IGNORED

Quantum Leap

Phelan

This is surely ripe for a new series. New company tries to restart the QL programme, new leaper/ing ensues. Could even have Sam Beckett in some episodes. Or the plot could even be they've managed to re-establish contact with Sam and he's back as the leaper.

In terms of cost to make, it's hardly expensive for a sci-fi show either.

Or they could just leave it alone and do something original.

Quantum Leap is one of my favourite TV shows of all time.  It had some obvious issues, but it had so much heart and warmth in so many of the episodes, I still absolutely adore it.

I shudder to think how many ways they could mess up a reboot.  

5 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Or they could just leave it alone and do something original.

Quantum Leap is one of my favourite TV shows of all time.  It had some obvious issues, but it had so much heart and warmth in so many of the episodes, I still absolutely adore it.

I shudder to think how many ways they could mess up a reboot.  

I specifically asked for *not* a reboot.

But yeah, they could fuck it up. Or, they might not.

22 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Damn, now my memory's failing.  What was the episode where Al wasn't the real Al, and he was just appearing next to Sam without his Door/Portal thing, which gave him away.  Was it one of the Evil Leaper ones?

Edit: The Boogieman.  So fucking good. https://quantumleap.fandom.com/wiki/The_Boogieman_(episode)

That synopsis sounds far more cheesy than I remember the episode being. :lol:

Creeped me the hell out as a kid!

On 30/01/2020 at 14:55, catinthehat said:

This. There was a real sense of friendship and camaraderie between Sam and Al and I won't lie, the episode where Sam ignores saving the POWs to get to his brother - that ending where they are looking at the photos gets me every time.

Only have hazy memories of the last season, because I didn't watch them all (this was back in the days of the original run on BBC2) - I never even knew before the post above that he leapt outside his own timeline! But I do recall it feeling a bit darker overall and the way it incorporated real-life people (which the series had generally ignored) was clever.

I loved the final episode too and it delivered, for me, a great happy-but-also-sad send-off.

They don't really make good, proper innocent family entertainment like that anymore, do they?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It feels like you could do something interesting with a new series of Quantum Leap, if only because there’s been another 30 years of history since the original series was made. There’s plenty of new material and new perspectives to cover. 

I love Quantum Leap and have them all on DVD. But I'm not sure how I feel about a reboot.

Can it be recaptured? They were very different times, and the show was jn amongst a significantly more meagre set of TV offerings. Since then time travel and sci-fi shows have covered so many bases, what could the reboot do that might be different?

Don't get me wrong, if they have a good idea and Bakula is in (Stockwell must be a good age now?), I'm there, but I hope they don't do it for the sake of it.