rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Phelan

Quantum Leap

It was to show Sam that there was other leapers and that he wasnt alone. The connection made in the past had been that only angels were leapers and Sam had transcended into something more than humanity or something similar. Its been over a decade some details are a little hazy :s

Ahhh, I see. Cheers :)

I suppose the clue was in the number of children that could SEE Al and would ALWAYS ask him if HE was an angel... Innocence and all that...

In the 2nd series (you guys can just tell me to shut up if im going on with too much detail here :( ) when Al was first seen by a child, they theorised that it was because children were innocent, sweet and without sin. Something they lost in drives as they grew older. Again more linkage with religiony goodness.

The kids could also see Sam as well. Made for some moments of comedy.

Not as good as when he was the legless vietnam vet in the hospital, and then he stood up, chroma-key sfx ago-go!

Not as good as when he was the legless vietnam vet in the hospital, and then he stood up, chroma-key sfx ago-go!

That was the episode with Jennifer Aniston in. Her breasts were the size of houses back then. Looking at her know, how the mighty have fallen :D

That was the episode with Jennifer Aniston in. Her breasts were the size of houses back then. Looking at her know, how the mighty have fallen :lol:

POST PIX PLZ?

I always wondered how difficult it must have been to make a show like Quantum Leap. Every week a new cast (mostly), no salvagable sets to re-use every time. Must've cost a fortune.

I assume they just used all the sets that were around the studios lot. QL could have been set anywhere every week and the backgrounds were never spectacular.

I always wondered how difficult it must have been to make a show like Quantum Leap. Every week a new cast (mostly), no salvagable sets to re-use every time. Must've cost a fortune.

Pretty popular format in those days though.

See also - A Team, Starsky & Hutch, etc.

I used to remember that you'd tend to get a sequence over each three episodes, a serious one, a funny one, and a plot developing one. Then back to serious etc. Comedy episodes include the vampire one, the one where sam is preggers, and the one where it's halloween and al wanders round dressed in chains. The best serious one was where he played the kid with downs. And the monkey episodes were awesome.

Still, I loved it, has it aged very badly?

I used to remember that you'd tend to get a sequence over each three episodes, a serious one, a funny one, and a plot developing one.  Then back to serious etc.  Comedy episodes include the vampire one, the one where sam is preggers, and the one where it's halloween and al wanders round dressed in chains.  The best serious one was where he played the kid with downs.  And the monkey episodes were awesome.

Still, I loved it, has it aged very badly?

Not as bad as you think, cos most of it is in the past its all 'period' so to speak. whenever there is anything about the future though, it goes a bit funny.

Not sure if this has been posted, but this has been back on again on ITV2 since Monday (10:35 and 17:55), from the beginning. I dont get back in time to watch it :lol:, but i thought someone else might be interested.

I've been watching this actually, in the first one when Sam jumps into some test pilot Al tells Sam the guy he jumped into is back in the lab. I never realised that whoever he jumped into ended up in the future in a lab with Al and the guys?!

Oh yeah, in fact there was one episode where the guy Sam had traded places with escaped and Al had to go trapsing around the laughable future town (was it '1999' or something?) in a laughable future car tracking him down.

N.B - I think. My mind may be playing tricks on me again.

Oh yeah, in fact there was one episode where the guy Sam had traded places with escaped and Al had to go trapsing around the laughable future town (was it '1999' or something?) in a laughable future car tracking him down.

N.B - I think. My mind may be playing tricks on me again.

No, that's all completely right. :lol:

And in the pregnant one, wasn't the woman going to give birth in the lab or something if Sam didn't sort everything out and leap in time?

Presumably the leap-ees would forget all about it when they were returned to their own time? I never saw an episode that explained all that.

Presumably the leap-ees would forget all about it when they were returned to their own time? I never saw an episode that explained all that.

IIRC the 'Swiss cheese memory' that Sam had as a result of leaping worked the other way. When the person in the Waiting Room leaped back they were 'equipped' with sufficient memory so where and when they found themselves wasn't a total surprise. The books - god, I'm sorry - go into more detail than the tv series ever did.

I don't think it was a feature of the series during its early run. It was a concept that only emerged when someone said 'Hang on, how does the guy who leaps back cope?'

DLNY...Dude, you've killed the last 2 Quantum Leap topics. Please don't post in here agian :)

So after hearing the theme tune (due to reading this read) i went and downloaded seasons 1-5 (I'm soo buying them all now especially at their bargin-licious prices ) I never really got to watch it when it was on the BBC the first time round (i used to always have football or somthing on at that time)

Anyways, before i started i didn't think it'd hold up to my nostalgic-love-filled memories.. But god damn i was wrong. It's AMAZING.. Al n' Sam are offically the best duo ever.

You can tell the ending was forced. But it was ither though design or intent one of the best endings ever considering the circumstances you can colour me supprised.

I'm now really itching for a sequal now. However, from what i've read they'll end up cocking it up by not having Al/Sam in it. (dispite all interveiws that i've read from those two saying they'd love to do it).

Anyways, On a lighter note.

The Scott Bakula Song!

You can tell the ending was forced. But it was ither though design or intent one of the best endings ever considering the circumstances you can colour me supprised.

It was the first of a two parter that had to be changed quickly in order to complete the series :unsure: If only it had carried on....