Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

The default UI is pretty good these days, you can move the default unit frames about, the raid frames are pretty good and combat text is built in. However things I miss when I don't have them:

Bags : http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ark-inventory

Mail : http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/postal

Chat : http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/prat-3-0

Handy Notes : http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes & http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes_draenortreasures

More advanced stuff you probably won't need to start off with.

Weakauras 2

Vuhdo (Healing)

Tidy plates

Deadly Boss Mods

Pitbull unit frames

Bartender

Quartz

Skada (damage meter)

• Upvote 2

Other things for you to consider;

Horde/Alliance both have a good mix of story.

The "old world" zones have been redone, all largely have good stories now (although some much better than others. If you go Horde though definately go to Silverpine Forest for story.). Leveling is quick/easy now, so you can keep going to new zones as you level up or finish each zones story

Racial abilities have been nerfed/standardised - so there's little benefit other than flavour/look etc over each

Classes have Dual Spec etc now and every one should have a good viable leveling spec (leveling is easy anyway :P)

PvP vs PvE server - personally would go PvE

https://realmpop.com/ - will help you pick a server with a good population for whatever faction you choose (the invite I've sent you will tell you about Muk Guild on PvE Draenor server - but you might want to go elsewhere)

• Upvote 1

Having run out of episodes of House of Cards, I went LFRing last night to stockpile focus runes for the inevitable day we bang our heads Gul'dan or whoever. Naturally, the game decided to shower me in loot I don't need instead, pah. Oh well.

It's funny though, unless you're a tank, you're almost literally never really in danger of going under 60% health yet people still managed to get killed on some of the fights (mainly the Twin Ogron and Oregorger, who was predictably hilarious as usual) and it's just boggling to wonder how they manage it.

How's everyone doing on the old Khadgar's Awful Shopping List front? 240 down, only 660 to arggggg. Next time, I'm just letting Garona shank the bastard.

How's everyone doing on the old Khadgar's Awful Shopping List front? 240 down, only 660 to arggggg. Next time, I'm just letting Garona shank the bastard.

1 Tablet, 36 runes. Mainly due to good luck with work orders and getting 20 odd runes from bosses in BRF during the first week, apparently not a bug just rare like the stone clusters. Also helped getting 9/10 down consistently every reset. Done the 3 other quests that require a thingymabob. Currently working on doing the quest that buffs you so you get access to Blackhand without doing all the other bosses, will be handy for the eponimus tier token he drops.

Literally can't wait for the obviously next tedious part of the quest...

I'm more skeptical about the usefulness of a legendary follower with a "unique" trait to be honest. It's gonna have to be pretty damned unique to be useful to me at this stage since I've been sat on 25/25 level 100 650 ilvl geared followers for ages now. Bash out the rune/grandiose weapon/highmaul missions every week easily with loads to spare for randomly completing missions towards the achievement, don't really see what another follower can bring.

Nub Hunter question.

I'm using a macro at the minute that tells my pet to attack and starts autoshotting at the same time. Which is useful for single mobs but when I want to cc I don't necessarily want my pet to be attacking the same target as me. Is it better to have 2 separate macros on hotkeys for better control of pets or leave it as one? I'm guessing with all the cooldowns a hunter has my keyboard shortcuts are going to be at a bit of a premium.

Hunters don't have cooldowns anymore, and pets automatically stop attacking their target if it gets CCed.

Also, you don't need that macro as pets can now be set to 'assist' mode so they always attack whatever you do.

• Upvote 1

I'm more skeptical about the usefulness of a legendary follower with a "unique" trait to be honest. It's gonna have to be pretty damned unique to be useful to me at this stage since I've been sat on 25/25 level 100 650 ilvl geared followers for ages now. Bash out the rune/grandiose weapon/highmaul missions every week easily with loads to spare for randomly completing missions towards the achievement, don't really see what another follower can bring.

It's just a bit of fun?

Anyway. Didn't they say something about more missions anyway? I am sure that when the next tier of content comes out they will raise the follower cap and missions will be something you do again. Could be at that point you'll be thankful for having the legendary follower. Think a bit longer term.

I haven't been able to get 100% chance on a mythic mission yet although I've not lost one. But it'll be nice if the legendary makes them a bit more certain.

