided to stay to gain kings favour. Then I went to bed.

The necklace thing looks annoying. If you pick a trait on a armor piece...is it locked to that forever?

It has the same cost method as respeccing back in the day. It increases each time you do it (globally, not just for that one armour piece) and resets after a few days (I think). The vendor is in the transmog area of your new capital city. 

1 hour ago, Radish said:

It has the same cost method as respeccing back in the day. It increases each time you do it (globally, not just for that one armour piece) and resets after a few days (I think). The vendor is in the transmog area of your new capital city. 

Ah havent found that yet. Is the Embassy the capital city? It only seems to have cook and inscriptions trainers right now!

Zandalar oddly feels like the worst of the new zones so far, very introductory feeling in quests.

Also, hit 120 before I started it. Well at least I'll be getting lots of gold here instead.

I'm not sure why they bother with character levels anymore, people have always blasted through the content to reach level cap but they seem to have made that easier with this expansion. I'm not one for grinding but the character levels only seem relevant for gatekeeping content perhaps made more obvious by the quest tracker.

Not getting anything from leveling is the sourest point there. No talent points or something like that from 100 onwards just feels bad at the moment. Though of course the modern leveling design has also resulted in no feeling of getting stronger.

I think tying end game content (world quests) behind 'do all zones quests' hurts alts a lot. No freedom.

I don't know what they are tied behind, but it's definitely not a case of having to do all the zone quests. I barely touched Zuldazar and still had loads of WQs pop up when I was 120. 

I like the questing, and I'm enjoying taking the time to read all the quest text as I do them. Levelling through new content doesn't feel like a chore to me, it's all part of the fun of wow :)

35 minutes ago, Radish said:

I don't know what they are tied behind, but it's definitely not a case of having to do all the zone quests. I barely touched Zuldazar and still had loads of WQs pop up when I was 120. 

Friendly with all the main factions, so not 100% questing, but still a fair bit.