IGNORED

505 Gamestreet

Freylis

I did mention that Virgin deal in an earlier post...

Yeah, I know - it's why I went and had a quick look. But I thought you meant just one or two. Not fifteen or so. Hence "Good news". Rather than "News".

But feel free to take the credit. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Post Office on Friday to send a parcel and came across a rackful of cheap PS2 and PC games, inlcuding some from 505 GameStreet (Chess Master, Zoo Puzzle and a couple of others). The rest were EA games (Lord of the Rings, Goldeneye) and the Xplosiv PC budget range.

The rack was red and had the PO logo on it so i'm guessing that they'll be up and down the country. ("PC games from £4.99. PlayStation 2 games from £9.99" the accompanying sign read)

Well, I now own one of these rare beasts - Zombie Zone. It's really quite fun too from playing all of the first level until I couldn't work out where I was meant to be going.

The AI for the Zombies is great - they really don't have any. Move near them and wake them up and they'll head to you, trying to kill you but if you run away they forget about you.

It is very repetitive. But fun despite it. The main character being a lass in bra and pants is very odd too. The biggest trouble is the fact there are invisible loading barriers, Half-Life style. If you stumble over one all the Zombies have magically reappeared. It does push you towards running though, which I guess you would in a Zombie situation.

It has some nice touches though - you have to keep your sword clean otherwise it gets stuck in the Zombies. And there are lots on screen at once.

So yeah, worth it. So far at least. And for the record, I bought it in the trading folder.

Play have Michigan now up for preorder. Due 16/12/05. Price £14.99.

Go now! Buy, buy!

\o/ *Goes to order*

Quick tip for developers trying to come up with a name for a sexy lady Table Tennis game:

For God's sake, don't call it Pink Pong.

It just conjours up the wrong sort of mental image.

:unsure:

edit: they also have Panzer Front Ausf B down for the 16/02

Also, completely unrelated, but I've just noticed that Armored Core Nexus finally has a release date (13/01/06) \o/

Is the PS2 Wonderful Life much different to the GC version ? I know it says special edition, but that could mean anything.

I also saw in GAME today Panzer AusfB & Harvest Fishing going for £20 each.

The PS2 Wonderful Life has an additional potential wife, the ability to have a kid of either sex, and lets you carry on building your farm after completion of the story mode.

Guily Gear Isuka spotted in Game - £15, or 2 for £25

It's the four player one, isn't it?  Not too sure how I feel about that, the earlier one got pretty chaotic, god know's what 4 player vs is like  :)

Hmm. Which Game did you see it in? Play has it as out on the 16th but it'd be a good xmas present for someone I know...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was bought a selection of these titles for Xmas, via Play.com. So far I have played:

Party Girls, which is pretty basic. Girls in swimsuits playing water based minigames. All of the games were a little short but it was good fun for half an hour or so.

Zombie Zone was alright. Looks nice enough and plays well. Repetitive and shallow but you know, it is some lass killing zombies in her smalls. I made the mistake of walking through one of the invisible loading walls, meaning the 100 zombies i killed were all back so I turned it off.

Paparazzi was confusing. A lot to take in for controls and what to do in each stage etc. Awful analogue control to aim the camera but there might be a bit of game in there. I shall give it another go when I have more time.

I have yet to try Demolition Girl and Splatter Master (although I played the Japanese version which was good). The others all support 60hz though which is nice.

If anybody sees a PAL Graffiti Kingdom anywhere for under a tenner, could you grab it for me. I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Also, did anybody get hold of Michigan? I have a Japanese version on my shelf that's waiting to be played through but if the PAL version is a decent localisation I'd rather grab that. So, if you have it, is it subbed or dubbed? Ta

Well I just played through Splatter Master on easy. It's a nice little game. It doesn't try to do anything fancy but what it does do it does well. You can't argue for the price, especially with the lack of scrolling fighters these days. Nice graphics and music too. And 60hz :D

Also, did anybody get hold of Michigan? I have a Japanese version on my shelf that's waiting to be played through but if the PAL version is a decent localisation I'd rather grab that. So, if you have it, is it subbed or dubbed? Ta

I was thinking of picking this up too but someone on this forum said the dubbing was Siren-quality (or something like that). Really that bad?

The dub in Siren isn't actually that bad either. Once you get over the misplaced accents, the actual acting is fairly good. Definately not enough to distract from what is a very good survival horror game though. Possibly even my favorite game of that genre (so long as we arent counting RE4).

Its bad but it doesnt ruin the game like Sirens does

Yeah, it's campy in a bad b-movie kinda way. The thing is, it's not hard to imagine these plastic, poorly animated blow-up doll-esque reporters have really ditzy voices, so it kinda works. But yeah, it's pretty bad. But at least they're not Japanese people with cockney accents.