Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

First epic:

b0IPYlaX.png

388g on this bad boy. I always wanted one and now here I am with one when it actually means something. I didn't expect to end up with one of these so soon. :)

I'm meant to have two for pre-raid BiS actually, but I reckon the guild will let me off with just one coupled with an Eye of Orgrimmar. That said I powered Herbalism from 1-300 over around 10 hours the past couple of days so the gold should be coming in thick and fast now with Wild Steelblooms and Plagueblooms fetching 20-25g per stack.

The next task is powering through to 57 whilst bringing my tailoring up from 270 - 300. I've already got my Robe of the Archmage pattern (45g - another bargain), so now I just need the skill to create it.

• Upvote 1

On 09/08/2017 at 20:34, NEG said:

Yeah but no one is experiencing all this new besides me in the thread, are they? Sure someone in 6 months might, but there is a difference, mate. If someones doing it alongside me I'd of course be more careful of my wording/spoilering.

A spoiler isn't only a spoiler if it affects certain people at a given time... <_<

Enter me, one month later, reviewing the last few pages of the thread for relevant/interesting bits n pieces.

It's like, in the Never-Ending Star Trek thread, we spoiler all the key stuff even though most of the stuff is 20-30 years old.  It's courteous to be somewhat considerate to future viewers, especially if you expect the same yourself.

• Upvote 2

Anyway, the reason I posted:

I just re-subbed for a bit!  Curious about what the new patch brings, but I'm a long way behind and dinged level 106 yesterday on my priest, playing shadow for levelling.  I think this priest was boosted.  So far so good, little bit lost but getting there slowly.  I'm stockpiling some of my better artefact power stuff with the intention to use it for a healing spec but not sure if that's silly.

Anyway, @Varsity tells me there's lots of new pets around so I'll have to get right on that...

2 hours ago, sprite said:

A spoiler isn't only a spoiler if it affects certain people at a given time... <_<

Enter me, one month later, reviewing the last few pages of the thread for relevant/interesting bits n pieces.

It's like, in the Never-Ending Star Trek thread, we spoiler all the key stuff even though most of the stuff is 20-30 years old.  It's courteous to be somewhat considerate to future viewers, especially if you expect the same yourself.

That's a good way of putting it/Star Trek is a great example, sorry in that case. 

Spoiler

Snape killed Dumbledore. 

On 9/3/2017 at 10:45, sprite said:

Anyway, the reason I posted:

I just re-subbed for a bit!  Curious about what the new patch brings, but I'm a long way behind and dinged level 106 yesterday on my priest, playing shadow for levelling.  I think this priest was boosted.  So far so good, little bit lost but getting there slowly.  I'm stockpiling some of my better artefact power stuff with the intention to use it for a healing spec but not sure if that's silly.

Anyway, @Varsity tells me there's lots of new pets around so I'll have to get right on that...

The amount you start getting at max level now dwarves the amounts you get through levelling so use it freely now.  With the catch up systems now, you'll max out most the traits on your weapons pretty quickly.

• Upvote 1

Just a reminder, the quest to unlock the netherlight crucible is open today - unlockinging it for one of your characters unlocks it for all your characters, so you dont need to worry about having to repeat it if you have any alts.  It's essentially a free 15 ilvl boost for your weapon, which is not to be sniffed at.  If you have any alts that havent done up to boarding the Vindicator (which is dead quick), you totally should just for the free relic boosts.  Effectively from that point on, each relic gets at the very least a free 5 ilvl boost.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-17-a-schism-tears-unofficial-legacy-world-of-warcraft-service-elysium-apart

People running the Elysium server accused of embezzlement and fraud, and a splinter faction is setting up a new, "pure" vanilla experience. It's currently unknown how much player progress, if any, will be lost. 

And this, good people, is why pirate, private servers suck balls. 

One of the people involved was apparently selling gold/characters for cash on the side, claiming he was doing it because the donations werent enough for the server upkeep.  You could say people thought they wanted a vanilla server enough to pay for the upkeep, but they didnt.

Very surprised by the classic servers given how adamant they've been about not doing them.  Be interesting to see how they do it, as I can't see any other info, like sub costs and what version it's going to be.  

As for the expansion itself there's nothing there that's got me super interested.  There's nothing that sounds like a major feature that's really cool or new.  The island stuff maybe, but need to see more.  Scaling on lower level zones should be pretty sweet though, one of the best things Legion did was the zone scaling.  I'll still get it mind, unless the word from beta is that it's gone to pot.

My worry though is that since Wrath the expansions have pretty much cycled between enjoying them a lot and being a bit "meh", with Cata and WoD being "meh".  I ended up enjoying Legion a fair bit, so hopefully that continues with this.

Two Mage Tower tanking artifact challenges down in 24 hours...

Blood Death Knight

23509023_10155941087481180_8245491974074949717_o.thumb.jpg.c2373c65b609613bf308c8b256b26d31.jpg

Guardian Druid

23511186_10155941087531180_3773738181504772246_o.thumb.jpg.db4c319024068e2a2dbd5a28df5dcc51.jpg

Will get the Monk one tomorrow!

• Upvote 2

On 07/07/2017 at 11:42, The Fox said:

That's kinda what they've been hinting at for a while isn't it, with the plot threads about Azshara/N'zoth? Especially in Legion. It's either gonna be that, or something totally out of leftfield like MoP/Warlords. 

Hyped for boat mounts and order halls on massive ships tbh.

To be fair though I think we need a Horde Vs Alliance exp before the next big threat. just to breath a bit of life back into the game.

BfA Alpha is out, seems like the first zones for each faction and a few dungeons available so far.  Early word is good, zones are apparently interesting and while there are less zones for levelling than in any previous expansions (3 per faction, at level cap you gain access to world quests that take you into the opposing faction zones, if I recall correctly), the zones are apparently full of stuff, and larger than the zones we got in Legion.  There is a decent amount of variety in the zones seen so far as well from what people are reporting.

Also, if you're thinking of levelling a new character, now's a great time with the scaling changes.  I've started a rogue on horde side and it just feels so much better now.  Sure, you can still potentially burn through enemies pretty quickly if you have procs going off and stuff crits, but usually they last a lot longer than they used to, and you dont have it where you have to keep thinking of when you should move to a new zone and dump all the quests you're doing in the current one, because you've outlevelled eveything too much, kill things in one hit, and are getting poor exp and gear rewarded for your level.  It's even made it so that when you do find a group quest, you may actually need to find a group, as you cant outlevel them now.  I'm 30 at the moment, and one quest is in Hillsbrad to kill a yeti, but its an elite thats 2 levels above me and creams me if I try solo.  I've just been able to play and take in the story going on in the zones now, and while its hardly challenging it at least feels a load more engaging when you dont get to the point of one shotting everything.