They'll be more missions (although largely just more in the pool, rather than more missions offered).

Follower Ilevel cap will move to 675 IIRC. Cap on active follower numbers isn't changing ,

It's just a bit of fun?

Think you read my message as more of a go. I'm sure people will find it fun, I just don't like garrisons really. That, and 6.1 really does seem like such a waste of a content patch. Selfie cameras, twitter integration and a short questline that gives a new follower. Just seems like something they'd normally add in maintenance rather than a whole numbered patch.

Hunters don't have cooldowns anymore, and pets automatically stop attacking their target if it gets CCed.

Also, you don't need that macro as pets can now be set to 'assist' mode so they always attack whatever you do.

Yeah I did notice that, just wondered if it was worth having such a fastidious level of close control. Is there some sort of shot rotation I should be going with? I'm just soloing crap at the minute and having a fairly easy time of it (I've died twice to quest group bosses when I got cocky but that's it) and wondering if I should be thinking about my rotation for when it gets *really* fiddly.

Also I don't understand glyphs.

Okay I'm done.

Think you read my message as more of a go. I'm sure people will find it fun, I just don't like garrisons really. That, and 6.1 really does seem like such a waste of a content patch. Selfie cameras, twitter integration and a short questline that gives a new follower. Just seems like something they'd normally add in maintenance rather than a whole numbered patch.

I get that. I agree it's a non patch. I mean, it's non content. But the version number is irrelevant if there ain't no dungeons or raids. They're just eeking out the legendary quest I guess. Better that there's a follower than just more arbitrary quest hand ins I suppose.

The thing is I guess is garrisons is such a big deal now, if you don't like it that could be quite jarring and they don't seem to be about to change it... they put a lot of effort into garrisons being a thing, seemingly at the expense of more traditional grind content. Personally I love that there is a bunch of administration and clicking now instead of going out and Killing n of x daily because the game seems so much healthier for me than it used to when I was "hardcore".

I guess that means I agree it's weak content. I just want to raid without pressure to do more. Min maxing feels so easy now.

Thing is if you want to maximise elemental runes you're essentially forced to interact with garrisons every day whether it's the missions or fulfulling all work orders. Agreeably, it doesn't take long but I generally don't like it. That might just be me though, more grumpy than normal atm.

I find bartender to be great. Pitbull for unit frames.

Tell me when for debuffs on a target and self buffs because I couldn't dps without them

That's really all I need for my ui. It's blissfully simple these days. I reckon tell me when is the only one I really couldn't play without now though.

Other mods I use:

I use recount for epeen, dbm for avoiding fire but I hate it and would like to try without it.

I forget the name of my garrison mod which just makes sending followers off less of a chore. That's all of them. I'm not sure what changed, I swear I used to use a lot more back I the day.

• Upvote 1

I use pretty much the same as Cowfields, but use Skada instead of recount (it shows up in the bottom right box of my UI above when its on).

Other than that I have sexy map to hide all the buttons around the mini map plus I like that it glows. For the DPS I use weakauras and CLCret (for my other alts I occasionally use Ovale but otherwise just rely on weakuras plus the screen feedback the game gives by default). For the little boxes on the screen I used KgPanels as I prefer the neater look they give.

The hardest part of my UI setup was probably getting Pitbull to display the unit frames exactly how I wanted them to look.

• Upvote 1

Fuck you guys, I'm totes going after all the tunes for my jukebox and I better damn well get Ashes, Vince, and Midnight too while I'm at it or there will be hell to pay.

In other news, Kromag is indeed chaos on LFR. When the cool, calm and collected person keeping their head and getting shit done in a raid is me, you know you've got problems.

Interesting read on the forum (and for once a grammatically correct, well structured post) regarding the state of WoD. Genuinely inclined to agree with most of the points here. Been a loyal player for many years but this expansion is just a let down so far.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13686790283

I got about half way through before I just gave up on it (at about the point he started to get salty about lack of flight, which is still one of the best things they did in this expansion). From what I read he had a few good points, but the guy really needs to go and play something else if it's all so terrible. There have definitely been some missteps (he's right about them stuffing up 5 mans for example), but by and large I think the game is in a much better place than it was been for years.