rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hub2

Xbox 360 Live Marketplace

I just keep getting a 'Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live' blade, every time I try to download Orange Box.

Odd.

The Blacksite demo has been up for eons hasn't it?

Thats the Midway game....they who did that really good WW2 game.

Depends which level it's set in, really. Some bits look really nice, but most of it's an ugly cunt. There's a billion glitches, shitty AI... you're a mental if you buy it, really.

It's by Stainless Games, so bound to be pretty tasty and 400 points. I really liked Missile Command the the Centipede/Millipede double-pack.

I like Asteroids, but it's needs to be updated to be worth buying again.

It will be if it follows the Centipede/Millipede and Missile Command template. They had visually enhanced 'evolved' modes and the super fast 'throttle monkey' mode, so I'd expect Asteroids will do the same.

Redwood City, CA - October 26, 2007 - Mark your calendars! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Burnout™ Paradise will be in stores January 22, 2008 in North America. Experience a piece of Paradise City by downloading the demo this December on the PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace. Designed specifically for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360™ videogame system

Excellent.

http://www.criteriongames.com/burnout/para...ndex_071026.php

They've actually managed to get a demo of a game BEFORE its come out?

I heard on some podcast that actually the game is finished and the team are already having a holiday. They're maybe delaying the release not to clash with pro street.

Anyone tried the new Frontline demo?

It meant to be anygood?

It is OK but it will struggle when compared to COD 4 which is a much better game by far. The download is 1.9GB which is taken up by lengthy cut-scenes before the game starts. The game feels leaden in its pace with slow action and enemies that accept that they are just targets. I would say that saving your bandwidth is a wise decision.

I dunno, I didnt like COD4 and thought Frontlines was quite nice. Something about it reminded me of SWAT on the original XBOX, almost arcadelike.

After the demo it said that the full game was free-roaming. Are they talking oblivion standards? because in the demo you were told to go back if you strayed too far from the battle zone, but I can see how it could be done, just adding extra objectives like they were quests or somesuch.

I enjoyed the bit with the tanks at the end of the demo, because my tank got blown up pretty quickly but I was able to stay alive and use guerilla tactics on the rest of the tanks with grenades, a rocket launcher and some RC explosives :(

Demo of Frontlines is a bit annoying, very very slow paced, controls are also a bit odd (probably just cause I'm so used to CoD4). It does seem to be trying to be a little different from other military FPS's, at least. It's also graphically nothing like the videos.

Frontline is a low-end shooter, comparable to something like Pariah or DarkWatch on the Xbox. Pointless really.

30fps really hurts after CoD4's 60fps too.

I tried to download the Operation Darkness demo from Japanese marketplace earlier and it told me that it wasn't available in my region.

I thought it was only US video marketplace stuff that was locked like this.

I tried to download the Operation Darkness demo from Japanese marketplace earlier and it told me that it wasn't available in my region.

I thought it was only US video marketplace stuff that was locked like this.

Used to be. Changed since the last update. I wanted to try Op Darkness too.